The SPFL recommendation?

I agree with Gordon, I’m not fussed about being declared champions, we won’t have the chance to enjoy the benefits that come with winning a championship.

Promotion is the important thing.

And you’d always have the sly digs about not actually earning the championship. If they crown us champions then fine, if not then as long as we go up I won’t care.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Just confuses the shite out of me this is what the Record has just put on which is at odds unless the one from the sun as i say is additonal money thats left over from the pot (cant even spell Falkirk right)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-prize-money-available-your-21866037

Ladbrokes League 1   

1st - Raith Rovers - £125,000

2nd - Falkrik - £107,500

3rd - Aidrieonians - £87,500

4th - Montrose - £85,000

5th - East Fife - £82,500

6th - Dumbarton - £80,000

7th - Clyde - £77,500

8th - Peterhead - £75,000

9th - Forfar - £72,500

10th - Stranraer - £70,000

That's kind of my point. You're reproducing tables without any context. You don't know what's been paid or not and neither do the rags you quote.

17 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

It's not sour grapes. I'd be genuinely surprised if this was a line in the sand for Raith. Would they vote no to 2 up / 0 down with no champions declared? I seriously doubt it.

Might not be a line in the sand for Raith, but it would be for Celtic.

2 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

The statement does say AND/OR in fairness.

Aye, good shout, I just remembered that.

Still, promotion is far more valuable. If Raith are promoted they get all the benefits bar the excitement of a promotion winning game. Given the choice between championship and no promotion or promotion and no championship, it's a total no brainer.

5 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Might not be a line in the sand for Raith, but it would be for Celtic.

Yep. It will be. But realistically, they'll be the only ones to throw the toys out the pram over this.

Promotion / no relegation / no championship gets you Rangers, Hearts, ICT, Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer and Edinburgh at a stroke. Dundee and East Fife might vote for it but it wouldn't matter either way.

Celtic can howl at the moon all they like.

Edited by Gordon EF

Can you imagine the seethe from either side of the bigot brothers if Celtic were declared champions or not. I’m all for it.

Raith and Falkirk both being promoted, still isn’t right but is probably the fairest outcome in all of this but you can’t be declared champions with around the quarter of the season to go. The same goes for Dundee United & Cove. It’s not sour grapes towards Raith, as we would be doing exactly the same thing in their position.

I know restructuring is a completely different topic, but having larger leagues would be my preference. Right now, you could be playing the same teams 6 times a season and that’s before you take the cups into account. Leagues of 16 would be my preference, however that would mean missing out on 3 home fixtures in the current set up.

Guest Ecosse83

My goodness how desperate are Raith going to get, wanting to be named Champions as well 🤣

You lads better hope the season starts in August, the money you desperately need just now won't last forever!

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Just as a experiment, let’s  say we were able to start games about July 1, and agree to play the 8 or 9 missing games over 5 weeks. The players get compelled with extended contracts...so now the teams have to pay them. Do the basic maths, 20 players on as little as £200/week is £20,000 for the five weeks. Everyone pretty much agrees there would be no crowd, so no gate and associated revenues. And, to be honest, £20,000 is low for the players for five weeks and ignores the other club costs...and these are teams scrambling to gather a few thousand quid! That plan would bankrupt at least half the League One teams, most of League Two, and  fair number of Championship and Premiership sides would be digging in the sofa for loose change, with a couple failing too.

Those costs could probably be covered if clubs got the begging bowls out. 200 fans donating £100 each would raise the 20k for example. I think that sort of effort, combined with other fund raising ideas, would be doable if there was an appetite for it.

This, of course, is only looking at those specific financials and takes no account of the plethora of other things that would need to be considered. (Just saving the RR fans the trouble of jumping down my throat!)

Those costs could probably be covered if clubs got the begging bowls out. 200 fans donating £100 each would raise the 20k for example. I think that sort of effort, combined with other fund raising ideas, would be doable if there was an appetite for it.
This, of course, is only looking at those specific financials and takes no account of the plethora of other things that would need to be considered. (Just saving the RR fans the trouble of jumping down my throat!)
Clubs already have the begging bowl out to cover current wages etc never mind extending contracts to finish the season.

A lot fund raising that clubs rely on isnt going to be available either. Hospitality, golf days, hall of fame dinners, player of the year nights can't take place.

9 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

My goodness how desperate are Raith going to get, wanting to be named Champions as well 🤣

You lads better hope the season starts in August, the money you desperately need just now won't last forever!

giphy.gif.736babc48c53fd2944909dd9aded1b24.gif

16 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Many clubs have already got the begging bowls out. And a few weeks after the above scenario clubs would be looking for another £200-300 for season tickets for the new season. Not to mention that many people will be in financial difficulty themselves due to all that is going on and donating to football clubs isn't going to be top priority. Going ahead with a strategy that you know would rely on fans bailing clubs out is utterly reckless. We have no idea how long the government will ban fans attending sporting events, if we get to a situation where clubs have full squads to pay but fans unable to attend games then clubs are going to hit the wall.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

22 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

I'm surely not the only one who can see that a top league of 14 wont work, and that hurried reconstruction based on brinksmanship by one club is utterly moronic?

Why wouldn't it work as a one-off special circumstances work around?

My goodness how desperate are Raith going to get, wanting to be named Champions as well [emoji1787]
You do know that every club in the country will be in trouble come August even with this money. This is just to tide clubs over. If we don't have football until late this year I cannot see how all 42 clubs will survive. It's just like every industry. Not every business will get through this and football clubs are and will be no different.

Heard a wee rumour that may or may not be from spfl mouth directly about plans for a 16/16/16 league set up under the reconstruction plans being thrown about.

Just look at how good that would be. Personally think this will save Scottish football and make people interested in their clubs again.

Top tier of:
Celtic
Rangers
Motherwell
Aberdeen
Livingston
Hibs
St J
Killie
St mirren
Ross county
Hamilton
Hearts
Dundee utd
Inverness
Dundee
Ayr

Second tier of:
Dunfy
Arbroath
Morton
Alloa
Qots
Partick
Raith
Falkirk
Airdrie
Montrose
EF
Dumbarton
Clyde
Peterhead
Forfar
Stranraer

Third tier of:
Cove
Edin
Cowden
Queens
Elgin
Annan
Stirling
Albion
Brechin
Brora
Kelty
Fraserburgh
Bonnyrigg
Inverurie
East Stirling

Sign me up now

For a start on points per game the top 3 in the lowland league are kelty, Bonnyrigg and bsc Glasgow. In the same way the highland league would be brora, Fraserburgh and Rothes. So you’ve promoted the wrong teams.

What’s happened to Stenny have they gone out of business already?

How would leagues of 16 work exactly? Only play twice that’s only 30 games. Introduce split would be too many games so probably need to be some kind of mini-leagues/playoffs system.

Can’t see why the premier league would ever agree to voting that through to be honest. Despite what fans would want.

21 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

How would leagues of 16 work exactly? Only play twice that’s only 30 games. Introduce split would be too many games so probably need to be some kind of mini-leagues/playoffs system.

Can’t see why the premier league would ever agree to voting that through to be honest. Despite what fans would want.

This is just reconstruction nerd shite, I know the Premier clubs would never go for 16. But to be honest, they're unlikely to go for anything viable so it's all pretty moot. It seems impossible to come up with a structure that the fans would be happy with and hoards enough money between the top few clubs.

I'd go H & A and then have a split where you play each team once. Make it so that you're guaranteed to play the team immediately below you at home after the spit (one position below you H, 2 positions below you A, H, A, etc) as a little boost for the team that's top at the point of the split.