The SPFL recommendation?

The thing wrong with the statement you released is you arent champions, there is still 8 games to go you might be top but you still are NOT champions as the season has not been completed  and even if it is declared the season is over you never completed the season.  its like pulling out the 100m at the 75m point because your in front and declaring yourself the winner.  That statement just screams out desperation.

image.thumb.png.42f336e9a6c021cffa2926c96c245508.png

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Why are Raith bothered about being champions?

I get the promotion thing. I'm in favour of 2 up / 0 down as well but what's the point in naming champions.

It gives no practical or monetary advantage. You'll never get a championship winning game or get to watch the team lift the trophy and nobody will consider it a real championship.

I'd be practical, accept the promotion if it's on the table and don't make being named champions as a red line.

Have you ever played football?

Anyone that's played will feel for those players who'd slogged over 3/4 of a season to win the league and will get no memorable reward.

Two case in point, At the age of 17 Bowie was on course for a medal, some players will play a lifetime and not get that chance but he's being potentially being denied it. On the other hand Davo may be looking for a medal to bow out with and he too would be denied.

If the league is called and a team is at the top and being promoted why shouldn't they be declared champs? 

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Can you explain that?

This on the record explains it better:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5492655/spfl-prize-money/

CLUBS are entitled to a total of £9.3million as the residue of the total yearly distribution amount from the SPFL.

Below are the percentages and amounts that will see them land when the cash is finally paid out.

LEAGUE ONE

Raith Rovers 0.5% £46,500

Falkirk 0.43% £39,990

Airdrie 0.35% £32,550

Montrose 0.34% £31,620

East Fife 0.33% £30,690

Dumbarton 0.32% £29,760

Clyde 0.31% £28,830

Peterhead 0.3% £27,900

Forfar 0.29% £26,970

Stranraer 0.28% £26,040

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How much is each left to get?

i think thats the money they are waiting on for the season being declared over that they wont let go of until the Yes vote goes through.

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

i think thats the money they are waiting on for the season being declared over that they wont let go of until the Yes vote goes through.

I don't think it is. Forfar said theatre expecting about £3k.

Eta, beaten to it.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

11 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

That's also my preference but the amount of folk having sly digs at my club when their own club would do exactly as the Rovers have done is pushing me towards wanting to be announced as champs for the meltdowns. 

Aye. That's fair enough.

I suspect it's a bluff from Raith. They'd take promotion, 1st place prize money and no title.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don't think it is. Forfar said theatre expecting about £3k.

Eta, beaten to it.

That might be what they are left to get from the league placing being the £3k

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

CLUBS are entitled to a total of £9.3million as the residue of the total yearly distribution amount from the SPFL.

Below are the percentages and amounts that will see them land when the cash is finally paid out.

LEAGUE ONE

Falkirk 0.43% £39,990

Airdrie 0.35% £32,550

Montrose 0.34% £31,620

East Fife 0.33% £30,690

Dumbarton 0.32% £29,760

Clyde 0.31% £28,830

Peterhead 0.3% £27,900

Forfar 0.29% £26,970

Stranraer 0.28% £26,040

Thought the forfar boy said he was only due 3k.

No probs with raith getting promoted but champions is a bit much for fecks sake. They'll be getting the opened top bus out next.

9 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Have you ever played football?

Anyone that's played will feel for those players who'd slogged over 3/4 of a season to win the league and will get no memorable reward.

Two case in point, At the age of 17 Bowie was on course for a medal, some players will play a lifetime and not get that chance but he's being potentially being denied it. On the other hand Davo may be looking for a medal to bow out with and he too would be denied.

If the league is called and a team is at the top and being promoted why shouldn't they be declared champs? 

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

It's not sour grapes. I'd be genuinely surprised if this was a line in the sand for Raith. Would they vote no to 2 up / 0 down with no champions declared? I seriously doubt it.

All the stuff you're talking about is basically 'it's generally nice to win a championship'. The season could have been played out normally and Raith might have finished 2nd, so all these guys would still miss out on medals. Nobody would see that as unfair.

It would be totally different if the championship was already mathematically secured. it would be a travesty not to award it in that case. But you all know that is far from being the case.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Thought the forfar boy said he was only due 3k.

No probs with raith getting promoted but champions is a bit much for fecks sake. They'll be getting the opened top bus out next.

Posted above that might be for the league standing (i think someone mentioned that money had been paid out over the course of the season) thats the percentage of the prize pot the League 1 clubs are entitled to.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

That might be what they are left to get from the league placing being the £3k

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-prize-pot-reaches-25m

The link has the annual total for each club/place for 18/19.

The Sun is saying Forfar have more to get than their Chairman said. I know who I believe.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-prize-pot-reaches-25m

The link has the annual total for each club/place for 18/19.

The Sun is saying Forfar have more to get than their Chairman said. I know who I believe.

The sun article does say thats the residue so i guess that means what money is left in the pot to be given out between all the clubs.

9 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Aye. That's fair enough.

I suspect it's a bluff from Raith. They'd take promotion, 1st place prize money and no title.

Agreed.

If you told us that would happen at the beginning of the season every single Rovers supporter would take it. 

League 1 is killing us. We need to be in the Championship at least. 

11 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

LEAGUE ONE

Falkirk 0.43% £39,990

Airdrie 0.35% £32,550

Montrose 0.34% £31,620

East Fife 0.33% £30,690

Dumbarton 0.32% £29,760

Clyde 0.31% £28,830

Peterhead 0.3% £27,900

Forfar 0.29% £26,970

Stranraer 0.28% £26,040

Based on 2018/19

The percentage is the share of the total £25m the league distribute. Forfar get 0.29% is £72500.00 for the season for finishing 9th. This doesn't explain why the sun says they're due £26k but the chairman says it's £3k.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Based on 2018/19

The percentage is the share of the total £25m the league distribute. Forfar get 0.29% is £72500.00 for the season for finishing 9th. This doesn't explain why the sun says they're due £26k but the chairman says it's £3k.

Just confuses the shite out of me this is what the Record has just put on which is at odds unless the one from the sun as i say is additonal money thats left over from the pot (cant even spell Falkirk right)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-prize-money-available-your-21866037

Ladbrokes League 1   

1st - Raith Rovers - £125,000

2nd - Falkrik - £107,500

3rd - Aidrieonians - £87,500

4th - Montrose - £85,000

5th - East Fife - £82,500

6th - Dumbarton - £80,000

7th - Clyde - £77,500

8th - Peterhead - £75,000

9th - Forfar - £72,500

10th - Stranraer - £70,000