The SPFL recommendation?

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Calm down folks, I was merely replying to TX Rover's hypothetical scenario and I did say 'if there was an appetite for it'.

Basic problem with 200 at £100 each. Stranraer have 132 (paid) season ticket holders, Peterhead have  173...Forfar, Clyde and Dumbarton can perhaps reach 1,000 together. That’s half the League that would struggle to even do that.

Oh, and promotion without Title...OK, we’ll print shits saying “2019-2020 Senior Promoted League One Team” and make a batch for Falkirk saying “2019-2020 Last Promoted league One Team. Then maybe a set for Airdrie, Montrose and East Fife saying “Raith and Falkirk got promoted, and all we got was this lousy t-shirt”...

Honestly , nothing will make everyone happy, and very little will make very few unhappy. Let’s take 14-10-10-10...that means 3 automatic relegation places from 14 spots, plus one playoff entrant. The Championship and League One see numbers 8, 9 & 10 automatically demoted and number 7 into a playoff to remain up. In League Two, it’s the bottom two teams down to HL/LL and the 8th place Team in a playoff with the HL/LL champs.

After one season of 14-10-10-10, you could see up to 29% of the Premiership change, up to 60% of the Championship and League One, and 50% of League Two.

Edited by TxRover

7 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Heard a wee rumour that may or may not be from spfl mouth directly about plans for a 16/16/16 league set up under the reconstruction plans being thrown about.

Just look at how good that would be. Personally think this will save Scottish football and make people interested in their clubs again.

Top tier of:
Celtic
Rangers
Motherwell
Aberdeen
Livingston
Hibs
St J
Killie
St mirren
Ross county
Hamilton
Hearts
Dundee utd
Inverness
Dundee
Ayr

Second tier of:
Dunfy
Arbroath
Morton
Alloa
Qots
Partick
Raith
Falkirk
Airdrie
Montrose
EF
Dumbarton
Clyde
Peterhead
Forfar
Stranraer

Third tier of:
Cove
Edin
Cowden
Queens
Elgin
Annan
Stirling
Albion
Brechin
Brora
Kelty
Fraserburgh
Bonnyrigg
Inverurie
East Stirling

Sign me up now

That looks absolutely atrocious, the drop off from the top tier to the second is absolutely massive. 

Based on 2018/19
The percentage is the share of the total £25m the league distribute. Forfar get 0.29% is £72500.00 for the season for finishing 9th. This doesn't explain why the sun says they're due £26k but the chairman says it's £3k.

Because the clubs have already had £70k each

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Because the clubs have already had £70k each

I understand how it works. The majority of the money is paid in instalments. The final instalment is based on league position. The SPFL either in error, or deliberately, is withholding that until the season is formally ended. I was pointing out that there are inconsistencies in what the Falkirk poster was reproducing. I posted the SPFL figures for comparison.

11 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Just read an article from the Partick Thistle web site 

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/partick-thistle-fc-board-update-14th-april-2020/

senior and junior council have confirmed SPFL have mislead clubs and carried the whole process in an unfair and biased manner 

I think we can all stop talking about the league finishing early as proposed 

No, senior and junior council have offered an opinion that it may have. That's all.

For a start on points per game the top 3 in the lowland league are kelty, Bonnyrigg and bsc Glasgow. In the same way the highland league would be brora, Fraserburgh and Rothes. So you’ve promoted the wrong teams.

What’s happened to Stenny have they gone out of business already?

How would leagues of 16 work exactly? Only play twice that’s only 30 games. Introduce split would be too many games so probably need to be some kind of mini-leagues/playoffs system.

Can’t see why the premier league would ever agree to voting that through to be honest. Despite what fans would want.
I forgot about stenny.

I made the tables up to see what it would look like as forgot.

Just looked at top 3 sides in HL and LL.

Soz lod. Really soz

2 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

I forgot about stenny.

I made the tables up to see what it would look like as forgot.

Just looked at top 3 sides in HL and LL.

Soz lod. Really soz

For argument sakes, are we still working off of 1 up/1 down automatically plus play offs with 9th,2nd,3rd and 4th?

9 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

its like pulling out the 100m at the 75m point because your in front and declaring yourself the winner.  That statement just screams out desperation.

image.thumb.png.42f336e9a6c021cffa2926c96c245508.png

If your dad had pulled out we wouldn’t  have to read this nonsense that suggests Raith downed tools and conveniently ignores the global pandemic that stopped football

Instead of increasing the top flight by 2, how about they do away with the play offs and increase the automatic relegations to 2.

Increase championship to 12, same format as SPL, and two automatic relegations. Could include a relegation play off in addition.

L1 and L2 remain the same but with 2 automatic promotions and relegations. Kelty and Brora admitted to L2.

Losers in this would be hearts and teams currently in 3rd and 4th place in Championship, L1 and L2, but there is a guaranteed increase in movement between leagues come the end of the season.

Edited by champions

12 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

How because you want a trophy cause you were top without completing the season,were you the fat kid at school that came last and complained to his maw you never won so they had to give everyone a medal for taking part,

You are taking it really well. 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

You are taking it really well. 

Too early in the morning can see it’s going to be another fun filled day of the last 20 pages being repeated, thanks for being one of the decent Raith posters 

I'd be fairly relaxed if Dundee just came out and actually did vote No tbh. At least then this ridiculous situation would cease and we could again try and find a way forward. 

At the moment, it's a mess - Dundee still haven't addressed the circumstances of their vote being "incompetent" and no one knows what they are currently up to. Looking out for number 1 as most are, but exactly what they are trying to do is a mystery. 

Still, some laugh last night at the sheer state of some Rangers fans. It was like 2012 all over again. 

Increase league size, top 2 promoted 3rd place team with a play off spot, allow the other leagues to seek any sort of deal outside the premiership for tv. That way the premiership can stop arsing up the game for being self preservationist it might not be much but was we had bbc Scotland showing league 1 and in the past was it scotsport extra time that used to show the championship and further down.

6 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Folk using this crisis for their half baked League reconstruction arguments is pointless.  There is no way on Earth Premiership Clubs are going to agree to a 16 team league so let’s stop pretending it’s even an option. 

Most havent even thought it through...

YOU CANT PROMOTE SIDES BASED ON THEIR POSITION IN AN INCOMPLETE SEASON! They scream...

Next minute they're wanting to use positions in an incomplete season to promote sides...

Apparently promoting teams in the guaranteed promotion spot of top is a travesty and disgrace to the sport, but promoting sides in the play offs, who have no guarantee of promotion, is clearly the correct move.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Most havent even thought it through...

YOU CANT PROMOTE SIDES BASED ON THEIR POSITION IN AN INCOMPLETE SEASON! They scream...

Next minute they're wanting to use positions in an incomplete season to promote sides...

Apparently promoting teams in the guaranteed promotion spot of top is a travesty and disgrace to the sport, but promoting sides in the play offs, who have no guarantee of promotion, is clearly the correct move.

Yeah I have to admit I don't get that. I can understand teams being frustrated at not having the chance to complete the season, but essentially the only real gripe Falkirk have is that the current proposals don't benefit them. Add in reconstruction and any club will be all for it if it benefits them, regardless of the fact that the season won't be any more complete. The argument of "but the season is incomplete, its only a random weekend in March" is only there because at the moment it does not benefit them. 

Decent statement from us all things considered. I don't think the club meant they had a burning desire to be champions, I took that line to read we will only accept this proposal or a reconstruction. Being declared champions or not will not matter one bit of promotion is on the table. Hence the phrase "and/or" 

Edited by CALDERON