The SPFL recommendation?

8 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

They also cost a hell of a lot and they'll be advised of the likelihood of success before anything is undertaken. You can't just make a challenge based on absolutely nothing as that'll be thrown out immediately. There has to be a legal basis. Clubs may not like the decision but as I said if it's within the league's own rules then that's that.

I may be wrong but because of the way this vote has been handled I just cant see this whole thing disappearing into history after a dundee vote. I think it'll run and run now.

56 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

This one here

To give some context, the premature information was Gary Locke speaking to the Daily Record. He utterly shits on the fans for not going with the cheap prices without acknowledging we'd not won a game since October. The cherry on top of the cake was that our hospitality for our Hearts game was based on a package including a Q&A with Hearts legends Gary Locke (0 wins since October) and Rudi Skacel (0 goals for Raith) - ultimately they ended up having to cancel the event due to a lack of uptake. 

I'd forgotten what an absolute belter of a statement that was. 

Undisclosed fee for Bates. 

Iain Cathro's high flying Jambos. 

Incredible. 

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

12th in the Premiership gets double what 1st in the Championship gets - this would be too much of a drop-off within a league.

No it wouldn’t - they have the opportunity to finish higher up than 13/14 - how on earth do you think the clubs out with the premier will vote to give up some of their share to boost those payments?  Nil points would be the vote for that I suspect - it is not just within the Premier or Boards gift.  The advantage as I have already said is that being in the Premier boosts your gate money and you have access to UEFA solidarity payments if any 

According to the Daily Record (I know, I know), John Nelms is proposing that the prize money Rovers and Dundee United would receive, if they are declared league winners, should be slashed and given to Hearts and Partick Thistle to compensate for them being relegated. 

This appears to be one of the caveats for Dundee changing their vote. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

1 minute ago, AFC1878 said:

Whether there is any grounds for a legal challenge or not, the one thing I would like to see come out of this is the removal of Doncaster and co. I think most folk would settle for that.

I'm not sure I would exactly settle for that, but it would be a good start. 

According to the Daily Record (I know, I know), John Nelms is proposing that the prize money Rovers and Dundee United would receive, if they are declared league winners, should be slashed and given to Hearts and Partick Thistle to compensate for them being relegated. 
This appears to be one of the caveats for Dundee changing their vote. 

This would require a new vote, not a change of vote.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This would require a new vote, not a change of vote.

Maybe that's his plan. For some reason I think he wants to set out his own proposal.

Looking unlikely though. I guess we'll find out soon*?

*well the next 24 days or so...

Can't believe you're still going on about this. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Anyway... East Fife's 'No' vote is based purely on the wacky notion that they might have a chance in the playoffs. Their supporters on here are desperate to keep the Rovers in their league to guarantee two sellouts per season which will sustain their club for another while. 
The quicker Dundee put us out of our misery one way or another, the better. It might put an end to the ill-thought out musings of some of the dings on this thread. 

Ok, I will bite.

If Raith were in any other position rather than top at the moment, there would be absolutely no way that they would accept the SPFL proposal. We still have a chance of making the play offs, so why should we vote yes? In fact I’m actually quite surprised that Airdrie and Montrose voted in favour of the proposal when they are in a similar position to ourselves.

I really don’t care who wins the league be it Raith or Falkirk. 2 clubs who are desperate to get back into the Championship, and that neither side can really afford another season (whenever that will be) still in League 1.

We still have a chance of making the play offs, so why should we vote yes?.

Because the season is over. There’s a global health pandemic and 1000+ are dying every single day in the country. The play-offs will not happen. There will be no more football played.

No it wouldn’t - they have the opportunity to finish higher up than 13/14 - how on earth do you think the clubs out with the premier will vote to give up some of their share to boost those payments?  Nil points would be the vote for that I suspect - it is not just within the Premier or Boards gift.  The advantage as I have already said is that being in the Premier boosts your gate money and you have access to UEFA solidarity payments if any 
I can't see the likes of Hamilton or St Mirren voting in favour of increasing the top flight.

Finish bottom just now and you get over £1 million finish bottom of a 14 team league and you would get less than half of that.

4 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Ok, I will bite.

If Raith were in any other position rather than top at the moment, there would be absolutely no way that they would accept the SPFL proposal. We still have a chance of making the play offs, so why should we vote yes? In fact I’m actually quite surprised that Airdrie and Montrose voted in favour of the proposal when they are in a similar position to ourselves.

I really don’t care who wins the league be it Raith or Falkirk. 2 clubs who are desperate to get back into the Championship, and that neither side can really afford another season (whenever that will be) still in League 1.

The vote was 30-odd to about 6 or 7, why would Rovers vote No if they weren’t top? The only teams who voted no either wanted to save themselves from relegation, would benefit from a 2up/no down reconstruction or wanted to stick it to their biggest rival which are all perfectly legitimate reasons but in no way suggest a No vote from Rovers in the event of them being say 3rd or 4th 

6 minutes ago, Paco said:

Because the season is over. There’s a global health pandemic and 1000+ are dying every single day in the country. The play-offs will not happen. There will be no more football played.

It's crazy that some people genuinely think that the season can or will finish.

Ok, I will bite.

I’d agree with this. I’m sure we had genuine reason to - but it’s not been announced yet from what I’ve seen. It would be nice to get clarity.
So obviously for fans outside looking in it seems strange however it’s actually tough to see any ‘fair’ way to do things. Leagues of 14 might be a suggestion but you have a kind of demotion (is it relegation when 4 leagues become 3?) with that and you really need to try and include Kelty and Brora so it’s hard.
Distributing the money and taking time to hold proper discussions would seem the most sensible thing for me (and I don’t believe for a minute that the league couldn’t make that happen to some extent). However I’m enjoying the ramblings of the Raith chairman in the meantime. He seems to be protesting a little too hard at all of this.

On 13/04/2020 at 10:02, Shadwell Dog said:

You'd wonder why dumbarton would allow their  manager to publicly state a totally different viewpoint than them. Whose in charge at dumbarton if anyone?

It's perfectly reasonable for grown adults to express different opinions. In this case Jim seemed to have forgotten that all staff and players at the club have accepted a 50% salary reduction. He also forgot that the club are literally begging fans to contribute to a £25k fighting fund to avoid extinction. Against that backdrop it would have been bewildering for the club's custodians to turn down potential early access to end of season prize money.  

I suppose you'll draw your own conclusions but from where I'm sitting every single club in Scottish football either has, or will, vote in their own self-interest, without a fleeting thought for 'sporting integrity' or any other woolly concept.

I’d agree with this. I’m sure we had genuine reason to - but it’s not been announced yet from what I’ve seen. It would be nice to get clarity.
So obviously for fans outside looking in it seems strange however it’s actually tough to see any ‘fair’ way to do things. Leagues of 14 might be a suggestion but you have a kind of demotion (is it relegation when 4 leagues become 3?) with that and you really need to try and include Kelty and Brora so it’s hard.
Distributing the money and taking time to hold proper discussions would seem the most sensible thing for me (and I don’t believe for a minute that the league couldn’t make that happen to some extent). However I’m enjoying the ramblings of the Raith chairman in the meantime. He seems to be protesting a little too hard at all of this.
For Clyde, Forfar and Peterhead it very much would be a relegation if we go to leagues of 14 as we would both be back in the bottom tier and only one relegation away from the Lowland or Highland league instead of two as thinks currently stand.

Stranraer are bottom of league 1 at the moment and would be playing the 10 teams in league 2 if relegated.

Clyde who are 7th and not in a relegation place would be playing the 10 teams in league 2 if we go to leagues of 14.

Cove also get shafted if we go to leagues of 14.