The SPFL recommendation?

30 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Stupidity is one of my trigger points. 

🤦🏻‍♂️

See, I would say stupidity is giving money to a persuasive guy to pay footballers salaries when you are not on 100% of your basic salary.

However I wouldn’t get aggressive with a stranger on a football forum who doesn’t agree with me.

It all about opinions though and what’s important to individuals.

6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

You lot could argue about the rights and wrongs forever and still get nowhere. 

Let's all just be honest and say the club's are going to look after our own interests. If Falkirk were top we would have voted yes and if Raith were 2nd the chairman wouldn't be coming out with the stuff he is. 

Dundee are only one of 6 clubs in Scotland to have insurance to cover the pandemic, they will quite rightly do what is in the best interests of their club. 

And that’s the problem that must be changed , why is only one option up for debate ? Straight away it’s flawed and unfair , every club should be asked to vote on the presumption they are sitting bottom of the league , you might then get a fairer outcome ....... you cannot end a season when there are still games to be played so that should never be considered or at very least no club should be relegated due to this terrible situation....

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

See, I would say stupidity is giving money to a persuasive guy to pay footballers salaries when you are not on 100% of your basic salary.

However I wouldn’t get aggressive with a stranger on a football forum who doesn’t agree with me.

I agree that it'd be stupid giving your money to a football club if it was going to leave you short for vital supplies. 

That's down to the individual though. The club have always advised people to look after themselves first. 

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

And that’s the problem that must be changed , why is only one option up for debate ? Straight away it’s flawed and unfair , every club should be asked to vote on the presumption they are sitting bottom of the league , you might then get a fairer outcome ....... you cannot end a season when there are still games to be played so that should never be considered or at very least no club should be relegated due to this terrible situation....

I agree that no club should be relegated. One argument is for bigger league's to combat that but how would that be fair on the likes of Airdrie who are 3rd in the league behind Falkirk in 2nd?

The best solution will be the one that upsets the least amount of teams. What that solution is I have no idea!

25 minutes ago, renton said:

That wasn't the only reason he gave, though it's understandable that's be the reason you latch on to.

The point is that far from being the only club in any kind of financial difficulties because of us 'burning cash' to get out of league 1, the reality is that a lot of Scottish clubs live largely hand to mouth with little room for error in terms of forward planning. Even small delays can create cash flow problems that could conceivably wipe a club out.

Clark may be the most visible and vocal, but we also have Ayr's chairman claiming that they voted Yes because they would be in trouble a couple of months down the line. Despite a successful few seasons, costs tend to scale with the level of success so it's no wonder that even clubs who aren't stranded in league 1 'burning through cash' are looking to resolve this issue.

Presumably no one thinks all those League 1 and 2 votes were bought off the back of Clark's media performances. So in that case, maybe those fans should ask themselves why their own clubs happily ticked the Yes box.

I genuinely don't want to keep butting head with Raith fans over this so don't consider this an attack on Raith for their fans.

Of course the majority of clubs voted Yes to last week's proposal and for most of them, it's because they knew they'd get the positional-based payments due to to them that will ease financial difficulties.

The problem a lot of people have with this is precisely that conflation of deciding championships / promotion / relegation together with payment. It means that you could see this as something close to a bribe - vote for our proposal on how to end the leagues and you get your money. Don't and you won't. Shaft Hearts, Partick and Stranraer for cash.

Everyone knows you can be dishonest whilst saying things that are true. We're not kids, we all understand that. It's the reason the phrase 'the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth' exists.

The reason people see Bill Clark as dishonest here is because he's pushing that conflation of payments and promotion. Of course he wants that prize money, the same way chairmen at Falkirk, East Fife and Forfar do. But it's clear that, primarily, he wants to push through the issue of promotion for Raith inside that financial issue. I don't blame him for that. It's what I'd do in his position, it's what the vast majority of us would do. But it's a bit silly to pretend that's not the case.

This isn't a court of law, we don't need to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that's the case or put him through a lie detector test. it's human nature, we all know that's the case because that is exactly what everyone would do in that situation.

Edited by Gordon EF

UEFA about to abandon the 19/20 camapaign:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-red-alert-fifa-bigwig-21853906

FIFA bigwig Michel D'Hooghe believes UEFA will make the call to abandon this season imminently.

The governing body have hired world-renowned Belgian virologist Marc Van Ranst to advise them about the future impact of the coronavirus and he has urged them to forget about any prospect of playing out the remainder of the season.

He said: "I have the distinct impression UEFA have turned and have changed their mind. And that's a very good thing because lives are at stake here.

"I admire the work of Marc Van Ranst and welcome UEFA asking him for advice on the coronavirus crisis. It's not before time too. 

"In Italy, their doctors are saying football won't be played any time soon. And UEFA appears to have lost sight of the fact that the health crisis will not be resolved within two months.

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I agree that no club should be relegated. One argument is for bigger league's to combat that but how would that be fair on the likes of Airdrie who are 3rd in the league behind Falkirk in 2nd?

The best solution will be the one that upsets the least amount of teams. What that solution is I have no idea!

Regardless what way this goes there is going to be pain inflicted whether oit be us, Raith, Airdrie etc.

Call the season as it no promotion no relegation and pay out the prize money, yes it is shit but so is the situation the world faces right now and thats a bigger issue than the current state of the SPFL.

I highly doubt people are donating money they can’t afford to donate. Yes some people are on reduced income but I’ve found my outgoing have gone down massively as I’m sat in the house or at work, I’m sure many will have found the same.

Regardless what way this goes there is going to be pain inflicted whether oit be us, Raith, Airdrie etc.
Call the season as it no promotion no relegation and pay out the prize money, yes it is shit but so is the situation the world faces right now and thats a bigger issue than the current state of the SPFL.

Out of interest. Why are you so bitterly opposed to Raith being promoted?

I know it’s unfair but as you rightly point out, someone is going to be hurt here. Yourself and a few Falkirk fans are utterly opposed to the idea of us going up, but not null and void. Both scenarios are the same for Falkirk - another season in League 1.

Is it that you fear Partick Thistle more than Raith? So really null and void is just a screen to an easier season next season for Falkirk?

4 minutes ago, Paco said:

I know it’s unfair but as you rightly point out, someone is going to be hurt here. Yourself and a few Falkirk fans are utterly opposed to the idea of us going up, but not null and void. Both scenarios are the same for Falkirk - another season in League 1.

Is it that you fear Partick Thistle more than Raith? So really null and void is just a screen to an easier season next season for Falkirk?

I could argue the same thing why is it your team are so keen to have the season finished just now and yourselves promoted is it because you face the prospect of your team collapsing over the final 8 games and finishing in a lesser position. lets face it you have as much chance of finishing the season 4th in League 1 than you do as being 1st.  Thats my argument to it.

I would be happy to null and void the season but seeing as that doesnt seem to be an SPFL option then it is call it as it stands.

12 minutes ago, Paco said:

I doubt partick will be as dreadful as raith and ourselves have been this season.

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I could argue the same thing why is it your team are so keen to have the season finished just now and yourselves promoted is it because you face the prospect of your team collapsing over the final 8 games and finishing in a lesser position. lets face it you have as much chance of finishing the season 4th in League 1 than you do as being 1st.  Thats my argument to it.

I would be happy to null and void the season but seeing as that doesnt seem to be an SPFL option then it is call it as it stands.

I don't know if we would have won the league, we will likely never know. Can't really say however that we had as much chance of finishing 4th as we did 1st, when the other teams in the top 4 have beaten us a grand total of zero times this season. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I doubt partick will be as dreadful as raith and ourselves have been this season.

We absolutely bullied Partick a couple of months back, they looked miles worse than either ourselves or Falkirk. 

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We absolutely bullied Partick a couple of months back, they looked miles worse than either ourselves or Falkirk. 

I know but I reckon mccall would sort it out over the summer transfer window. Cant see him making as big a mess of a decent sized budget as we have. Still have no confidence in out recruitment whatever league we are in next season but it needs to be far better than the dreadful summer and January windows we've just had.

19 minutes ago, Paco said:

Any kind of null and void scenario gives Falkirk a second bite of the cherry and effectively means this season never happened. 

Don't get me wrong, I would probably have felt the same this time last season after we made an arse of our title challenge. 

We’d have finished 1st or 2nd. Raith fans have almost unanimously said we want this to pass for promotion, as has the chairman (he adds its for the ‘greater good’ which causes annoyance). Falkirk fans seem to want it to fail simply for a weaker rival in the league next time around under the guise of ‘fairness’, while the board bleat about reconstruction that they’ve ‘always wanted’ that would just so happen to benefit Falkirk.

I’m not saying it’s a fault by the way. Each supporter and each club is right to want what’s best for them. The arguments about it are tedious. I just wanted an acknowledgment that Falkirk would ‘just happen’ to benefit from the general choice of their fan base on here, and Shadwell Dog provided it.

Never gonna happen -Rovers will be promoted

12 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I keen to have the season ended now for one simple reason, there's not a fucking hope in hell of the season being completed prior to player contracts ending or even this side of August. Get over it we are top and have been for months, you are not. You've failed all season to beat us, clearly second best to us. Now just hope that the SPFL agree to promote the top 2 otherwise dont cry when we rightfully get promoted along with Dundee Utd and Cove Rangers.