The SPFL recommendation?

2 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

I remember not so long ago when us diddy team fans (cause lest be honest in the grand scheme of things our teams are pish) used to at-least be united on how we got shafted by the big 2 and the top teams looking after number 1. Now there’s petty bickering and fans turning on other lower clubs fans when “everyone” of us want what’s best for our respective clubs. I see plenty of people getting on at Doncaster and that’s great to see but fans need to stop the petty stuff. 

My dads in hospital rite now fighting the virus and it has honestly put so much into perspective. 

Falkirk fans, Airdrie fans (who haven’t moaned on here as much as I expected) East Fife fans, Montrose fans, Edinburgh City fans and the rest in the play off positions. Fact is from 2nd to 4th we get f**k bar a chance in the play offs come the seasons end. It gets us absolute f**k all guarantees. Raith are top doesn’t matter whether it’s by a point or a goal. They are top come the seasons end premature as it may be. They deserve to go up for that. As do Dundee Utd and Cove. All the reconstruction ideas won’t happen unless the big teams are kept financially secured and keep their advantage over the rest. That’s what’s fundamentally wrong with the Scottish game. It’s not the small clubs wanteing some financial gain and a hopeful promotion here it’s the arseholes at the top who get fatter and richer year in year out whilst continuing to shit all over the lower leagues. 

I hope your dad is ok mate. Best wishes to him. GB.

85% of clubs voted for the resolution, in my biased opinion this should be good enough for the SPFL board to say we have an overwhelming mandate from our members and pass it, job done.

Edited by Wildrover

2 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

So if there no vote did arrive and was signed and dated then no matter what they say it was no and should stand meaning the resolution failed so they should just move on to a plan b and see what the clubs say to that

Email should be time stamped as should be the one from dundee saying dont count our vote. If the original no vote delivery time is earlier than the latter ignore our vote one then you have to accept it as a no vote. Otherwise everyone and their dug could change their wish. If I was the falkirk chairman I'd send in an email now saying dont count our vote yet. Right spfl what you offering dundee to try and make them change their minds? We may change ours you know if offered the right thing. Complete farce.

4 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

85% of clubs voted for the resolution, in my biased opinion this should be good enough for the SPFL board to say we have an overwhelming mandate from our members and passit, job done.

Eh naw. We have strict voting rules you cant just make them up on a whim.  Can just see the old firm being happy if they held  reconstruction votes and it was 10 2 and they needed 11 1  and the spfl board just said feck it we've got a mandate it's happening.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Eh naw. We have strict voting rules you cant just make them up on a whim.  Can just see the old firm being happy if they held  reconstruction votes and it was 10 2 and they needed 11 1  and the spfl board just said feck it we've got a mandate it's happening.
Raith should swap places with kelty imo

Guest Ecosse83

No relegation. Promote the 2 non league teams. 

Top flight 14 teams - play each other twice then split top 6 and bottom 8 and play each other another twice. 

3 divisions of 10 as normal below the top flight. 

A few tins and it all seems so clear 😎

Been told on good authority that the following was the rough final payments due to teams in our league if the league was to be finished as they stand.

1. Raith Rovers - £62,500
2. Falkirk - £44,500
3. Airdrie - £23,500
4. Montrose - £21,500
5. East Fife - £19,500
6. Dumbarton - £17,000
7. Clyde - £15,000
8. Peterhead - £12,500
9. Forfar - £10,500
10. Stranraer - £8,500

49 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

How did the league table look at half way after 18 games might be a more fairer way to decide who goes up and who goes down as at least that way all teams will have played each other twice instead of having a game in hand or played games more than others

So we're now finishing the season after 18 games. Regardless of all permutations Raith get promoted. 

Screenshot_20200412-172753_Chrome.jpg

The way I see it, Dundee were last to submit the email (which did arrive) the SPFL realised that this vote would result in the motion not being passed, contacted DFC (by phone) to negotiate and have told DFC to send an email telling the SPFL not to accept their vote. That way there isn’t an issue with the timings of the emails.

21 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Been told on good authority that the following was the rough final payments due to teams in our league if the league was to be finished as they stand.

1. Raith Rovers - £62,500
2. Falkirk - £44,500
3. Airdrie - £23,500
4. Montrose - £21,500
5. East Fife - £19,500
6. Dumbarton - £17,000
7. Clyde - £15,000
8. Peterhead - £12,500
9. Forfar - £10,500
10. Stranraer - £8,500

Forfar boy said it was only 3500 they were due.