The SPFL recommendation?

11 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don't think it is. Forfar said theatre expecting about £3k.

Eta, beaten to it.

I think they should keep the money for themselves. It very good of them to try and help out the performing arts community at this time, but charity begins at home.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

All that couldve been sorted out if there had been a will to do it. We couldve shared with a top flight club but none of them would let us as they knew it meant one of them being bumped out the league . They then bent over backwards to sort things out for ICT even holding vote after vote to get them in because the groundswell of opinion was by then too much to see another club getting bumped due to their stupid stadium rules.

Aye right. But you didn't. Had Falkirk offered, let's say Motherwell, or another SPL club, the rent they'd have dropped the bottom club like a hot tattie. There is no solidarity between the clubs, money talks.

Christie tried to brass it and chase what he thought was the cheap option and got caught.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Too stupid? noone was interested.  You were asking turkeys to vote for christmas at that point.  Why then would anyone in the top flight agree to that when it meant one of them going down. Only when the groundswell of opinion  became so high did it change and ICT got in. Let's not forget they had to hold that vote twice before ICT actually got in.  Noone was interested in bending the rules for us . Groundsharing was a non starter and we couldnt do anything regarding our own ground until the council finally gave us planning permission to put a supermarket on brockville. That took years to get sorted and we certainly didn't have 10 mill in cash at the time to turn brockville into a 10000 seater stadium.

This is nipping my fucking tits.

No one, it's two fucking words.

34 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I keep seeing 16 team top flight. Wasn't Dundee's plan for a 14 team top flight with splitting into 6/8 after 2 rounds of games and then going for another 2 rounds? Obviously Dundee wouldn't be promoted just now but it would make their own prospects of top flight football more achievable in the future. 

16 team top flight has no chance at all!

Larger leagues seem less diddy for some  reason. Norway has a 16 team league. I thought Croatia did too but it turns out their top league only has 10 teams. 

Those were the first two countries of similar size that came to mind. That’s as scientific as it gets. Result: inconclusive.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Aye right. But you didn't. Had Falkirk offered, let's say Motherwell, or another SPL club, the rent they'd have dropped the bottom club like a hot tattie. There is no solidarity between the clubs, money talks.

Christie tried to brass it and chase what he thought was the cheap option and got caught.

Not true at all I can only assume you didn't take much interest in the whole situation back then.We tried at the time. Do u not think we looked at every alternative to get in. The top flight clubs stuck together like glue which is why airdrie and murrayfield were looked at as options.  Noone in the top flight were willing to groundshare and even if they had it wouldnt have passed a vote. The only reason ICT got in was that even the fans of top flight clubs were scunnered at the closed shop mentality of the top flight.  The mentality had changed. With us it was what can we do to keep them out whilst with ICT it was all about what can we do to get ICT in.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Ok This is went on long enough. Same old crap getting stated time and time again in various posts.

Its time to fire up the pools panel and decide all the outcomes of remaining games in the 4 leagues and dad on ?????????

How about that????????

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not true at all.We tried at the time. Do u not think we looked at every alternative to get in. The top flight clubs stuck together like glue which is why airdrie and murrayfield were looked at as options.  Noone in the top flight were willing to groundshare and even if they had it wouldnt have passed a vote. The only reason ICT got in was that even the fans of top flight clubs were scunnered at the closed shop mentality of the top flight.  The mentality had changed. With us it was what can we do to keep them out whilst with ICT it was all about what can we do to get ICT in.

Well if Christie hadn't lied to their faces they might have been more accomodating.

We all know the SPL was shite and the SPFL is worse. That doesn't mean Falkirk were in the right.

11 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Prize monies totals to be divvied out:
image.thumb.png.429bfc8b0e34c39e4092cc3300fafede.png

11 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Just confuses the shite out of me this is what the Record has just put on which is at odds unless the one from the sun as i say is additonal money thats left over from the pot (cant even spell Falkirk right)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-prize-money-available-your-21866037

Ladbrokes League 1   

1st - Raith Rovers - £125,000

2nd - Falkrik - £107,500

3rd - Aidrieonians - £87,500

4th - Montrose - £85,000

5th - East Fife - £82,500

6th - Dumbarton - £80,000

7th - Clyde - £77,500

8th - Peterhead - £75,000

9th - Forfar - £72,500

10th - Stranraer - £70,000

To try to clear this up a bit, the top figures from the Sun are completely wrong. They have no basis in fact whatsoever and are based on an incorrect assumption about what clubs have been paid so far. They have assumed that the remaining money will be paid based on the final percentages, but this is not correct - the money paid so far has been based on the minimum available within each division, so the clubs at the bottom of each division have already been paid most of their money, while the clubs higher up are due much more.

The second article from the Daily Record outlines the total prize money each club would expect to receive over the season (based on an assumption that the total prize money is the same as last season). The headline is misleading but the actual article makes it clear that clubs have already been paid money.

This is my estimate of what clubs are due. It is based on two main assumptions - the first is that the total prize pot is the same as last season (£25m) and the second is that clubs have already been paid 80% of the minimum placing for their division. This tallies up almost exactly with the Inverness claim that they are due £330k, but less so with Forfar's claim that they are only due about £3k. This suggests that either slightly more has been paid to lower league clubs, or that one of them was wrong.

Picture1.thumb.png.255c8bbdb40d51aed9c3776b0f56b8d0.png

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Well if Christie hadn't lied to their faces they might have been more accomodating.

We all know the SPL was shite and the SPFL is worse. That doesn't mean Falkirk were in the right.

He didn't lie to anyones face.  We put forward a proposal which was simply flung out that's it. There was no can you get a bit more clarity on this or that it was a simple no and that was it.  In the ict case the vote was exactly the same as ours until pressure from the media and fans made them have another vote which passed. There was no second vote for us.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He didn't lie to anyones face.  We put forward a proposal which was simply flung out that's it. There was no can you get a bit more clarity on this or that it was a simple no and that was it.  In the ict case the vote was exactly the same as ours until pressure from the media and fans made them have another vote which passed. There was no second vote for us.

Last time. He did. He claimed agreement had been reached with Airdrie, who didn't even own the stadium at the time.

39 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Have Dundee given any indication when they’re planning to make that tough 50/50 decision so the other 41 clubs know what the hell is going on. Not really arsed which way they vote but this sitting on the fence looking for bribes is absolutely tragic.

Would be good of them and the SPFL to get their finger out.

Edited by Scary Bear

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Last time. He did. He claimed agreement had been reached with Airdrie, who didn't even own the stadium at the time.

Gentlemen!! Could you please  start your own mibbees aye, mibbees naw thread for this subject? 

Ta

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think it was because Campbell Christie lied to the, then, board about primacy of stadium use. He told them it was all agreed with Airdrie, it wasn't.

It could have been if he had approached it differently, but he didn't. ICT did, with cooperation from Aberdeen, that was the difference.

Don't really want to drag all this out again, but that's not how I remember it; it was the SPL line that Falkirk couldn't guarantee primacy that would avoid a home fixture clash with Airdrie.  Conveniently ignoring that its the SPL who organise the fixture lists - hence the Arse-cheeks never both play at home on the same day.   And irrespective of ICT or Gretna ground-sharing with top tier clubs,  Celtic ground-shared with Queens Park, did they not?   

Anyway, whatever.   This current fiasco is sadly predictable, and whatever ultimately happens will decidedly NOT be "in the best interests of Scottish football", as casualties seem inevitable and certain Colt teams seem to be slithering ever closer to reality. Sad days indeed. 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Larger leagues seem less diddy for some  reason. Norway has a 16 team league. I thought Croatia did too but it turns out their top league only has 10 teams. 

Those were the first two countries of similar size that came to mind. That’s as scientific as it gets. Result: inconclusive.

Of the countries with populations between 4m-7m, Bulgaria and Denmark both have 14-team leagues, Norway has 16, and all the rest (Finland, Slovakia, Ireland, Croatia) are 12 or less. Result: still inconclusive.

Normally 16 wouldn't be particularly far-fetched from a 'population to league size' perspective. Belgium, Czechia, Greece, Portugal, Sweden, Belarus and Serbia are all under 12m in population and have 16 (or more) in their leagues. The problem in Scotland is in the dynamic of our league setup, where the requirement of specific fixtures limits our options as to how the top league is formatted.

I'd like bigger leagues in Scotland, and not just because it would impact positively on my club just now. I've been calling for bigger leagues ever since we had to play Falkirk 7 times in the one season over a decade ago. That kind of over-familiarity with any opponent is just shite.

Edited by Nightmare

Of the countries with populations between 4m-7m, Bulgaria and Denmark both have 14-team leagues, Norway has 16, and all the rest (Finland, Slovakia, Ireland, Croatia) are 12 or less. Result: still inconclusive.
Normally 16 wouldn't be particularly far-fetched from a 'population to league size' perspective. Belgium, Czechia, Greece, Portugal, Sweden, Belarus and Serbia are all under 12m in population and have 16 (or more) in their leagues. The problem in Scotland is in the dynamic of our league setup, where the requirement of specific fixtures limits our options as to how the top league is formatted.
I'd like bigger leagues in Scotland, and not just because it would impact positively on my club just now. I've been calling for bigger leagues ever since we had to play Falkirk 7 times in the one season over a decade ago. That kind of over-familiarity with any opponent is just shite.

Norway only plays 30 league games a season though. You’d need a messy split to make a 16 team league work in Scotland, and as mentioned it’s a non-started for the top flight anyway for reasons that should be obvious.

Why would you need any split? It's a shambles and should be a non starter in any league, how anyone on this planet can think that the possibility of finishing 6th with less points than the team that finishes 7th is a good idea is beyond me.

Norway only plays 30 league games a season though. You’d need a messy split to make a 16 team league work in Scotland, and as mentioned it’s a non-started for the top flight anyway for reasons that should be obvious.