The SPFL recommendation?

2 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

Its hard to believe some of the comments on here. 

Its bizarre some of the fans of other clubs think its fair to relegate teams with games in hand and 9 games left.  I wouldn't to do that to another team. Another resolution should be found. Well done East Fife and Falkirk. 

On top of that brechin survive and nobody up from non league.  You couldnae write it. Corruption of the highest order.

Are you not contradicting yourself there? You say it’s unfair to relegate teams with games in hand (I assume you mean Partick Thistle and Stranraer) yet you complain that Brechin survive when they are actually closer to 9th place than Stranraer?

Cove, Dundee United and Celtic have all but won their leagues and should be rewarded as such. There is no doubt League One is very different and we may be beneficiaries of the situation but you have to do the same for all leagues. However, I have trouble relegating teams such as Partick and Hearts who have a reasonable chance of survival.

2 up and no relegation is the fairest (or least unfair) option for me. I don’t think null and voiding 75% of the season is a fair option. I also don’t buy into leagues of 16 or 18 or whatever just to please everyone because the current season has been cut short. If that sort of reconstruction is the long term solution then fine but we shouldn’t be changing for the sake of it. I think 14, 10, 10, 10 could work as a positive, permanent change.

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

Cove, Dundee United and Celtic have all but won their leagues and should be rewarded as such.

So if you admit that the haven't won their league, why should they be rewarded with promotion? (Well not Celtic obviously)

7 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Are you not contradicting yourself there? You say it’s unfair to relegate teams with games in hand (I assume you mean Partick Thistle and Stranraer) yet you complain that Brechin survive when they are actually closer to 9th place than Stranraer?

Cove, Dundee United and Celtic have all but won their leagues and should be rewarded as such. There is no doubt League One is very different and we may be beneficiaries of the situation but you have to do the same for all leagues. However, I have trouble relegating teams such as Partick and Hearts who have a reasonable chance of survival.

2 up and no relegation is the fairest (or least unfair) option for me. I don’t think null and voiding 75% of the season is a fair option. I also don’t buy into leagues of 16 or 18 or whatever just to please everyone because the current season has been cut short. If that sort of reconstruction is the long term solution then fine but we shouldn’t be changing for the sake of it. I think 14, 10, 10, 10 could work as a positive, permanent change.

Aye but with a fourteen team top league you just know that ten teams are going to sign away their membership of the SPFL to form their own breakaway division to pursue they own rights and here the circle is comple welcome back the EssPeeHell

8 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Celtic have all but won the league for at least the next 5 seasons, probably more. . I’d just scrap the Premier League as it’s not a competition as only one team can win it. It’s the most pointless league in the world.

That way there are 12 less teams and we can just split the money between the rest  of us.

We all happy with that ??

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

So if you admit that the haven't won their league, why should they be rewarded with promotion? (Well not Celtic obviously)

I don’t think any solution is going be ‘fair’ but I believe taking the view that teams who are 13-14 points clear with 8 games remaining have done enough to win promotion is fairer than writing off the previous 28 games and starting from scratch. I couldn’t really care less about titles but promotion should be awarded although they go hand in hand.

I say that as someone who ranks Liverpool and Celtic amongst my 2 most disliked clubs, I don’t think null and void is a fair option where there is a such a gap. If every league was like League One I actually wouldn’t have a problem with it as long as the money could be shared. I’d be disappointed, sure, but the most important thing is club survival. However, I do believe in 3 of the leagues that the teams top of the league have done enough to be rewarded for it. I’m sure your view would be different if your team were in Dundee United’s position but your current view is understandable given the circumstances.

6 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Is it not obvious I'm saying that if we're to go down then it would be strange that other teams were getting off with it.

I also think the teams at the top should be given promotion in some sort of reconstruction whatever that might be.

Stranraer if they win game in hand would be 5 points behind with 8 games left. That's not much. We have 6 games at home and players were coming back from injury so there is every chance we could have put pressure on Forfar who have been pretty pants as well. 

Still think its bizarre to want a team relegated by voting. Sorry I wouldn't want raith relegated by voting anyway considering my dad was born in Kirkcaldy. I might want Queen of the South..😂😂😂

Promote the top 2 teams in every league, demote no teams, move teams up from the Highland / Lowland league, and give Celtic the title.
Everyones a winner!
If the Rangers don’t like it, tough titty, they are 13 points a drift.

But Dundee are only 4 points behind 2nd place Inverness in the Championship. We’re only 4 points behind 2nd place Falkirk in League 1.

I’m genuinely not bothered about us going up but you get the point.

Guest SJP79
53 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly fecks sake.🤣🤣🤣

55 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What value could they possibly add?

Bit harsh on old Roughie that.

20 minutes ago, monthe blues said:

Why should you be promoted, you have won f -all ,the season has been abandoned , 

No you are so wrong. The league has not been abandoned, its currently suspended.  Clubs are/were voting to basically agree to end the season now, not abandon it. Calling the season now means season ended and league positions stand resulting in promotion and relegation. 

What we have won this season is more points than any other club, meaning we are top and deserve, just like Dundee Utd and Cove to be promoted. 

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Can we all stop talking about null and void as if we're going to send some wee guy round to erase all evidence this season ever existed?

What N&V means, in practice, is that the season is called to an end, payments are made either on final positions or league average, there is no promotion, no relegation, no play-offs and no championships handed out. Next season would start with the same teams in the same leagues.

That would be good though!

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

No you are so wrong. The league has not been abandoned, its currently suspended.  Clubs are/were voting to basically agree to end the season now, not abandon it. Calling the season now means season ended and league positions stand resulting in promotion and relegation. 

What we have won this season is more points than any other club, meaning we are top and deserve, just like Dundee Utd and Cove to be promoted. 

call it what you like ,We all know the season is abandoned ,it will not be finished, ,So if not finished ,no matter how they dress it up 

it is abandoned

12 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

But Dundee are only 4 points behind 2nd place Inverness in the Championship. We’re only 4 points behind 2nd place Falkirk in League 1.

I’m genuinely not bothered about us going up but you get the point.

I see your point, but this is the easiest and probably fairest solution and the “what if” contingent will be gutted but these are special times. 

I do believe in 3 of the leagues that the teams top of the league have done enough to be rewarded for it.

But they haven't. They have not won anything mathematically. 

I will give you an example, 

Arsenal had an 8 point lead over Man United in March 2003. Man United won the league by 5 points.

A 13 point swing.

your current view is understandable given the circumstances.

You clearly have no idea of my current view. I will respond by giving you my thoughts on your current view;

If Cove and United get promoted because they 'deserve' it then it leaves the league no option but to promote you and if others get relegated it would be a case of " oh dear, how sad, nevermind".

25 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

Is it not obvious I'm saying that if we're to go down then it would be strange that other teams were getting off with it.

I also think the teams at the top should be given promotion in some sort of reconstruction whatever that might be.

Stranraer if they win game in hand would be 5 points behind with 8 games left. That's not much. We have 6 games at home and players were coming back from injury so there is every chance we could have put pressure on Forfar who have been pretty pants as well. 

Still think its bizarre to want a team relegated by voting. Sorry I wouldn't want raith relegated by voting anyway considering my dad was born in Kirkcaldy. I might want Queen of the South..😂😂😂

Please correct me if I'm wrong, is it not 16 league matches since you won a game? And you have picked up 6 points in those 15 games since?

So the 'if' you won your game in hand is a monumental 'if'. Then to make up the other 5 points on top of that given it took you 15 games to pick up 6 points would be incredible. To describe that as 'not much' is either delusional or deliberately misleading.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

14 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

By clubs voting , dose this not mean they have agreed to an unagreed rule change ? which dismisses your point ? 

Just now, SJP79 said:

No team will be getting relegated, it will be restructured.

This will need a 11-1 Premier league vote in favour. I just can't see it.

What is more likely is the season is ended now, with trophies and money handed out and no relegation or promotion. Technically not null and voiding it but concluding it.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

But they haven't. They have not won anything mathematically. 

I will give you an example, 

Arsenal had an 8 point lead over Man United in March 2003. Man United won the league by 5 points.

A 13 point swing.

You clearly have no idea of my current view. I will respond by giving you my thoughts on your current view;

If Cove and United get promoted because they 'deserve' it then it leaves the league no option but to promote you and if others get relegated it would be a case of " oh dear, how sad, nevermind".

The fact you have had to go back to 17 years to find an example and it is only 13 point swing (over 10 games) which would still leave United top and the two other leagues level on points doesn’t really give you as strong an argument as you think.

I’ve already said I don’t agree with 1 up, 1 down in the current situation. I think the least unfair is 2 up and no relegation.

We just have to agree to disagree. I find it impossible to believe you would think the same if your club was in Dundee United’s shoes but I understand your position given who you support. 

Just now, Diamonds are Forever said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, is it not 16 league matches since you won a game? And you have picked up 6 points in those 15 games since?

So the 'if' you won your game in hand is a monumental 'if'. Then to make up the other 5 points on top of that given it took you 15 games to pick up your last 5 points would be incredible. To describe that as 'not much' is either delusional or deliberately misleading.

Lol. 5 points is nothing. You are absolutely right we have been pants but have you been at all the stranraer matches. Obviously no. So you are basically saying just because our results have been poor fir 27 games we couldn't suddenly pic up some good results. Wow. I have been watching football a long time. Things change and Stranraer sides have done this sort of thing before. We actually won a league in 1998 from second bottom we won 12 out of 14 to take the title. Obviously this is a poorer side but to right off a teams chance to survive is bizarre. If you are playing golf and your 6 down with 7 to play. You don't walk in. You fight until its over.