The SPFL recommendation?

28 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Decent piece and common sense , therefore serious doubts over what will happen 😷

14-14-14 would certainly solve most if not all of the issues, except that it involves a dilution of top league finances and a probable drop in number of OF derbies.

The 2012 reconstruction scenario involved a complex mid season break out into three tiers of 8, all in the name of recovering those derbies (and tied to The Rangers being allowed into the 2and tier to affect a swift comeback). That kind of byzantine fucked up ladder might be the only thing that manages to pass, rather than the nice, simple, common sense scenario in the article.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The situation in Ethiopia had been going on for years before Bob Geldof done his thing - people were starving ffs.

Andy Mill waited 2 mins before he started this. 

I can’t believe you are comparing people starving in Africa to people being asked to pay footballers that are being paid out with budget.

As the Rovers fan representative on the board, he did what the fanbase was calling for: introducing a mechanism by which the fans could help the club. Can't honestly believe that people are trying to paint a fanbase trying to help its club in a negative light.

I appreciate your point of view Shadwell Dog but unfortunately most of the clubs couldnt have forseen a worldwide pandemic if Rovers did i would believe we would have went fully part time. Like you say Falkirk have still got money but you were fortunate that you made a few bob from selling players , reaching play offs in the champoinship but now that pile is getting smaller and smaller. You have to mind we have been stuck in division 1 for 3 years and our finances have are shocking so every penny is a prisoner

We've fortunately got money in the bank to cover unforeseen circumstances .  Sensible thing to do instead of spending it on players but then look where it's got us. Feck all.

6 minutes ago, renton said:

14-14-14 would certainly solve most if not all of the issues, except that it involves a dilution of top league finances and a probable drop in number of OF derbies.

The 2012 reconstruction scenario involved a complex mid season break out into three tiers of 8, all in the name of recovering those derbies (and tied to The Rangers being allowed into the 2and tier to affect a swift comeback). That kind of byzantine fucked up ladder might be the only thing that manages to pass, rather than the nice, simple, common sense scenario in the article.

Wouldn't it need to be 14-14-16 to accommodate HL/LL champion who were due a play off? Otherwise fairness only extends to 42 clubs at a time we are supposed to be moving towards a proper pyramid.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The situation in Ethiopia had been going on for years before Bob Geldof done his thing - people were starving ffs.

Andy Mill waited 2 mins before he started this. 

I can’t believe you are comparing people starving in Africa to people being asked to pay footballers that are being paid out with budget.

I thought it was fairly obvious that I was being facetious. 

Maybe you just enjoy being sanctimonious? 

17 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

So you agree that that was complete BS and it's all about keeping Dundee Utd in the league then?

Sounds like a legit reason to screw the rest of scottish football.

100% agree with our chairman.

Dundee are doing what's best for them. Their not going to vote yes.if it's going to shaft themselves.  Just the same as raith aren't going to vote no and screw themselves. 42 teams have all voted the way it suits their clubs one way or the other. I've no issue with dundee voting no just as I've no issue with raith voting yes.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

As the Rovers fan representative on the board, he did what the fanbase was calling for: introducing a mechanism by which the fans could help the club. Can't honestly believe that people are trying to paint a fanbase trying to help its club in a negative light.
Falkirk fan trying to justify some kind of agenda that they seem to have against the majority of scottish football

3 minutes ago, basher brash said:

I appreciate your point of view Shadwell Dog but unfortunately most of the clubs couldnt have forseen a worldwide pandemic if Rovers did i would believe we would have went fully part time. Like you say Falkirk have still got money but you were fortunate that you made a few bob from selling players , reaching play offs in the champoinship but now that pile is getting smaller and smaller. You have to mind we have been stuck in division 1 for 3 years and our finances have are shocking so every penny is a prisoner

It's why handing out the prize money should've been a no brainer and then let's sort the sodding rest of the bull shit out after that. This no one getting any cash till we have a bun fight over promotion relegation and reconstruction has been quite frankly ludicrous.

13 minutes ago, renton said:

I just don’t think it’s the right time to go begging to the public to pay footballers wages mate. If people are happy to spend what they have on that then fair play.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

SD
These are the agreed payouts for full season, will post what’s left to be paid

Ladbrokes Premiership
1st - 13.40% - £3,350,000 
2nd - 9.60% - £2,400,000 
3rd - 8.25% - £2,062,500 
4th - 7.25% - £1,812,500 
5th - 6.75% - £1,687,500 
6th - 6.25% - £1,562,500 
7th - 5.75% - £1,437,500 
8th - 5.50% - £1,375,000 
9th - 5.25% - £1,312,500 
10th -5.00% - £1,250,000 
11th - 4.75% - £1,187,500 
12th - 4.50% - £1,125,000 

Ladbrokes Championship
1st - 2.25% - £562,500 
2nd - 1.90% - £475,000 
3rd - 1.60% - £400,000 
4th - 1.30% - £325,000 
5th - 1.00% - £250,000 
6th - 0.90% - £225,000 
7th - 0.85% - £212,500 
8th - 0.80% - £200,000 
9th - 0.75% - £187,500 
10th - 0.70% - £175,000 

Ladbrokes League 1    
1st - 0.50% - £125,000 
2nd - 0.43% - £107,500 
3rd - 0.35% - £87,500 
4th - 0.34% - £85,000 
5th - 0.33% - £82,500 
6th - 0.32% - £80,000 
7th - 0.31% - £77,500 
8th - 0.30% - £75,000 
9th - 0.29% - £72,500 
10th - 0.28% - £70,000 

Ladbrokes League 2    
1st - 0.27% - £67,500 
2nd - 0.26% - £65,000 
3rd - 0.25% - £62,500 
4th - 0.24% - £60,000 
5th - 0.23% - £57,500 
6th - 0.22% - £55,000 
7th - 0.21% - £52,500 
8th - 0.20% - £50,000 
9th - 0.19% - £47,500 
10th - 0.18% - £45,000

Regardless of whether these are last season's or this season's fugures, and regardless of which way clubs voted on Friday, isn't the biggest scandal in all of this that the team finishing 5th in the championship receives less in prize money than Neil Doncaster receives as a basic salary? 

Chuck in the 91 grand bonus he received last season (for f**k knows what) and it's not to difficult to see why Scottish football is bleeding through its arse. 

Guest Ecosse83

Reports now suggesting UEFA could be about to abandon the season. No wonder they tried to rush through the vote in the space of 48 hours. 

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I just don’t think it’s the right time to go begging to the public to pay footballers wages mate. If people are happy to spend what they have on that then fair play.

I'm self employed (sole trader) and therefore not earning a bean at the moment, until I might get my BoJo bonus in June, but others are still working from home on full pay, with much less outgoings at the moment (travel to work etc), so if they choose to use some of their income to support the Rovers, it's entirely a matter for them. 

And they really make the point as to why the top flight doesn’t want to expand the league any further. Another two teams in the bottom tier would require around £100k in prize money, which would have to come from the top flight. That would render their business model completely unsustainable.
The prize fund going from £25m a year to £30m a year. Sure the extra £200k is sustainable hahaha

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Presume you wont be buying a season ticket, merchandise or contributing to Falkirk FC in any way until the virus is gone?

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Reports now suggesting UEFA could be about to abandon the season. No wonder they tried to rush through the vote in the space of 48 hours. 

Presumably all that would do is get rid of the caveat about having the top league delay their cessation and instead stop when the rest of us do.

13 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Do you see turkey's voting for Christmas?

The top flight especially would piss themselves laughing if you mentioned this.

Sorry that’s not exactly what I meant , what I mean is take the total money for each league and split it evenly between the teams in that league so NO bigger amount for teams at the top ....it could be done now straight away and take the financial pressure off all clubs for a while at least and work out the rest later .....

You don’t don’t need to pay the 20% if you furlough. If the club / company cannot afford to to so, there is no requirement to do so. So that part does not need to drain your clubs resources.
You maybe right but this came from the Rovers chairman on the website .

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, craigkillie said:
4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The SPFL agree with that and were also trying to abandon the season.

The question is how will UEFA abandon it? They might just make it all null and void!