The SPFL recommendation?

47 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I'm all for reconstruction too but, leagues of 14 don't work for me, too few teams for a season where the  sides are meeting each other only twice and too many for 4 meetings, 3 was never an ideal scenario and I never enjoyed it. A top league of 16 with a 8/8 split after 30 games would be better.  That would solve TV contractual requirement, solve the Hearts debate, suit ICT, Ayr and Dundee's wants. It would allow the top four in L1 to move up too, The down side is that East Fife and the rest are losing out, sorry.   Doesn't also get rid of the hated 4 meetings in the other leagues but nothing will ever be perfect.

A 14-14-14 setup would have everyone meet each other twice before a split, and then meet everyone within their half a further twice after the split. Gives 26 games before the split and then a further 12 after, a total of 2 extra games per season than the current setup.

Yes you still have some teams you would meet 4 times a season but theres plenty of variation before the split and a lot of the games after that could be very interesting....imagine the current L1 table if the likes of the top half were all playing each other every week at the climax of the season, would be great. 

The whole thing is clearly  utterly corrupt.  Can see a lot of legal challenges if this does go through now.  If the vote had gone through and was a no then you accept it and move on but the way certain clubs and organisations are behaving is frankly dreadful.
If a vote goes through via the constitution then I cannot see how in any way a legal challenge can be accepted. All I've heard from clubs opposing it is "we won't accept it" which is the worst legal argument you can have. Very much the throwing toys out of the pram.
Why not go 16-16-10 for 1 season and see if works if not change it back to how it is that might a way out this mess
Or 16-16-12 and promote Kelty and Brora
Exactly why reconstruction will never get the required votes. Notwithstanding it'll take an even higher percentage of vote you can't even agree a way forward here. Why not a 14-16-14 or what about a 14-12-18? It's just numbers and it'll never get a higher percentage than what we've got tonight so far.

19 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

I assume all the clubs that voted to end the season early are going to refund season ticket holders of the matches they will miss.

And what season ticket holder do you know would, in all seriousness, take the money back? Those people are the diehards of their club! Come on, get serious here

18 minutes ago, AGPar said:

What complete, total and utter rot. If the league was run by anyone even semi competent, instead of the biggest balloon in football, money could have already been released to clubs without this farcical rush by Cockwomble to wash his hands of the diddies and end their seasons. He's made a complete and utter f**k of this and if clubs do end up going out the game he'll be responsible.

Dont know what is total and utter rot,Its fact

The clubs are the league

Anyway,i,m offski as 3 weeks of lockdown along with too many beers is playing havoc with my thought process

Edited by Rovers_Lad

The only reconstruction that will work in my opinion is 14-10-10-10 and only if it’s temporary for one season. The top clubs don’t want a 14 or 16 or 18 team league. Never have and never will, so it’s not going to happen. It reduces their share of the pie. Most of them have wanted to contract to  a 10 team league for years. I think they’ll accept a 14 temporarily and that will save Hearts and buy off Inverness and Partick to get this through - as there will be no relegation in any division. The only dissenters will then be the play-off teams, but they will be a small minority. Can’t see any other way forward given the self interest of clubs. 

Then after a year it will be back to normal. 

10 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

And what season ticket holder do you know would, in all seriousness, take the money back? Those people are the diehards of their club! Come on, get serious here

I was taking the piss. Don't worry, obviously this wouldn't be an issue for Clyde. 

A 14-14-14 setup would have everyone meet each other twice before a split, and then meet everyone within their half a further twice after the split. Gives 26 games before the split and then a further 12 after, a total of 2 extra games per season than the current setup.

Yes you still have some teams you would meet 4 times a season but theres plenty of variation before the split and a lot of the games after that could be very interesting....imagine the current L1 table if the likes of the top half were all playing each other every week at the climax of the season, would be great. 

Agree it would work best as you outline with a split after 26 games. But don’t agree it will lead to much variation. You would play 24 of your 38 matches against the same 6 sides. Yes the post split fixtures will be competitive but it’s so tedious playing the same sides 4 times a season.

Also the team in 7th/8th after 26 games could be so far off top/bottom that their entire post split season is meaningless.

I do think we need reconstruction but now is not the time literally everything is up in the air and there doesn't seem to be a sound proposal to go forward with nor is there the time or a stable environment to complete it in.

Would hope it has been raised today though 

Very different mate. I’d rather be in the Championship - a higher division.

You face the prospect of being in the 3rd league whatever happens. My question is, would you rather be in the 3rd league with a chance of winning it and being promoted? Or be in the 3rd league with no chance of winning it but have increased revenue from having bigger clubs in the league? Not a dig, genuine intrigue as to what people feel is a priority. 

Last season we had to win promotion from league 2 containing Peterhead, Annan, Edinburgh, Queen's Park, Elgin, Stirling and Albion Rovers.

You're asking if we would like to win promotion from league 1 containing Peterhead, Annan, Edinburgh, Queen's Park, Elgin, Stirling and Albion Rovers.

The season after that you can just rename it the Championship and we can do it a 3rd time for shits and giggles.

Of course we would rather be in league one with Falkirk Airdrie etc.

4 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I do think we need reconstruction but now is not the time literally everything is up in the air and there doesn't seem to be a sound proposal to go forward with nor is there the time or a stable environment to complete it in.

Would hope it has been raised today though 

The only things not working with the current system is at the top and bottom.

The Premiership should adopt the same playoffs as the rest of the leagues and team 42 should drop down automatically.

50 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Its ironic that the proposal hinges on a club like Dundee who have shafted creditors not once but twice and depending how they vote could possibly put clubs out of business

13 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Also, two times administration Dundee holding the  balance of power in this. Proof that Scottish football is farcical 

There there.

31 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

If a vote goes through via the constitution then I cannot see how in any way a legal challenge can be accepted. All I've heard from clubs opposing it is "we won't accept it" which is the worst legal argument you can have. Very much the throwing toys out of the pram.
Exactly why reconstruction will never get the required votes. Notwithstanding it'll take an even higher percentage of vote you can't even agree a way forward here. Why not a 14-16-14 or what about a 14-12-18? It's just numbers and it'll never get a higher percentage than what we've got tonight so far.

Would you accept a vote in this context. Clubs maybe voting one way then another or not at all or by 5pm or maybe 28 days from now. It must be like election day when your living in some central American military junta state.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

The only things not working with the current system is at the top and bottom.

The Premiership should adopt the same playoffs as the rest of the leagues and team 42 should drop down automatically.

The split is a load of pish too and needs bumped. Laughing stick of europe with that stupid setup.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

There there.

No need for the soothing.  I’m fairly relaxed about this. Null and void isn’t a viable option so we’ll be in the Championship  no matter how this pans out. It might take time to sort but there’s no realistic scenario where we don’t go up. So, see you there. 

4 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

No need for the soothing.  I’m fairly relaxed about this. Null and void isn’t a viable option so we’ll be in the Championship  no matter how this pans out. It might take time to sort but there’s no realistic scenario where we don’t go up. So, see you there. 

In case you missed it;

Our chairman, John Nelms, his proposal is to award the league titles and positions as they are, but not having any relegation or promotion.

Fair, but not technically null and void. So you may not see us.

Still relaxed?

Edited by johnnydun

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

In case you missed it;

Our chairman, John Nelms, his proposal is to award the league titles and positions as they are but not having any relegation or promotion.

Fair, but not technically null and void. So you may not see us.

Still relaxed?

Yep. That nonsense has as much chance of being supported as my proposal to parachute Rovers straight into the top league. 

Edited by roverthemoon