The SPFL recommendation?

49 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Been told on good authority that the following was the rough final payments due to teams in our league if the league was to be finished as they stand.

1. Raith Rovers - £62,500
2. Falkirk - £44,500
3. Airdrie - £23,500
4. Montrose - £21,500
5. East Fife - £19,500
6. Dumbarton - £17,000
7. Clyde - £15,000
8. Peterhead - £12,500
9. Forfar - £10,500
10. Stranraer - £8,500

7 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Even less reason for us to panic about getting the money in. Just get 350 fans to club in a tenner each and it's covered...

The point I was making was the amounts are absolutely tiny

Good going if you get your whole support donating a tenner. 

51 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

So we're now finishing the season after 18 games. Regardless of all permutations Raith get promoted. 

Screenshot_20200412-172753_Chrome.jpg

So Falkirk were STILL 1 point behind us even then.  

I suppose the current form that made them certainties to overtake us applied after our next defeat in the 3rd quarter 

Even less reason for us to panic about getting the money in. Just get 350 fans to club in a tenner each and it's covered...

Except that's only what Forfar are due, East Fife being further up the table are due more - effectively the teams have had a payment equivalent to 10th place already and it's the balance that's due.

Apologies for repeating this, I mentioned it in the wrong thread earlier.

some of you will have read about what happened in Chile?

Due to social unrest, their league was stopped at a similar stage to ours.

Their equivalent SFA fell out big time after a similar solution to what has happened in Scotland.

So they changed it and promoted the top 2 teams of each league. Nobody got demoted.
Their top team in the top league was given the title, fairly enough, as they had a 13 point lead! So the twa cheeks o the arse should accept this, well the blue cheek should!

Scottish football needs a shake up. Stop copying England, shut down Junior football and add the teams into the Highland / Lowland leagues (making more leagues). One governing body, with less dominance from the twa cheeks.
Make each league bigger by 2 teams?

Maybe not ideal, but would stop the bitterness?

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

Been told on good authority that the following was the rough final payments due to teams in our league if the league was to be finished as they stand.

2. Falkirk - £44,500
3. Airdrie - £23,500
4. Montrose - £21,500
5. East Fife - £19,500
6. Dumbarton - £17,000
7. Clyde - £15,000
8. Peterhead - £12,500
9. Forfar - £10,500
10. Stranraer - £8,500

On that basis the Forfar chairman was lying in his interview yesterday

Looks like east fife are due about 9 grand more than Forfar for being higher up the table so about 12,500. I very much doubt you are in a position where that money is not critical.

29 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Falkirk fans are so confident they would win the league. Interesting they have only been top 2 times this season. The last time after 12 games, 16 games ago.

Screenshot_20200412-184820_Chrome.jpg

Bookies had us strong  favourites mind you and they dont often get it wrong. Who teally knows was going to be tight and could go either way.  Our goal difference and last game being at our place certainly gave us a half decent chance.

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

2. Falkirk - £44,500
3. Airdrie - £23,500
4. Montrose - £21,500
5. East Fife - £19,500
6. Dumbarton - £17,000
7. Clyde - £15,000
8. Peterhead - £12,500
9. Forfar - £10,500
10. Stranraer - £8,500

Scott,I’m sure east Fife received approx £57,000 last year,read that a few times,that’s some difference 

Looks like east fife are due about 9 grand more than Forfar for being higher up the table so about 12,500. I very much doubt you are in a position where that money is not critical.
Definitely not as critical as everyone is making out for small teams.

Our board run us impeccably for having an owner who doesn't put anything in at all.

To run at a profit year in, year out and to have no debt at all and be one of 2 teams you can get credit on... I doth my hat to them.

Absolutely brilliant job they do.