The SPFL recommendation?

6 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

Scott,I’m sure east Fife received approx £57,000 last year,read that a few times,that’s some difference 

According to the For far chairman on the radio yesterday, he says they were due a cheque for 3.7k the rest has been paid up in instalments at various trigger points throughout the season.

25 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I don’t think its far away, I’ve got much the same figures

Hes virtually bang on the money Bantabairn

There should have been a ? on my previous posts.Was merely trying to point out that sirscottyoungs figures were incorrect

I can’t be bothered wading through all the posts on here but I see that we voted against the SPFL plan.

I can see why we did it, we are in a very healthy league position and have a decent chance of making the play offs. However, I can’t see how the league is going to finish with no football to be played anytime soon. I know people have put forward their ideas and plans, but it’s a bit pointless until we are back to some sort of ‘normality’ again.

No matter what the outcome, some clubs aren’t going to be happy and we will just have to suck it up and move on. I’m not bothered if Raith go up and Partick come down. Is it fair? Probably not, but it’s the way it goes and we are all in the same boat.

Apologies for repeating this, I mentioned it in the wrong thread earlier.
some of you will have read about what happened in Chile?
Due to social unrest, their league was stopped at a similar stage to ours.
Their equivalent SFA fell out big time after a similar solution to what has happened in Scotland.
So they changed it and promoted the top 2 teams of each league. Nobody got demoted.
Their top team in the top league was given the title, fairly enough, as they had a 13 point lead! So the twa cheeks o the arse should accept this, well the blue cheek should!
Scottish football needs a shake up. Stop copying England, shut down Junior football and add the teams into the Highland / Lowland leagues (making more leagues). One governing body, with less dominance from the twa cheeks.
Make each league bigger by 2 teams?
Maybe not ideal, but would stop the bitterness?
It's be the best solution imo but league reconstruction requires a 11-1 majority in the premiership which will be a challenge. f**k knows what happens next if this vote does eventually fail.

So many bitter Falkirk inbreds on here. You had your chance and blew it

Tbh, reading the majority of your anti Falkirk posts it’s you that comes across as an inbred.
Personally, I don’t mind a Raith going up, and don’t believe Partick would be a bigger challenge as they’d need to rebuild.
I certainly don’t see any value in null and void.
The real issue to me is that we have a history of being shafted by the football authorities and we are in a situation that we have not had the chance to play our remaining home fixture against you.
I’ve said many times, 2 up for this season and no relegation. Then three down and one up next season to rebalance things.
Not looking likely though....

21 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Does that mean Raith get deducted 10 points so we go up instead?…emoji16.png

You would like to think so but they have said if any club goes into administration they will waive the ten point deduction.

Can I ask , if the league was to finish now am I correct in thinking 1 promoted and 1(us) relegated with no play offs ? If thats is the case why have so many clubs voted to end the league now . Surely it’s not possible to say no more league games but we can have many play offs games , so I’m confused as to why the three teams in our league that are in the play off positions would vote to end season with no chance of promotion...

1 minute ago, kvz2000 said:

Can I ask , if the league was to finish now am I correct in thinking 1 promoted and 1(us) relegated with no play offs ? If thats is the case why have so many clubs voted to end the league now . Surely it’s not possible to say no more league games but we can have many play offs games , so I’m confused as to why the three teams in our league that are in the play off positions would vote to end season with no chance of promotion...

They get the remainder of the money, apparently there are clubs struggling and need the pay out of cash to see them through, the spfl rules state they can only pay the money at the conclusion of the season so it was say the seasons over and you get your money or if you say it isn’t your not getting any financial help or the prize money. The clubs that voted yes were trying to help the clubs that needed the cash so the prize money could be released.

3 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Because there is absolutely no chance of playing out any of the remaining league games never mind play off games. Reconstruction is the only chance of promotion for teams in the play off positions and it sounds like that can't be looked at until this league season is finished.

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

They get the remainder of the money, apparently there are clubs struggling and need the pay out of cash to see them through, the spfl rules state they can only pay the money at the conclusion of the season so it was say the seasons over and you get your money or if you say it isn’t your not getting any financial help or the prize money. The clubs that voted yes were trying to help the clubs that needed the cash so the prize money could be released.

Okay , but it is not right that a vote is put that threatens a delay in getting your money to force clubs to vote the way the Bosses want , no wonder people are asking for suspensions as we are told that the league bosses CAN give out money( loans ) now to help any club in fear of administration. What a shambles and I’m disappointed that clubs have fell for this con 

40 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Okay , but it is not right that a vote is put that threatens a delay in getting your money to force clubs to vote the way the Bosses want , no wonder people are asking for suspensions as we are told that the league bosses CAN give out money( loans ) now to help any club in fear of administration. What a shambles and I’m disappointed that clubs have fell for this con 

That’s what rangers gripe is clubs were apparently being bullied into voting the way the spfl wanted, rangers suggested loan clubs the money till the season is called but this plan was also rejected. The only option on the table was call the season to a close and receive your prize money if you don’t no prize money. The vote and prize money should never have been hand in hand same as there was no concrete proposal of reconstruction they said might have talks on reconstruction but the premiership are not open to this though Doncaster has suggested adding a couple of teams to the leagues in this case Brora and Kelty.

Yes that’s a fair point. If people are choosing to use that additional income to pay footballers wages it’s entirely up to them.
Like I said, I don’t agree with it, only my opinion, but if Mill reaches the target of £50k, he’s played a blinder.

Bit of a bizarre thing to get yourself in a tizzy about.

I’m not sure what you think has gone on here but the famous Andy Mill isn’t a snake oil salesman. He’s not been on social media or knocking on people’s doors begging, or even asking, for anybody to give the club money.

Some supporters realised early on that the club could potentially be in trouble if they had no income for months. They asked the club how they could donate.

Andy Mill as supporters representative on the board was tasked with setting up a just giving page which he did.
There was no pleading from him for anyone to donate and I can’t even remember if he gave any interviews about it.

If you watch any of the interviews with the chairman on our website you’ll see that he always states numerous times that RRFC should come second to your own financial well-being and people should only donate if they are in a position to do so and they feel comfortable doing so.

I’m not sure where your perception of Mill as some smooth-talking charmer persuading your granny to sign over her pension comes from but it’s certainly not accurate.

1 hour ago, kvz2000 said:

East Fife voted against it for exactly this reason (no matter how they dress it up otherwise).

4 hours ago, SLClyde said:

I saw a post yesterday saying the minimum money a league 1 team would get is 70k, not sure where that came from right enough. 

That is the correct total from 2019, and the released 2020 Premiership numbers match those totals and percentages. However, the £70k is paid out over the season in several payments, since all teams are assured that amount. The final tranche is distributed when the final positions are decided, at which point the difference between the minimum and your share is paid. Clyde, for instance, at 7th in League One will get a total of £77,500, so the final payment would be around £7,500 plus whatever of the £70,000 hadn’t been distributed yet.

Cannot help thinking this cash , although very welcome, is just kicking the can further down the road. Every club will need another injection of cash in a few months & that won't be season ticket money. Football ain't coming back with crowds in the stadium for a long time or until they have a safe working vaccine.

What we need is some smart minds at the top of the game (Ha!) to get together to work out how every club can go into complete hibernation & be ready to go again when all this is over - and we don't lose any club, rather than just waiting for the first one to fall over.