The SPFL recommendation?

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Well yes all 42 will have to give a small proportion to fund clubs 43 and 44.  

During the Airdrie/Gretna/ others election it wasn't that unusual for club Chairmen to ask if they could vote for no-one and split the prize money between fewer teams. Even though it meant losing games. That seemed strange to me, but they obviously had issues with each candidate. Airdrie shouldn't be allowed back and the rest didn't look that attractive.

2 hours ago, expatowner said:

To me it seems a pretty “vanilla” criticism of the fans, but it’s obviously upset quite a few. Thanks for the background.

It was more a long term build up of statements like these and a track record of low level ineptness to be honest. He’s not the anti-christ and doesn’t deserve to vilified and was at least a genuine Rovers supporter, but over his last two season here his performance left a lot to be desired and was clearly detrimental to the club. Locke appointment, Bates transfer and the whole goalkeeper fiasco being the highlights. 

For me he was symptomatic of the general grumpiness towards fans and lack of communication that typified the club at the time. This has changed completely in the last two years and we have a club who now recognise and appreciate the positive contribution fans can make. That’s a huge plus.

On the current situation, given what we’ve learned the last couple of days, it looks like it’s the Dundee owner is the one fucking about and Drysdale is just caught in the crossfire. 

Can't understand what the "beaks" that run our game find so complicated.   Seen nothing to suggest that in Scotland specifically the season can't restart on June 10th.  8 games left and account for further play offs, set a target date end of July for season to finish.  Easily done when including midweek matches, the players will certainly be fresh enough to handle it.

Following season starts early / mid September, maybe even late August - again the players have had plenty rest recently.  Scrap the Challenge cup, revert the League Cup to playoff from the start, proceed as normal in existing league set up.  A few early midweeks in schedule to play catch up.  No reconstruction required.

Meantime, release a 50% - 70% advance of the prize money to all teams, balance paid on the season ending adjusted to reflect actual finishing position.  What's difficult about any of that ?

2 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Can't understand what the "beaks" that run our game find so complicated.   Seen nothing to suggest that in Scotland specifically the season can't restart on June 10th.  8 games left and account for further play offs, set a target date end of July for season to finish.  Easily done when including midweek matches, the players will certainly be fresh enough to handle it.

Following season starts early / mid September, maybe even late August - again the players have had plenty rest recently.  Scrap the Challenge cup, revert the League Cup to playoff from the start, proceed as normal in existing league set up.  A few early midweeks in schedule to play catch up.  No reconstruction required.

Meantime, release a 50% - 70% advance of the prize money to all teams, balance paid on the season ending adjusted to reflect actual finishing position.  What's difficult about any of that ?

The notion of football being in a position to resume on June 10th might just be a little bit problematic. 

4 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

I thought player contacts ended on  30 June.

The lockdown is likely to continue into May. Mass gatherings like football where it is impossible to social distance will be the last thing to be brought back.

Player contracts are also up in June. I don't think there is any chance of this season being finished.

The teams have all had most of the prize money. The remaining amount, still to be issued, is decided by league standings which the SPFL can't pay out on until the season is concluded.

What is this madness that’s got some posters still clinging onto the notion that we’ll see football this side of summer. The reality is it’ll be Autumn or beyond before you see a ball kicked in earnest. And even then we’re likely to experience ongoing disruption. This is going to run and run.

34 minutes ago, George Parr said:

What is this madness that’s got some posters still clinging onto the notion that we’ll see football this side of summer. The reality is it’ll be Autumn or beyond before you see a ball kicked in earnest. And even then we’re likely to experience ongoing disruption. This is going to run and run.

Main questio could be whether we actually have a 20/21 season at all. Could be nearer the end of the year before football with spectators is back on.

Oh for fucks sake.

Have you watched the news at any point in the last month?

6 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Oh for fucks sake.

Have you watched the news at any point in the last month?

I haven't no.  What I have been doing for a couple of months is listening to the medical experts' advice on this which has been consistent from day one.  I'm also looking at Scotland's statistics as at yesterday's date.  Do you know what they are ?

1 hour ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Well turn on the TV.

You think it is fair for players to come back after 3 months without any training and play 8 games in a month starting on June 10th? Also, what players will this involve, given the majority in lower leagues are out of contract?

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

5 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Well turn on the TV.

You think it is fair for players to come back after 3 months without any training and play 8 games in a month starting on June 10th? Also, what players will this involve, given the majority in lower leagues are out of contract?

I've already replied about tv.  If the date of May 25th is indeed what appears to be the one getting touted as the restrictions being lifted generally, that will give players 2 - 3 weeks to train.  As for the contracts, so in these absolutely unique circumstances, it's outwith everyone involved to put forward a practical solution is it ?  Doubt that.

10 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

I haven't no.  What I have been doing for a couple of months is listening to the medical experts' advice on this which has been consistent from day one.  I'm also looking at Scotland's statistics as at yesterday's date.  Do you know what they are ?

About 48 hours lagging.

3 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

I've already replied about tv.  If the date of May 25th is indeed what appears to be the one getting touted as the restrictions being lifted generally, that will give players 2 - 3 weeks to train.  As for the contracts, so in these absolutely unique circumstances, it's outwith everyone involved to put forward a practical solution is it ?  Doubt that.

You were the one who claimed it wasn't complicated. So how would you sort the contract issue?

1 minute ago, BrigtonClyde said:

June 10th is where the model suggests death rates drop to 0, assuming a loosening of lockdown two weeks prior to that, it still doesn't follow that football will he allowed back on by then. Players may be allowed to train at that point (and given their enforced time off is longer than a standard pre season, they will need more than a couple of weeks to get back up to speed) but we wont be allowed to play in front of crowds on June 10th and while the elite leagues in Europe can cope with closed door games, the whole root of this issue has been that Scottish clubs need gate income to keep going. So playing the games at cost, with no income is not going to be a welcome suggestion.

3 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Do you really think after 2/3 weeks of ending the lockdown that they are going to allow mass gatherings again?

It’s estimated that less than 10% of us have had, or have, CV19.

How do you anticipate we will manage this for the majority of the population that have not had this come 10th June?…

Note that this includes players.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s estimated that less than 10% of us have had, or have, CV19.

How do you anticipate we will manage this for the majority of the population that have not had this come 10th June?…

Note that this includes players.

Bring back paul Hartley's side. They'd be fine as they never got nearer than 2m away from an opponent.