The SPFL recommendation?

3 minutes ago, Yoss said:

If we were second we'd be unaffected either way, so I can't see any particular reason we'd be against it.

I don't believe we'd be voting for it if we were in Partick's position though, no, and I would hope he's not going to pretend we would.

How would you be unaffected? You wouldnt be getting promotion for starters  though your only a point behind with 8 games to go including a final game at starks park and a huge advantage in goal difference  if you switch the situation completely.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How would you be unaffected? You wouldnt be getting promotion for starters  though your only a point behind with 8 games to go including a final game at starks park and a huge advantage in goal difference  if you switch the situation completely.

We wouldn't be getting promoted either way. We'd be second and would not be getting the chance to improve on it.

Just now, Yoss said:

We wouldn't be getting promoted either way. We'd be second and would not be getting the chance to improve on it.

Yeah and your chairman would be happy with that. Come on. As san starko says raith would be raging  quite rightly.

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Queen of the South voting to end as is, no shock there while they're sitting in 9th place.  

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4994

Another trying to pretend that self interest has no influence on their decision. You could write their press releases for them it's that obvious what theyre going to say.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Another trying to pretend that self interest has no influence on their decision. You could write their press releases for them it's that obvious what theyre going to say.

I agree and that why I said your fans and club would be no different, I can guarantee the clubs sat 8/9 will all vote to end the season as it will protect them from relegation as will the teams in first fro promotion and also Brechin again self preservation.  Every team will vote for what is best for them and then dress it up as being what's best for the game.  

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah and your chairman would be happy with that. Come on. As san starko says raith would be raging  quite rightly.

I don't see that. We'd obviously be disappointed with the way it had worked out and the point we'd reached - but given the point we had reached, we'd be entirely unaffected by whether or not it was Falkirk or Partick who were with us in League One next season.

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I agree and that why I said your fans and club would be no different, I can guarantee the clubs sat 8/9 will all vote to end the season as it will protect them from relegation as will the teams in first fro promotion and also Brechin again self preservation.  Every team will vote for what is best for them and then dress it up as being what's best for the game.  

That's what really gets my goat is that not one of these clubs has the balls to come out and say we're voting yes because it suits us. This vote is all about self preservation and whilst I disagree with the current proposal I dont expect clubs to vote to make themselves worse. It's just a shame they wont admit that's why their voting the way they are and not because of some fairytale way of saving scottish football.

https://giphy.com/gifs/qH7J4EXzSCmBy/html5

Well, since we're busy beating this dead horse into the ground, I'll try a distraction.

What is the correct rule to be added to the SPFL book to handle a shutdown like this? I'll start...

Rule) In the case of football being shutdown by Government action, Acts of God, or any similar situation, the following shall apply as of June 30th of each year:

1) In the case of less than 50% of scheduled games having been completed for all teams, the season shall be considered null and void. All teams shall remain in their present position, available prize monies shall be distributed across each division, based on the total percentage of the lump sum of the available monies being allocated, in total, to each division for finishing positions. This sum shall be divided equally between all competing teams in that division. (Celtic would never accept it, but...)

2) In the case of at least 50%, but not 75% of scheduled games having been completed for all teams, and as long as each team has played each other team at least once home and away,  the season shall be decided based upon the standings calculated when taking the results from the first home and away head to head meeting of each team in the division. All other results shall be discarded for this calulation.

3) In the case of at least 75% of scheduled games having been completed for all teams, regardless of if a third and/or fourth yearly meeting between teams has occured, then the final league stadnings shall be calculated by allocating each team their average points earned for a home game or an away game, calulated separately, for each of their remaining unplayed games.

You can probably predict which way 90% will vote by looking at the table, the only clubs that'll vote without bias will be the likes of Clyde and Dumbarton who have no vested interest either way as they're safe from relegation and no chance of promotion.  The rest will vote for what is in their interest.   

17 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I think our statement is in all honesty saying that very thing. We need the payments 

Its shocking that clubs are being forced to vote for something simply to survive. The priority should be getting cash out to clubs that need it now. What happens regarding promotions and relegation can then be discussed as a separate issue with clubs not having to vote simply because they need cash.

Back kick, the goalie would be a back kick.
Some of the old diddies on here will be along in a minute to tell you a back kick is a full back. It might've been in their day, but a goalkeeper who doubled as an outfield player was a back kick.
FACT!

Backie surely!

20 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

You can probably predict which way 90% will vote by looking at the table, the only clubs that'll vote without bias will be the likes of Clyde and Dumbarton who have no vested interest either way as they're safe from relegation and no chance of promotion.  The rest will vote for what is in their interest.   

Even Clyde and Dumbarton will be biased, as everything revolves around money. The proposal, as it is, would see us both welcoming Falkirk and Partick Thistle on four occasions next season. Both teams will be tripping over themselves to have that cash coming in.

That's why this whole thing is a nonsense. The problem is, so would any other suggested solution.

38 minutes ago, David W said:

Even Clyde and Dumbarton will be biased, as everything revolves around money. The proposal, as it is, would see us both welcoming Falkirk and Partick Thistle on four occasions next season. Both teams will be tripping over themselves to have that cash coming in.

That's why this whole thing is a nonsense. The problem is, so would any other suggested solution.

Welcoming them assuming there is no reconstruction bolted on later (if that’s possible) otherwise we’d be bumped back down again like the last 2 occasions. Typically that’s what will probably happen knowing us

9 hours ago, stevoraith said:

The folk that still think we can complete this season are the same folk that will be down Portobello beach with a BBQ on Sunday.

A lot has changed since February 10th, expect a lot more to have changed by June 10th, especially when not just your own but the global economy is failing.

Once business restarts there will be no reason for sport to do any different.