The SPFL recommendation?

2 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

We have time. There's weeks of lockdown left to work out the detail. 

Right, so teams have to use this time to get their affairs in order for next season, whenever it starts. Even though some are close to the wall and living hand to mouth.

All the while forgetting about the reality of the pandemic that is affecting their everyday life for them and their families?

But hey, an airdrie fan wants a shot in the playoffs 

5 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Rovers fans utterly desperate to get his rushed through. It's quite a fascinating level of desperation, rarely witness outside the OF.

It's called a different perspective. 

In our case, considering we have lost 1 game against the top 5 all season there really wouldn't be much arse twitching. 

9 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

The same applies to every level. There'll be teams with in the Champions league with players of of contract at the end of the season, and sure as shit that'll get played to a conclusion.

Of course what we need is leadership from the governing body here. I don't see why the season cannot resume mid-June (I expect that's when we'll be out of this lockdown) playing two games a week to mid-July. Start next season at the end of August. Contracts and shit like that can be worked out under these exceptional circumstances. 

The number of out of contract players with teams in the latter stages of the Champions League is nowhere near comparable to the player turnover in your average lower league Scottish side. They also have the financial ability to survive playing games behind closed doors, if necessary, which we don’t. I’m sorry but comparing Scottish League One with the Champions League is an absolutely nonsense comparison.

On your second point, we will just have to agree to disagree. I would be stunned (but absolutely delighted) if we were in a position to be attending football in June/July, I just don’t see that being remotely possible. We are not just going to go back to normal life as soon as lockdown is lifted. It will be phased and mass gatherings such as football will be one of the last things to return and that’s all assuming there isn’t a second peak or any large rise when the restrictions start to be lifted. I think you are being hugely optimistic but I hope you are right.

12 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

The same applies to every level. There'll be teams with in the Champions league with players of of contract at the end of the season, and sure as shit that'll get played to a conclusion.

Of course what we need is leadership from the governing body here. I don't see why the season cannot resume mid-June (I expect that's when we'll be out of this lockdown) playing two games a week to mid-July. Start next season at the end of August. Contracts and shit like that can be worked out under these exceptional circumstances. 

Football will return when life gets back to normal, and normal life is not 8 weeks away. 

7 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Right, so teams have to use this time to get their affairs in order for next season, whenever it starts. Even though some are close to the wall and living hand to mouth.

All the while forgetting about the reality of the pandemic that is affecting their everyday life for them and their families?

But hey, an airdrie fan wants a shot in the playoffs 

Again, it's not about Airdrie. We have a shocking record in the playoff and I don't fancy us to get out of this league. 

I've already said that some prize money should be given out up to the point you could mathematically finish lowest. 

16 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Rovers fans utterly desperate to get his rushed through. It's quite a fascinating level of desperation, rarely witness outside the OF.

You can understand given the inevitable arse collapsing in the league. Call it now before we bottle it.

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Football will return when life gets back to normal, and normal life is not 8 weeks away. 

There will be a change in the lockdown rules in that time frame. At the very least it would allow for closed door matches to be carried out.

Very unsatisfactory, but much fairer than ending it now.

20 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Again I'll reiterate what I've said numerous times on here. All Scottish football is on hold until 10th June, player contracts end 9th June, some may well have signed pre-contracts with other clubs. 

By extending past the 10th then we have a situation that teams like Raith would be unable to field a team as we only have 9 signed players, two are 16 yr old apprentices and one is Lewis Vaughan who fit would rip every team in this league a new one but unfortunately is injured.

Finances by delaying until June maybe even July clubs cant negotiate player contracts as we may be in the Championship or the 1st, season tickets cant be put on sale as there will be a difference in pricing depending on which league we are in. Short term finances need help, that goes for all clubs, prize money needs paid, season tickets need to go on sale and hopefully every club will get through this. 

The season needs to be called promotion and relegation sorted so teams can get back to planning for the start of next season whenever that may  be. 

Close door matches ain't going to happen prior to 10th June also do you not understand that close door games are all very well for Premiership clubs down south that dont need gate money but again your club, my club all rely very heavily on gate receipts.

Edited by raith1974

Is anyone actually believing this p*sh:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18379186.dundee-locked-league-reconstruction-talks---unable-cast-decisive-vote-spfl-resolution/

A Dundee statement read: "Following a weekend of discussion and contemplation, we would like to issue the following statement.

"As we made clear in our statement on Friday afternoon, it is a time for integrity and impartiality within Scottish football. Our view on that has not changed.

"Over the past few days, we have entered into various positive discussions with reconstruction at the forefront of these.

"Given our discussions and considering all aspects, we don’t feel we are in a position to comment further on the resolution that was put forward.

"We understand that this may bring more questions than answers and we will look to give a much more substantial account of the past few days at the conclusion of this process.

"Our supporters should know that we are, as always, looking out for the best interests of both Dundee Football Club and Scottish football as a whole."

3 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

There will be a change in the lockdown rules in that time frame. At the very least it would allow for closed door matches to be carried out.

Very unsatisfactory, but much fairer than ending it now.

As i said earlier the Scottish PFA said early on no to closed door matches. 

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus-pfa-scotland-objects-playing-games-behind-closed-doors-2449022

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Is anyone actually believing this p*sh:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18379186.dundee-locked-league-reconstruction-talks---unable-cast-decisive-vote-spfl-resolution/

A Dundee statement read: "Following a weekend of discussion and contemplation, we would like to issue the following statement.

"As we made clear in our statement on Friday afternoon, it is a time for integrity and impartiality within Scottish football. Our view on that has not changed.

"Over the past few days, we have entered into various positive discussions with reconstruction at the forefront of these.

"Given our discussions and considering all aspects, we don’t feel we are in a position to comment further on the resolution that was put forward.

"We understand that this may bring more questions than answers and we will look to give a much more substantial account of the past few days at the conclusion of this process.

"Our supporters should know that we are, as always, looking out for the best interests of both Dundee Football Club and Scottish football as a whole."

Looks like the zombies and Hearts have clubbed together to offer Dundee a huntastic festival of football at Murrayfield as a season opener 

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

The season needs to be called promotion and relegation sorted so teams can get back to planning for the start of next season whenever that may  be. 

It really doesn't. All clubs are in the same boat and with sensible proposals on contract extensions etc, the season can continue. It's up to the SPFL to hand out a percentage of prize money to allow teams to survive this - then we continue. 

It's quite telling that the only fans here who want the season called are from Rovers,

1 minute ago, pantene proV said:

Looks like the zombies and Hearts have clubbed together to offer Dundee a huntastic festival of football at Murrayfield as a season opener 

I'm not sure if it was here or not but given that Sevco want them to vote no as do hearts, i think the big hitters that Dundee are referring to was Celtic that offered them the preseason friendly sorry money spinner. which is pointless when they are giving up any chance of promotion to end the season as is

6 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

As i said earlier the Scottish PFA said early on no to closed door matches. 

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus-pfa-scotland-objects-playing-games-behind-closed-doors-2449022

Yeah, that's given the restrictions at the time. 

If the restrictions are modified to allow small gatherings of people, then closed door football could commence. It'd be an entirely feasible way of ramping back up to normal life.

Plus I could get a coupon on.... 

It's quite telling that the only fans here who want the season called are from Rovers,

85% of actual clubs, including your own, have already voted to end the season because there is no chance it will finish.

This has been discussed in great detail. You won’t even be out for a pint or a Frankie & Benny’s by June, let alone watching football. The season will not finish. Move on.

1 minute ago, Pesadilla said:

Yeah, that's given the restrictions at the time. 

If the restrictions are modified to allow small gatherings of people, then closed door football could commence. It'd be an entirely feasible way of ramping back up to normal life.

Plus I could get a coupon on.... 

No it's down to health concerns which will still exist, a player playing a contact sport is not the same as you going back to the office the SPFA will still have the same concerns and we'll be lucky to see next season let alone this one.  I tell you what i'll make a gentleman's bet with you that if we're back playing the end of the season in mid June i'll donate £50 to Airdrie's fund and if we're not you can donate £50 to ours.  

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

85% of actual clubs, including your own, have already voted to end the season because there is no chance it will finish.

This has been discussed in great detail. You won’t even be out for a pint or a Frankie & Benny’s by June, let alone watching football. The season will not finish. Move on.

I said fans mate, not clubs.

I completely disagree with the way my club voted, as will many fans of many clubs throughout the leagues. The rumours of coercion and bribery make it even more distasteful.

I don't live near a Frankie and Benny's so will take your word on that, however I'd wager I'll be in my local before then.