The SPFL recommendation?

1 hour ago, diamond_for_life said:

I remember not so long ago when us diddy team fans (cause lest be honest in the grand scheme of things our teams are pish) used to at-least be united on how we got shafted by the big 2 and the top teams looking after number 1. Now there’s petty bickering and fans turning on other lower clubs fans when “everyone” of us want what’s best for our respective clubs. I see plenty of people getting on at Doncaster and that’s great to see but fans need to stop the petty stuff. 

My dads in hospital rite now fighting the virus and it has honestly put so much into perspective. 

Falkirk fans, Airdrie fans (who haven’t moaned on here as much as I expected) East Fife fans, Montrose fans, Edinburgh City fans and the rest in the play off positions. Fact is from 2nd to 4th we get f**k bar a chance in the play offs come the seasons end. It gets us absolute f**k all guarantees. Raith are top doesn’t matter whether it’s by a point or a goal. They are top come the seasons end premature as it may be. They deserve to go up for that. As do Dundee Utd and Cove. All the reconstruction ideas won’t happen unless the big teams are kept financially secured and keep their advantage over the rest. That’s what’s fundamentally wrong with the Scottish game. It’s not the small clubs wanteing some financial gain and a hopeful promotion here it’s the arseholes at the top who get fatter and richer year in year out whilst continuing to shit all over the lower leagues. 

I'm sure we are all united in wishing your Father all the best in his fight against the Virus.  

16 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

March, April, May, wages ....... wont get the government subsidy till June

Stadium rental which I'm sure goes toward the stadium mortgage

Yeah aware of the wages and goverment subsidy Sir James however not the stadium rental but really meant our outgoings in ££££

Presently fans have raised over 55k,players fund brings in 4.5k a month.How far that goes is anyones guess

Edited by Rovers_Lad

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Yeah aware of the wages and goverment subsidy Sir James however not the stadium rental but really meant our outgoings in ££££

Presently fans have raised over 55k,players fund brings in 4.5k a month.How far that goes is anyones guess

I'm sure Bill Clark  mentioned a figure of £200K till normal end of season what the monthly outgoings are is anyones guess

I just hope the club gets through this

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I could argue the same thing why is it your team are so keen to have the season finished just now and yourselves promoted is it because you face the prospect of your team collapsing over the final 8 games and finishing in a lesser position. lets face it you have as much chance of finishing the season 4th in League 1 than you do as being 1st.  Thats my argument to it.

I would be happy to null and void the season but seeing as that doesnt seem to be an SPFL option then it is call it as it stands.

Actually, the overall chances for first would be about 50% Raith, 42% Falkirk, 6% Airdrie and 2% Montrose. Those are rough numbers, without going through all the permutations that various results would involve. Your argument, as stated, fails.

The biggest sticking points are promotion and relegation...and arguments about unfairness cut both ways, including the unfairness of null and void. There are few solutions that will please more than about 50% of the teams (or a high of about 80% (promote 2, relegate none...only pisses off #3 and #4, plus the TV people...who matter the most).

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Add brora and kelty to make it fair and 44.

I would cancel all other plans and go to all 86 games that season emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

There you go, @Shadwell Dog, the solution. Play games on Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday, that means the season is done in 29 weeks, so add a few weeks off, and it’s a perfect season...other than two missing OF games.

30 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Going to rumble on for some time it seems. 

_20200412_153503.JPG

So, if UEFA call the season, does that result in the positions becoming final? And, if so, does that toss Dundee’s “leverage” into the dustbin, or does that still require a SPFL vote?

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Best wishes to your father for a speedy recovery.

46 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I'm sure we are all united in wishing your Father all the best in his fight against the Virus.  

Two bits of class in amongst the madness. 👏

Hope your dad comes through this ok, @diamond_for_life

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s not so good. Hope it won’t come to that.

Makes sense around the requests for urgent funding from Andy Mill too.

It's not really surprising and I highly doubt we will be alone. The urgent need for funds is why 85% of clubs voted for this. 

27 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I'm sure Bill Clark  mentioned a figure of £200K till normal end of season what the monthly outgoings are is anyones guess

I just hope the club gets through this

Yeah he did mention that figure which seems a tad on the high side for the sake of 2 or 3 months

@Kheredine

@Kheredine2018
· 34m
. @spfl says 'missing' @DundeeFC vote slip (voting 'No') gets to them AFTER Dundee wrote to them saying "any attempted vote from club should NOT be considered as cast". The plot thickens significantly. Vote is 'cast' - vote doesnt arrive - 'dont count our vote' - vote arrives?

This tweet from Kheredine doesnt help either.

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Try 4 games we beat you in the cup. Goodwill left several days ago with the bitterness of some fans on here. We can't get promoted so why should you etc etc etc. In terms of being top of the league some random weekend, please let me know when Falkirk, Airdrie or East Fife were last top of the league. Its hardly some random week regarding Raith being top.

I think it might have been here. I think it might have been a day we drawing and Raith were a goal behind at the time, putting us top, for maybe 10 minutes. 

On the form of the last 8, 10 or 12 matches, IF that had been maintained Falkirk might have gone into the last match with a two point lead, over Raith,  but then again possibly not. Nobody will ever know.

I said elsewhere Raith’s promotion is more a reward for their achievement to the point of the league having stopped, it can’t be seen as winning a championship, and no trophies medals or flags will be getting issued anyway in the circumstances. There are also quite a few of their fans coming over as desperados, almost to the point, if there was some reconstruction that helped Falkirk Airdrie Montrose East Fife, they’d argue against it.

551BB7C4-8335-48AB-A45B-29B2B5F99661.png

B160A745-372B-4611-ABBD-5CFD3198BAE0.png

10 minutes ago, WALMOT said:
@Kheredine

@Kheredine2018
· 34m
. @spfl says 'missing' @DundeeFC vote slip (voting 'No') gets to them AFTER Dundee wrote to them saying "any attempted vote from club should NOT be considered as cast". The plot thickens significantly. Vote is 'cast' - vote doesnt arrive - 'dont count our vote' - vote arrives?

This tweet from Kheredine doesnt help 

Think the spfl believe we're all zipped up the back here. Dundee's email suddenly appears out the ether after dundee have told them not to count it.🤣 . Email will be time stamped with when it was sent and arrived.  Surely an independent party needs to take a good look at it and see what was sent when and when it arrived. The whole thing smells of shite with most of that shite coming from the dundee and spfl board rooms.