The SPFL recommendation?

Guest Ecosse83

I keep seeing 16 team top flight. Wasn't Dundee's plan for a 14 team top flight with splitting into 6/8 after 2 rounds of games and then going for another 2 rounds? Obviously Dundee wouldn't be promoted just now but it would make their own prospects of top flight football more achievable in the future. 

16 team top flight has no chance at all!

Why not? 
He's doing everything he can to get his club the best possible outcome. 
That's what he's there for. 

His starting position is one of strength (given you were top of the league and the unlikelihood of resuming) yet despite that he’s coming across as an absolute dick. A desperado, each statement more ridiculous than the last, although he seemed to rein it in a bit last night. I don’t see the same nonsense from Dundee Utd or Cove who are in the same position and have a much stronger claim to be ‘champions’.

Yes, but Falkirk knew at the start of that season they couldnt get promoted, as the rules were there for all to see.
Yet your fans still bleat about it as an injustice. 
Remember how your own club/fans act next time you start criticising others.

The detail that’s always forgotten is that Falkirk shouldn’t really have even been in the old First Division that season and would have been relegated the season before due to the Clydebank and Airdrie thing.

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Not sure Partick can complain too much if they came down at our expense though. We’ve already beaten them this season and looked a superior team.

Is that a serious post?

I'd be quite happy to get promoted out of this league with any evidence that we were ever in it expunged from the record books. 

We can’t allow the records to be expunged as now that the season is ‘finished’ we can state with certainty that Falkirk lost every league game against Clyde [emoji41].

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

I'd be fairly relaxed if Dundee just came out and actually did vote No tbh. At least then this ridiculous situation would cease and we could again try and find a way forward. 

At the moment, it's a mess - Dundee still haven't addressed the circumstances of their vote being "incompetent" and no one knows what they are currently up to. Looking out for number 1 as most are, but exactly what they are trying to do is a mystery. 

Still, some laugh last night at the sheer state of some Rangers fans. It was like 2012 all over again. 

Read that tweet from Raith and all the replies from arse cheek morons treating as some little proxy battleground between them. Absolute dregs.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Our plan was to groundshare at that point. ICT were allowed to first ground share and then against top flight rules change grounds half way through a season. Was ok for them but not us. Then you wonder why we bleat about injustice.

It happened to Falkirk twice. The first time because your stadium wasnt up to it.

3 years later the exact same thing happened because Falkirk hadnt bothered their arse to actually resolve anything. 

ICT, then Gretna, had the brains to apply to use a SPL ground to ground share, Falkirk yet again were too stupid to do that.

As I said, Falkirk failing to get promoted was their own fault, yet your fans and club constantly try and blame others and would happily have seen other clubs suffer to see themselves promoted. Remember that while you storm around the forum throwing your toys at everyone else.

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Honestly can’t decide if our Chairman is having a nightmare over all this or is playing an absolute blinder. Is it possible to be doing both? 

Depends on the outcome.  If we are playing Championship football next season, he's had an absolute stormer.  

It happened to Falkirk twice. The first time because your stadium wasnt up to it.
3 years later the exact same thing happened because Falkirk hadnt bothered their arse to actually resolve anything. 
ICT, then Gretna, had the brains to apply to use a SPL ground to ground share, Falkirk yet again were too stupid to do that.
As I said, Falkirk failing to get promoted was their own fault, yet your fans and club constantly try and blame others and would happily have seen other clubs suffer to see themselves promoted. Remember that while you storm around the forum throwing your toys at everyone else.

“No seats, no SPL!”

Read that tweet from Raith and all the replies from arse cheek morons treating as some little proxy battleground between them. Absolute dregs.

Aye sadly they pollute pretty much every part of social media P&B is one of the few places that seems to be 99% free of them. There will be a super meltdown one way or the other when the league is settled and Titles are handed out or nullified. Popcorn [emoji897]

24 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Hand on heart it would be much more of an injustice Partick being relegated than Falkirk being denied the chance of winning promotion. 

Agreed. I want the games finished so everything can be completed properly, but have also accepted that we'll be playing L1 football next season. But the partick situation is a disgrace, and bizarrely that angers me more.

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Our plan was to groundshare at that point. ICT were allowed to first ground share and then against top flight rules change grounds half way through a season. Was ok for them but not us. Then you wonder why we bleat about injustice.

I think it was because Campbell Christie lied to the, then, board about primacy of stadium use. He told them it was all agreed with Airdrie, it wasn't.

It could have been if he had approached it differently, but he didn't. ICT did, with cooperation from Aberdeen, that was the difference.

My goodness how desperate are Raith going to get, wanting to be named Champions as well [emoji1787]
You lads better hope the season starts in August, the money you desperately need just now won't last forever!
Ill be honest im getting sick at tired of the board coming out with these statements , im totally embarrased with the whole situation. Would i love this season to end now? Yes ! so would any team in our position, Would i like us to be classed champions no ! I just want promotion and the fairest way to do it is to promote the top 2 in each league and no relegation for the other teams.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Quite.

Remarkable how many of these justice warriors happily suggest scenarios where other clubs lose out but their own club benefits.

Because at some point, people have to consider the practicalities of what will get through and what won't.

In theory, my preference is to wait and see when we can have a better idea of when 2020/21 might start and hold off to see if we can play out the remainder of 2019/20 but I accept that practically, that poses too many problems and clubs won't vote for it.

My issue with the current proposal is this kind of argument that we should just pretend the league actually did end and Celtic, Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove won their leagues and Hearts, Partick and Stranraer should go down. That absolutely doesn't sit right with me and plenty others.

So what are the alternatives? We call the end of the season with no titles / promotions / relegations. I would accept that (obviously you would goes the cry because mid-table, keep the derby with Raith, blah, blah). For me, it's an option that's worth sounding clubs out on but my feeling is there's enough opposition for it not to pass. It may still be a last resort if all else fails.

So then you're left trying to think about what you'd support that is realistic and would pass. 2 up / 0 down and no titles seems to me to have a good chance if you can convince the likes of St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County who might think they have a decent chance of finishing 12-14th in a 14 team Premier. I don't think ICT, Raith, Falkirk, Edinburgh really intrinsically 'deserve' to be promoted but this solution is a practical fix that stops the relegation of teams that would gain the support of a lot fo the clubs that voted against the last proposal.

People can change their positions on things because they're adults who realise compromise is often the only way of getting things done.

6 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Ill be honest im getting sick at tired of the board coming out with these statements , im totally embarrased with the whole situation. Would i love this season to end now? Yes ! so would any team in our position, Would i like us to be classed champions no ! I just want promotion and the fairest way to do it is to promote the top 2 in each league and no relegation for the other teams.

Fair doos.

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Too stupid? noone was interested.  You were asking turkeys to vote for christmas at that point.  Why then would anyone in the top flight agree to that when it meant one of them going down. Only when the groundswell of opinion  became so high did it change and ICT got in. Let's not forget they had to hold that vote twice before ICT actually got in.  Noone was interested in bending the rules for us . Groundsharing was a non starter and we couldnt do anything regarding our own ground until the council finally gave us planning permission to put a supermarket on brockville. That took years to get sorted and we certainly didn't have 10 mill in cash at the time to turn brockville into a 10000 seater stadium.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2004/jun/02/newsstory.sport3

Article in the guardian from back when ICT got bumped the first time. Even after agreeing a groundshare they still had 5 teams voting against them.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think it was because Campbell Christie lied to the, then, board about primacy of stadium use. He told them it was all agreed with Airdrie, it wasn't.

It could have been if he had approached it differently, but he didn't. ICT did, with cooperation from Aberdeen, that was the difference.

All that couldve been sorted out if there had been a will to do it. We couldve shared with a top flight club but none of them would let us as they knew it meant one of them being bumped out the league . They then bent over backwards to sort things out for ICT even holding vote after vote to get them in because the groundswell of opinion was by then too much to see another club getting bumped due to their stupid stadium rules.