The SPFL recommendation?

Surely this reconstruction task force is going to have to get the job done fairly quickly as we now have Stranraer, Thistle, Hearts, ICT, Falkirk, Edinburgh, Kelty, Brora all in limbo. They won’t be able to budget or plan ahead without certainty on which division they will be playing in.

We’re all in Limbo today’s decision doesn’t mean Dundee Utd, Raith or Cove are going up merely that they’ve been awarded the league.

1 minute ago, Clyde01 said:

The reconstruction vote doesn’t have to be anything to do with that though.

Can’t see why rangers or Celtic would have an objection to a 14 team premier league.

Its 14 teams splitting the cash instead of 12 ffs.

See the sorry thing about this is Dundee demanding reconstruction talks they can talk as much as they want it doesnt mean its going to happen in fact unless they have it in writing then it means f**k all, this is going to blow up in there face if it doesnt work out.

Budge should be nowhere near any task force as it effects Hearts status in the league. Should have been an independent group to sort out this mess. Finances going to clubs is vital so that’s good. Let’s hope the focus group make decisions soon so teams know where they stand for next season so season tickets etc can be sold to bring in more finances during this difficult time. I wonder if Dundee been promised a 16 team top league to allow them to be promoted also?

I actually disagree with most of this [emoji23]
1. We weren't shafted
2. I wont be congratulating raith rovers as the whole season has not been completed, and I was confident we would have caught them, but a decision had to be made at some point which results in a team being promoted, with that team being raith.
3. Hearts, partick and stranraer dont deserve to be relegated, especially partick who had a game in hand. Yes they were bottom of the league, but there were still plenty of points to play for, and it's not their fault the season has come to an abrupt end.  I've no issue with the leagues being altered to prevent relegation, even for one season.

Cant disagree. It could have been Falkirk that were top and we were 2nd. To evenly matched teams who both deserve to be in the championship sum one had to be champs and it was us.

3 minutes ago, basher brash said:
15 minutes ago, champions said:
I actually disagree with most of this emoji23.png
1. We weren't shafted
2. I wont be congratulating raith rovers as the whole season has not been completed, and I was confident we would have caught them, but a decision had to be made at some point which results in a team being promoted, with that team being raith.
3. Hearts, partick and stranraer dont deserve to be relegated, especially partick who had a game in hand. Yes they were bottom of the league, but there were still plenty of points to play for, and it's not their fault the season has come to an abrupt end.  I've no issue with the leagues being altered to prevent relegation, even for one season.

Cant disagree. It could have been Falkirk that were top and we were 2nd. To evenly matched teams who both deserve to be in the championship sum one had to be champs and it was us.

All we need to top this off is for the SPFL to arrange some sort of public presentation of league trophies !!!

They wouldn’t !!! Would they ??? 😂 

They’ve treated the fans and clubs of the 3 leagues below the Premier League like shite as usual.

This isn’t about Falkirk, Partick, Raith, Stranraer, etc it’s about us as a collective getting treated like scum. All of us.
The SPFL, Doncaster, Lawell, Budge, Park, Nelms etc can all go to f**k.
Totally agree . Its been like this for years rangers are trying to whip up everyones support for what? to stop celtic winning 9 in a row simple. Fortunately for us we have been declared league winners is it fair on falkirk 100% not but most teams in Rover position would take it. Hopefully league re construction goes ahead and falkirk can get promotion likewise our fellow fifers kelty and brora

Not gonna call it “Champs”, but maybe “Winners (Declared).

As decisions go, this one shafts more people than I expected. Stranraer have, IMHO, more of a complaint than Partick. Partick have been retched all year and just lost to the second bottom team a few days before the close...Stranraer have held to a number of draws recently and have a game in hand and a history of late season heroics. Hearts don’t have a leg to stand on.

Edinburgh City would have had a punters chance in a playoff, the two below less so. Falkirk paid the price for poor BoD decisions from last year and the off season, and it seems pretty damn cruel, as they would have had an excellent chance to either finish on top or (more likely) win a playoff. Airdrie, Montrose and East Fife were not as likely to progress, but they’ve had that ripped away too. The winner of the Championship 2-4 playoff was smoking crack if they thought they had any real chance at beating the second bottom Premiership team.

This decision has left egg on the faces of all the SPFL and a number of teams, and won’t be forgotten easily. I expect the realignment talks to go exactly nowhere.

9 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

This is nipping my fucking tits.

No one, it's two fucking words.

Not necessarily. It can be hyphenated as 'no-one'. However, in a sentence like, "No one person has a monopoly on wisdom," it definitely has to be two words.

1 minute ago, Judge said:

Budge should be nowhere near any task force as it effects Hearts status in the league. Should have been an independent group to sort out this mess. Finances going to clubs is vital so that’s good. Let’s hope the focus group make decisions soon so teams know where they stand for next season so season tickets etc can be sold to bring in more finances during this difficult time. I wonder if Dundee been promised a 16 team top league to allow them to be promoted also?

I think its pretty much guaranteed the main discussion will be to offer Dundee a chance of promotion as a few friendlys wont really offer much.  However if they are in a new look top division they will get a bigger slice of the tv deal and have a chance to stay in the top league for the season after.  

I do agree noway hearts and hamilton chairmen should be the ones leading reconstruction talks If they have had a say in relegation for partick and stranrar its ludacris to let them find a way of trying to save their own seat at the top table.  

I actually disagree with most of this [emoji23]
1. We weren't shafted

We have been shafted though, along with Airdrie and montrose. Not by raith being declared winners, the decision is that current league standings have been taken as final, we just have to swallow that one. Arbitrarily being denied the opportunity of promotion through the playoffs however is a proper shafting for all teams in playoff positions.

You can't declare final positions (and the associated rewards/punishments) for teams top and bottom and not do the same for all other clubs. That would be a completely different rule for two teams to the other 8. That's absolutely a shafting.

If only there was some kind of precedent for cancelling playoffs partway through a season...

I think its pretty much guaranteed the main discussion will be to offer Dundee a chance of promotion as a few friendlys wont really offer much.  However if they are in a new look top division they will get a bigger slice of the tv deal and have a chance to stay in the top league for the season after.   I do agree noway hearts and hamilton chairmen should be the ones leading reconstruction talks If they have had a say in relegation for partick and stranrar its ludacris to let them find a way of trying to save their own seat at the top table.  

No one has been promoted or relegated yet. All that’s happened is the league tables have been declared final and 1st place declared as champions. There’s a very good chance any reconstruction will save Hearts, Partick and Stranraer from any relegation.

ETA - Sorry Ballboy I was mistaken and you are correct.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

No one has been promoted or relegated yet. All that’s happened is the league tables have been declared final and 1st place declared as champions. There’s a very good chance any reconstruction will save Hearts, Partick and Stranraer from any relegation.

That will probably be the likely outcome

Guest bernardblack
57.35% of Dundonians voted ‘Yes’ in 2014 and I’d imagine the majority of them still live in that socially deprived shite-hole of a city.
What are they looking to gain from voting ‘Yes’ this time ??

This is delicious

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not gonna call it “Champs”, but maybe “Winners (Declared).

As decisions go, this one shafts more people than I expected. Stranraer have, IMHO, more of a complaint than Partick. Partick have been retched all year and just lost to the second bottom team a few days before the close...Stranraer have held to a number of draws recently and have a game in hand and a history of late season heroics. Hearts don’t have a leg to stand on.

Edinburgh City would have had a punters chance in a playoff, the two below less so. Falkirk paid the price for poor BoD decisions from last year and the off season, and it seems pretty damn cruel, as they would have had an excellent chance to either finish on top or (more likely) win a playoff. Airdrie, Montrose and East Fife were not as likely to progress, but they’ve had that ripped away too. The winner of the Championship 2-4 playoff was smoking crack if they thought they had any real chance at beating the second bottom Premiership team.

This decision has left egg on the faces of all the SPFL and a number of teams, and won’t be forgotten easily. I expect the realignment talks to go exactly nowhere.

Sorry but I really don't get where you are pulling that from. I posted this earlier in the thread but Stranraer have won 2 games all season, and haven't won in the league in 16 games. For them to stay up realistically they'd need to win 6 out of their last 9, although I'd predict more likely 7 out of 9. Even then that would be for a relegation play-off spot. I'm not even sure any of the top sides in the league have had a run of form that good, never mind a club who have won twice all season. Compare that to Partick who need to win 1 game in hand to get out the relegation spot, it is no comparison.

It's still not fair for a club to be relegated when they can still stay up, miracles can happen. But Stranraer are the side I feel least sorry for out of the affected ones.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever