The SPFL recommendation?

I'm actually more likely to give up on the spfl leagues altogether to be honest and start watching the  east of scotland or that. This has just emphasised how much of a complete shit show the spfl is from top to bottom.

Mate, you could have done that 20 odd years ago when we were getting shafted annually by the SPL. You didn’t then and you won’t now, because although this one is making up the rules as you go along too, at least this time there’s a reason for actually doing so......

Just now, Paco said:

What if the East of Scotland leagues promote teams without the season completing?

The SPFL is a members run organisation. Members will decide what happens. It’ll be interesting to see your take when this fails today and Falkirk back promoting themselves under the guise of their ‘long term goal’ of reconstruction.

I'm quite happy for us to back what's good for us. I'm not going to pretend we'll put scottish football first . The way this has all been put to clubs its now survival of the fittest unfortunately . I'd rather see all the lower league clubs pushing for change but too many are intent on taking the first offer on the table so it's time to look after number one.

1 minute ago, ribzanelli said:

Have Falkirk stated their reasons for voting no?

Yes it's not in the interests of our club fans or community. Simple as that. We're not going to vote for something that shaft us . We're quite happy to vote to end the season as it is but not with the current proposals for promotion and relegation tagged on.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Mate, you could have done that 20 odd years ago when we were getting shafted annually by the SPL. You didn’t then and you won’t now, because although this one is making up the rules as you go along too, at least this time there’s a reason for actually doing so......

Nah you can only take so much mate. By the time you reach my age and it's still happening it's time to call it a day.

Honestly, it's no surprise that Falkirk are salty that Fife counterparts would benefit and they wouldn't. The reason they want second to be bumped up or for that place to feature in a higher tier of a restructured league is because they know categorically at this point that they'd lose in the play-offs. Challenging the vote is Falkirk's best chance of either going up, or keeping Raith down. Desperate straw clutching from a joke club.

Some fans take their teams demise with dignity but this whole affair goes to show that Falkirk fans can be lumped in with the Rangers fans in the hallowed 'Lets all laugh at them greeting' section of Scottish football.

I'm quite happy for us to back what's good for us. I'm not going to pretend we'll put scottish football first . The way this has all been put to clubs its now survival of the fittest unfortunately . I'd rather see all the lower league clubs pushing for change but too many are intent on taking the first offer on the table so it's time to look after number one.

The ‘first offer on the table’ has come at the behest of the clubs. It hasn’t been plucked out of thin air.

So in short, you’re raging because second placed Falkirk won’t be promoted in this plan and clubs like Raith are looking after themselves, but if Falkirk can be promoted you hope the club look after themselves and vote for it.

And you’ve spent the last 24 hours having a go at Bill Clark for being a hypocrite...

This plan clearly isn’t passing anyway but it’s been nice to see people tying themselves in knots.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes it's not in the interests of our club fans or community. Simple as that. We're not going to vote for something that shaft us . We're quite happy to vote to end the season as it is but not with the current proposals for promotion and relegation tagged on.

So what actual difference is there to Falkirk whether Raith and Partick switch places?

Have you pressed the Falkirk board to be more honest and admit that you fancy your chances in league 1 more next season with Raith and Stranraer in it rather than Partick and Cove?

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's not shafting you. You weren't going to go up. If anything this way benefits you as you get more prize money for finishing second, as opposed to the 3rd or 4th you'd have finished had the league continued as normal.

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

You're absolutely rattled by the concept that people have an interest to see their football club not suffering which is rather bizarre.

Feel free to point out at any quotes where any Rovers fan has said the title was in the bag or hasn't considered that we might not win the league - pretty much all of our fans have been enjoying the first season in years where the players, fans and board have all  been united as one.  There were plenty of our fans questioning how we'd get on with trips away to places like Peterhead and Montrose in the final eight games with a lot of speculation it could come down to the final day. 

Everyone is perfectly clear that the current situation is 100% favourable to ourselves but given the circumstances we're top on merit at the moment.  Every single fan would ideally want for the final 8 games to be played out but that isn't going to happen given nobody has a clue when the number of cases will drop. I've said it before but any football fan would love to watch their players celebrating on the pitch with a title and being in the stand with their friends but this just isn't realistic given the pandemic.

I'm not sure what else you'd expect any Rovers fan to say in this situation?  

Whilst I agree with the majority of  your comments we've had raith fans on here trying to say they deserve to go up because they've been top for more weeks this season and all sorts of bull.  I dont want to see falkirk treated better than raith I want to see a conclusion that suits the vast majority after all other avenues have been exhausted. Clearly rushing this proposal through by blackmailing clubs to say yes so they cant get their money doesnt do that in my book.  I mean we're getting clubs coming out with proposals now on how to deal with the whole thing. It needs proper consultation and not a here you go like it or lump it approach.

4 minutes ago, Paco said:

The ‘first offer on the table’ has come at the behest of the clubs. It hasn’t been plucked out of thin air.

So in short, you’re raging because second placed Falkirk won’t be promoted in this plan and clubs like Raith are looking after themselves, but if Falkirk can be promoted you hope the club look after themselves and vote for it.

And you’ve spent the last 24 hours having a go at Bill Clark for being a hypocrite...

This plan clearly isn’t passing anyway but it’s been nice to see people tying themselves in knots.

I'm not a hypocrite I'm telling you how it goes. Bill clarke is pretending it's about scottish football when it's about raith first and foremost quite rightly. I've got no problem with him voting yes. It's the best solution for raith.  Dont paint it as being about scottish football first though like he has in his sky interview.

Feel free to point out at any quotes where any Rovers fan has said the title was in the bag or hasn't considered that we might not win the league - pretty much all of our fans have been enjoying the first season in years where the players, fans and board have all  been united as one.  There were plenty of our fans questioning how we'd get on with trips away to places like Peterhead and Montrose in the final eight games with a lot of speculation it could come down to the final day. 
Everyone is perfectly clear that the current situation is 100% favourable to ourselves but given the circumstances we're top on merit at the moment.  Every single fan would ideally want for the final 8 games to be played out but that isn't going to happen given nobody has a clue when the number of cases will drop. I've said it before but any football fan would love to watch their players celebrating on the pitch with a title and being in the stand with their friends but this just isn't realistic given the pandemic.
I'm not sure what else you'd expect any Rovers fan to say in this situation?  

Before all this I agree. I don’t recall many Raith fans thinking/saying the title was won.
Since? Go on your own thread. The tone is generally now one that Raith would have won the title, choosing to ignore how tight a league it is, and that it would have been a case of throwing it away if they hadn’t. With very little recognition of lack of fairness if the outcome is to give the title to them.
There’s no fair way to do, at least you seem to recognise this. Others strangely don’t seem as keen to concede this.
*See the guy who said that it would just be a little unfair if Raith were given it or one who said it would have taken Raith bottling it for someone else to be able to win it (sorry to whoever said those for going back to them - I can’t be bothered picking other examples out).

It's not shafting you. You weren't going to go up. If anything this way benefits you as you get more prize money for finishing second, as opposed to the 3rd or 4th you'd have finished had the league continued as normal.

Your fishing attempts are truly shite......

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Whilst I agree with the majority of  your comments we've had raith fans on here trying to say they deserve to go up because they've been top for more weeks this season and all sorts of bull.  I dont want to see falkirk treated better than raith I want to see a conclusion that suits the vast majority after all other avenues have been exhausted. Clearly rushing this proposal through by blackmailing clubs to say yes so they cant get their money doesnt do that in my book.  I mean we're getting clubs coming out with proposals now on how to deal with the whole thing. It needs proper consultation and not a here you go like it or lump it approach.

I think you're looking for a proposal that suits a slightly bigger minority, rather than the majority.

We do agree about one thing though and that's whether it's all worthwhile.

8 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Honestly, it's no surprise that Falkirk are salty that Fife counterparts would benefit and they wouldn't. The reason they want second to be bumped up or for that place to feature in a higher tier of a restructured league is because they know categorically at this point that they'd lose in the play-offs. Challenging the vote is Falkirk's best chance of either going up, or keeping Raith down. Desperate straw clutching from a joke club.

Some fans take their teams demise with dignity but this whole affair goes to show that Falkirk fans can be lumped in with the Rangers fans in the hallowed 'Lets all laugh at them greeting' section of Scottish football.

Falkirk a joke club and this coming from a clyde fan. Hilarious stuff.  Vote could easily be no and then we'll see who the joke club is. Wont be us going down the shitter due to not having the pitiful league one prize money handed over early.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think you're looking for a proposal that suits a slightly bigger minority, rather than the majority.

We do agree about one thing though and that's whether it's all worthwhile.

The vast majority are only bothered about getting their cash now to be honest.  What happens after that is neither here nor there to a lot of them

It seems like the key votes will be the clubs sitting in or near promotion play-off positions and whether they seriously think the season could be played to a conclusion at some point. I think most clubs will want the clarity of the season ending and next season hopefully being relatively normal. The likes of ourselves, Montrose and East Fife would probably all have fancied ourselves in the play-offs, but realistically the season is extremely unlikely to be completed, and then even if it was able to be played promotion through play-offs is still a long shot. The accumulated odds of those things happening in any one club's favour are tiny. Is it worth the risk for those clubs to vote No and continue months of limbo and financial uncertainly for a very long shot of promotion? And there's not really any other solution on the cards that would see these clubs benefit directly, therefore I can't really see what the reason for voting No would be for a club like ours.

I'll stick my neck out and say we'll vote for it (and probably have egg on my face at 6pm...)

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

3 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

It seems like the key votes will be the clubs sitting in or near promotion play-off positions and whether they seriously think the season could be played to a conclusion at some point. I think most clubs will want the clarity of the season ending and next season hopefully being relatively normal. The likes of ourselves, Montrose and East Fife would probably all have fancied ourselves in the play-offs, but realistically the season is extremely unlikely to be completed, and then even if it was able to be played promotion through play-offs is still a long shot. The accumulated odds of those things happening in any one club's favour are tiny. Is it worth the risk for those clubs to vote No and continue months of limbo and financial uncertainly for a very long shot of promotion? And there's not really any other solution on the cards that would see these clubs benefit directly, therefore I can't really see what the reason for voting No would be for a club like ours.

I'll stick my neck out and say we'll vote for it (and probably have egg on my face at 6pm...)

You think we'll find out today?

I imagine the SPFL already has a pretty decent nose count of where everyone stands, one way or the other already.

Just now, Diamonds are Forever said:

It seems like the key votes will be the clubs sitting in or near promotion play-off positions and whether they seriously think the season could be played to a conclusion at some point. I think most clubs will want the clarity of the season ending and next season hopefully being relatively normal. The likes of ourselves, Montrose and East Fife would probably all have fancied ourselves in the play-offs, but realistically the season is extremely unlikely to be completed, and then even if it was able to be played promotion through play-offs is still a long shot. The accumulated odds of those thing happening in any one club's favour are tiny. Is it worth the risk for those clubs to vote No and continue months of limbo and financial problems for a very long shot of promotion? And there's not really any other solution on the cards that would see these clubs benefit directly, therefore I can't really see what the reason for voting No would be for a club like ours.

Virtually every club is agreeing that the league will need to finish now. The major disagreements are on the issues caused by that and how to deal with it. That needs more discussion and that has been the reasons why a lot of the no clubs have come to that conclusion it  would seem. You'd think under the circumstances an agreement could be put forward to end the season with no agreement yet on promotion, relegation etc. The money can then get distributed and then begins a good proper discussion on what happens next.