The SPFL recommendation?

2 minutes ago, renton said:

If changing the rule is as simple as s votes why hasn't it been tabled? Genuine question, would've figured a half dozen clubs could or should have brought that forward.

I've absolutely no idea. The ICT chairman on Sportsound last night or the night before said something that suggested it had been at least mooted to the SPFL. It's in the best interest of the clubs to release the money ASAP, the SPFL is in charge of looking after the clubs, it should not be tied to the decision to set the season in stone now.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

If changing the rule is as simple as s votes why hasn't it been tabled? Genuine question, would've figured a half dozen clubs could or should have brought that forward.

Thats what Ann Budge said but apparently the response as the rules are prize money can only be paid out on completion of the league which is why they wanted the vote to end the season the option of changing the rules was never put to anyone.

Just now, Big Fifer said:

I've absolutely no idea. The ICT chairman on Sportsound last night or the night before said something that suggested it had been at least mooted to the SPFL. It's in the best interest of the clubs to release the money ASAP, the SPFL is in charge of looking after the clubs, it should not be tied to the decision to set the season in stone now.

If it can be decoupled, it should be, I absolutely agree. I also feel like it shouldn't be too much effort from the SPFL to explain why they cant or wont decouple it.

19 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Try 4 games we beat you in the cup. Goodwill left several days ago with the bitterness of some fans on here. We can't get promoted so why should you etc etc etc. In terms of being top of the league some random weekend, please let me know when Falkirk, Airdrie or East Fife were last top of the league. Its hardly some random week regarding Raith being top.

The cup against our reserves hardly feckin counts. Our first team was bad enough this season never mind our second string. The fact you couldnt beat us over 3 games inuding one when we had 9 men tells you all you need to know about how crap both sides were. There wasnt much between them at all and the league could've gone either way from here on in.Anyway I've agreed all along that raith should go up so why your getting on at me I dont really know.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I remember not so long ago when us diddy team fans (cause lest be honest in the grand scheme of things our teams are pish) used to at-least be united on how we got shafted by the big 2 and the top teams looking after number 1. Now there’s petty bickering and fans turning on other lower clubs fans when “everyone” of us want what’s best for our respective clubs. I see plenty of people getting on at Doncaster and that’s great to see but fans need to stop the petty stuff. 

My dads in hospital rite now fighting the virus and it has honestly put so much into perspective. 

Falkirk fans, Airdrie fans (who haven’t moaned on here as much as I expected) East Fife fans, Montrose fans, Edinburgh City fans and the rest in the play off positions. Fact is from 2nd to 4th we get f**k bar a chance in the play offs come the seasons end. It gets us absolute f**k all guarantees. Raith are top doesn’t matter whether it’s by a point or a goal. They are top come the seasons end premature as it may be. They deserve to go up for that. As do Dundee Utd and Cove. All the reconstruction ideas won’t happen unless the big teams are kept financially secured and keep their advantage over the rest. That’s what’s fundamentally wrong with the Scottish game. It’s not the small clubs wanteing some financial gain and a hopeful promotion here it’s the arseholes at the top who get fatter and richer year in year out whilst continuing to shit all over the lower leagues. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Aye, but since 1975 they have been painting them selves into an ever decreasing corner. Every reconstruction since addresses a crisis or an agenda, never the long term good. It's too far gone to properly resolve now.

For once I agree. They have repeatedly taken the short - term and selfish approach and now it would take moves of gargantuan proportions to reconstruct to something which approached a fair and long term strategic direction for Scottish football. Whilst people see money as a reason for clubs to  exist and two clubs in particular see Europe as a way to deliver that, we will forever spiral into greater and greater frequency of crises and clubs falling out. 

Don’t think you’re alone on this. Most folk I know think he should adopt radio silence for a bit. Danger of getting on SkySports going to his head. Interviews on Raith TV explaining to fans are great but not sure becoming rent a quote for the wider game is helpful for the club as a whole. 
Im glad im not the only one. I wish he would keep quiet its great the raithTv interviews etc but its showing complete desperation that the vote goes through no matter what and our club is going a long list of haters.

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Don’t think you’re alone on this. Most folk I know think he should adopt radio silence for a bit. Danger of getting on SkySports going to his head. Interviews on Raith TV explaining to fans are great but not sure becoming rent a quote for the wider game is helpful for the club as a whole. 

Is he saying that if Dundee vote no then Raith will go into administration in July ??

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is he saying that if Dundee vote no then Raith will go into administration in July ??

Last I heard him saying was that we were fine financially for April and May. Beyond that I’m not sure.  Don’t think we are any worse or better off than most. 

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I took it as without prize money coming in we would be, but I could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, diamond_for_life said:

Falkirk fans, Airdrie fans (who haven’t moaned on here as much as I expected) East Fife fans, Montrose fans, Edinburgh City fans and the rest in the play off positions. Fact is from 2nd to 4th we get f**k bar a chance in the play offs come the seasons end. It gets us absolute f**k all guarantees. Raith are top doesn’t matter whether it’s by a point or a goal. They are top come the seasons end premature as it may be. They deserve to go up for that. As do Dundee Utd and Cove. All the reconstruction ideas won’t happen unless the big teams are kept financially secured and keep their advantage over the rest. That’s what’s fundamentally wrong with the Scottish game. It’s not the small clubs wanteing some financial gain and a hopeful promotion here it’s the arseholes at the top who get fatter and richer year in year out whilst continuing to shit all over the lower leagues. 

Best wishes to your father for a speedy recovery.

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Indeed, which it absolutely isn't. This line that they cant just pay the money now and sort the league in future due to "regulations" is utter horseshit, it's a members organisation ffs. 

Gordon also answered those asking regarding the Clark stuff, I've been away an hour.

This

Its a members organisation who can surely change any obscure payment ruling/regulations  to suit the members or am I missing something?

Dundee can nip all the conspiracy theories in the bud by making a simple statement on what has actually occured instead of going underground

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Reconstruction agreed to come into effect Summer 2021 (Season 2021/22). 16 team top flight...

Non-starter, as there is no configuration that gives reasonable assurance of four OF matches in a year. As it is, with 12, there will come a year where one of the two are in the lower half at the split.

5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I would say this episode is more like a circus. It’s entertaining for some, while others just look puzzled, others shake their heads in disbelief. I’m going more for the olden days pre-war circus vibe here, or at least how those Hollywood films portray a circus, with the bearded lady, trapeze artists, lion tamers and the likes.

If we were in Laurel and Hardy territory I would expect more slapstick. Maybe Douglas Park pouring a can of paint over Doncaster. Then Doncaster cutting Douglas Parks suit up with scissors or the likes, then snipping his braces off and kicking him up the arse when he went to pick up his trousers. Obviously while both produced funny facial expressions. Maybe this will be their next move, in which case, if filmed, I’ll very much approve.

So, in that case, what we have is the Keystone Kops, starring the SPFL? There has to be a way to get a cage match fundraiser out of this.

Wee Bairdy what a legend, scores the winner in the diddy cup to beat sevco, then comes back to us and with a sublime finish against Forfar puts us back into the championship....roaring on.....love you wee man x

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because two clubs wanted the games cut down.

If they can get this forced through by the 75% voting process, they couldnt block it.

Most teams would be happy to have more home games, especially after this Summer and likely next season being financial drains. Expanded league, but not expanded relegation places, would see sides like St Mirren/Ross County back it, as theyd be less likely to turn into yo-yo sides.

There is no way that a 44 game season can be made to work with the additional competitions, preseason, etc.