The SPFL recommendation?

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aye beginning to look like you are right mate.

Given it’s come so close, suspect they’ll now move to restructure the league, suspend relegation and scoop up the vote of Partick Thistle to make this happen.

Unless that loses clubs opposed to that of course. 

This is once again an absolutely embarrassing organisational farce.

There lies no blame with any club. Every single club is voting in self interest, obviously. We (Falkirk) are doing the same and us (fans) would be championing this recommendation if we were top by a point.

But how it ever got to this point is mind boggling. Hilarious lack of leadership from the SPFL, the whole lot should be sacked for this sorry mess. Good people at clubs will lose their job because of this. Grow some balls and stop trying to appease the bigot bros and pass the buck. I’m absolutely fuming, even though Falkirk looks like getting the outcome it wanted 

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Record saying its in limbo, and Sky Sports twitter now going with the SPFL statement. 

Both saying its not passed yet as not all clubs have voted. 

League 1 and league 2 have sufficient to vote it through . It's a single  championship team vote that will confirm yes or no. 

Utterly shambolic stuff from the SPFL either way.

First priority should have been passing a resolution to pay out whatever percentage of the minimum prize money for each league the SPFL have at the moment. That's what stops clubs going to the wall before the summer. What to do about leagues and promotions and relegations should have been dealt with between now and the summer.

1 minute ago, East Fife is best said:

Wonder which 3 clubs in League 1 and 2 voted against

I'd imagine Falkirk and Stranraer are nail ons. One out of Airdrie, Montrose, us and Edinburgh will be the other i'd guess. Gut says Airdrie.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

Utterly shambolic stuff from the SPFL either way.

First priority should have been passing a resolution to pay out whatever percentage of the minimum prize money for each league the SPFL have at the moment. That's what stops clubs going to the wall before the summer. What to do about leagues and promotions and relegations should have been dealt with between now and the summer.

Exactly. 

We're back to what I said originally should have happened.  Give out the cash and then sort out the shite but no let's go for the shite first whilst clubs go out of business.
And what is your magical proposal to sort out the shite?

Honestly all I've read here are a bunch of cock and bull reconstruction ideas none of which have come from any club and have any legs in them. We'll be having the same vote on the same terms in a months time.

Surprised if they all voted. Under company law they had 28 days to vote. Only one club exercising this right would have forced the count to be delayed.

This. How the hell did they not get their lawyer to check that what they were doing was legal before putting it to a vote with a deadline? Incompetent idiots!

4 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I can't see the logic in releasing the votes until this is complete.

Sure, release a statement saying you're still awaiting completion or whatever but the way it's worked out means you're now going to have one championship team getting pelters from team's fans and probably boycotted by the bigger roasters. Pointless. 

I might have picked this up wrong but Am I right in saying the voting is now complete? I think the teams that haven’t voted have no intention of doing so as they didn’t get the mandatory 28 days notice.

No doubt they will be under severe pressure right now mind you so things might change. 

I might have picked this up wrong but Am I right in saying the voting is now complete? I think the teams that haven’t voted have no intention of doing so as they didn’t get the mandatory 28 days notice.
No doubt they will be under severe pressure right now mind you so things might change. 

That would appear to be the case.

Given the closeness of the vote the chances of a robust new proposal being put forward seem unlikely. It needed an emphatic rejection to send them back to the drawing board.

They just need Inverness to get on board and it would be through. I think they will try and find a way to convince Inverness to vote through the current proposal with maybe a small tweak so the SPFL can have their proposal through and try to save some face.

I’m not saying it is the correct way forward or how to do things. But I just can’t see them ripping up their proposal for something different when it has come so close. Releasing some of the votes before they have all come seems pretty dodgy and poor form.

Just now, AFC1878 said:

This. How the hell did they not get their lawyer to check that what they were doing was legal before putting it to a vote with a deadline? Incompetent idiots!

Again this has been completely hashed in the rush to get clubs to on vote on such an important issue  in a matter of days.