The SPFL recommendation?

And I can guarantee the SPFL will find a lawyer or lawyers who view that that have done everything correct. Just because it doesn't say what the position is with a no vote doesn't mean the rules are flawed assuming that all parties in the vote where in agreement that a "no" vote would be allowed to be changed. I think that would be a very difficult argument to win.

Anyway aside from this the Courts aren't even open and won't be for some period of time. Only emergency cases are being seen to. If there is some legal challenge going to be launched they'll have some wait and that will help nobody, in particular the clubs in the lower leagues who need the funds. All that for the extremely unlikely outcome of the vote being declared null and void?

So surely the best thing to do is find a way to release the money, for everyone to take a deep breath and then take the time to rationally discuss all possible outcomes. Rather than try and push through a vote on the Friday, having submitted a 120 odd page document on the Wednesday then supplementing it with some potentially incorrect statements - stretched truths at the very least, while following a clearly flawed process?

As an Airdrie fan I don’t feel I (we) have any real skin in the game here (I’d be surprised if those in the playoffs are considered after all) but from the start to where we all are now it’s been an absolute shambles. Anyone can surely see that to try and push through an outcome that relegates a team when they have a game in hand and are two points behind is absolutely ludicrous.

I get people are emotionally caught up here, but everyone should remove any bias that comes with being eg a Raith fan or old firm fan (not directed at any individual) and recognise this for what it is. An absolute farce.

1 minute ago, Airdrie76 said:

So surely the best thing to do is find a way to release the money, for everyone to take a deep breath and then take the time to rationally discuss all possible outcomes. Rather than try and push through a vote on the Friday, having submitted a 120 odd page document on the Wednesday and supplemented it with some potentially incorrect statements, while following a clearly flawed process?
As an Airdrie fan I don’t feel I (we) have any real skin in the game here (I’d be surprised if those in the playoffs are considered after all)!but from the start to where we all are now it’s been an absolute shambles. And to try and push through an outcome that relegates a team when they have a game in hand and are two points behind is absolutely ludicrous.
I get people are emotionally caught up here, but everyone should remove any bias that comes with being eg a Raith fan or old firm fan (not directed at any individual) and recognise this for what it is. An absolute farce.

Spot on.

You couldnt make this shit up, so Dundee about to do a U turn on the understanding they have "lucrative friendlies" against premiership sides which they probably mean Celtic, given the fact they were in a play off spot which they have sold their soul to the devil for they might have actually got promoted and got their games against the OF in the first place.

Particks legal team saying the no vote should still count, given the fact again back to the "lucrative friendlies" was used as an incentive (talk about blatant bribery here).

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/lee-wilkie-dundee-fc-spfl-vote/

The bit of sense he says in this the whole vote should be null and void now.

oh and how the f**k can Doncaster earn 388k a year thats probably more than the amount the league 1 and 2 teams had left from their prize money to collect.

1 hour ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Largely it has been consistent, but yes there has then been subsequent shifting of positions.  Some under-estimated, some over-estimated.  As for stats, again true they don't include cases not admitted to hospital.  However the hospital figures are accurate.  Bearing in mind we're still in "pre-lockdown" lag, the percentage figures of Scotland's population as at 13th April for hospital admissions was confirmed cases 1.1%, deaths, 0.0001%  Sadly of course this would be expected to continue in the short term.

The key has always been safeguarding those deemed "vulnerable".  A second wave in itself wouldn't be the problem, it would depend on those in most danger continuing to observe the restrictions for their own safety, and the rest of us observing social distancing from them as we are now.  I agree it was always going to be a gradual process of lifting restrictions.  Putting all that to one side though.

At the start of March it was obvious the season would not finish before the end of June.  So if it was impossible to get round the contract issue, what would then have been complicated about having to accept that, league's over, pay out the prize shares.....what exactly were they waiting for, what is there to negotiate ?

Our now ex CME,s  advice was,to stay  at home,no unneccessary travel only for her to travel to her holiday home not once but twice 😂 😉

There are many who aren,t  observing the social distancing now which will only increase when restructions are eased

If you want up to date stats

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

Anyway,bottom line is this season ain,t resuming.How they SPFL/clubs deal with it feck knows

You couldnt make this shit up, so Dundee about to do a U turn on the understanding they have "lucrative friendlies" against premiership sides which they probably mean Celtic, given the fact they were in a play off spot which they have sold their soul to the devil for they might have actually got promoted and got their games against the OF in the first place.
Particks legal team saying the no vote should still count, given the fact again back to the "lucrative friendlies" was used as an incentive (talk about blatant bribery here).
oh and how the f**k can Doncaster earn 388k a year thats probably more than the amount the league 1 and 2 teams had left from their prize money to collect.
Do you really think that if the vote was voided the same proposal wouldn't come back straight away with the same result?

3 minutes ago, true_rover said:
5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Do you really think that if the vote was voided the same proposal wouldn't come back straight away with the same result?

tbh nothing the SPFL do surprises me any longer and i do think yoru right they would null and void the vote and put the same proposition

to add a couple of friendlies with premiership opposition for a sweetener i mean talk about lack of ambition, i sincerely hope they get a shite turn out for those friendlies

Edited by AL-FFC

Just now, true_rover said:
2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I think what he's saying is null and void then have a decent in depth discussion on this before another vote. The clubs have had a 105 page proposal flung on them on a wed and had 48 hrs basically to discuss properly with their own club and then vote. As the aberdeen chairman said that's ridiculous given how important the effects of this vote are for some clubs.

31 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

As an Airdrie fan I don’t feel I (we) have any real skin in the game here 

Don't really agree with this part of your statement. Leagues have been won by teams, including ourselves, from further back than 5 points with 8 to go. From a morale point of view, a vote for the resolution is a boot in the stones to the players and management team who surely, and rightly, would still have one eye on the title even if we were rank outsiders.

This is the reason the vote result absolutely baffles me. Many clubs clearly don't share the fans optimism or ambition, though I do get that many are on survival mode.

What I do think stinks though, is the rumours going round that ourselves and Falkirk were pressured into voting yes and Dundee will change their vote for supposed 'glamour' friendlies.

It's an absolute shambles and I'd much prefer to see the season out whenever possible even if it means delaying the start of next season/cancelling the Mickey Mouse cup etc etc.

3 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Don't really agree with this part of your statement. Leagues have been won by teams, including ourselves, from further back than 5 points with 8 to go. From a morale point of view, a vote for the resolution is a boot in the stones to the players and management team who surely, and rightly, would still have one eye on the title even if we were rank outsiders.

This is the reason the vote result absolutely baffles me. Many clubs clearly don't share the fans optimism or ambition, though I do get that many are on survival mode.

What I do think stinks though, is the rumours going round that ourselves and Falkirk were pressured into voting yes and Dundee will change their vote for supposed 'glamour' friendlies.

It's an absolute shambles and I'd much prefer to see the season out whenever possible even if it means delaying the start of next season/cancelling the Mickey Mouse cup etc etc.

So, more self-interest?

You wont be this close to winning the league for years so you are obviously wanting what's best for you just like every other club. Yet the NO voters have the moral high ground for some reason 

5 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

Absolutely embarrassing meltdown from Al-ffc and shadwell dog here emoji1787.png

Meltdown. No me it's good debate. Something you need when your stuck in the house.  Very few arguing now to be honest we're all now as one against the tits at the spfl.

1 minute ago, pantene proV said:

So, more self-interest?

You wont be this close to winning the league for years so you are obviously wanting what's best for you just like every other club. Yet the NO voters have the moral high ground for some reason 

It's not self interest to see out the season. I've already said, we're massive outsiders. 

Season ticket holders have every right to expect those to be honoured. Sponsors would expect the same.  The fairest and most equitable thing to do is see out the season. Teams should be able to apply for an advance on their prize money up to the lowest point they could mathematically finish in their league campaign.

I understand you want it called now for your own clubs gain, but you must agree that seeing it out is the fairest thing to do?

10 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

Absolutely embarrassing meltdown from Al-ffc and shadwell dog here emoji1787.png

Fail to see where according to you I'm having a meltdown and i dare say i am saying what a good few other folk are thinking.  I'm as fucked off with the shambles as the next supporter.