The SPFL recommendation?

1 minute ago, pantene proV said:

You can't void the season, there'd be no European competitions next season as no-one completed their fixtures.

Would say the chances of euro football comps taking place are very slim anyway.  Going to take months to get domestic stuff back up and running never mind teams moving between countries. Might no be any until 21/22.

Thing is even with reconstruction its got to be put to a vote and with an 11 to 1 voting structure thats never going to go through either well not for the Premiership its what it means for clubs outwith the premiership how much of a shafting do they have to take.
If it was actually an 11-1 voting structure on everything then this wouldn't go through, because Hearts and Rangers are both against it. In fact, the 11-1 is only for a small handful of issues.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:
41 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:
Thing is even with reconstruction its got to be put to a vote and with an 11 to 1 voting structure thats never going to go through either well not for the Premiership its what it means for clubs outwith the premiership how much of a shafting do they have to take.

If it was actually an 11-1 voting structure on everything then this wouldn't go through, because Hearts and Rangers are both against it. In fact, the 11-1 is only for a small handful of issues.

Yeah but he's talking about reconstruction which is one of those where they need 11 to 1 do they not?

In the same way that a broken clock is right twice a day, the Cockwomble has probably got this about as right as possible in the event we can't play out the season. If he's using it as leverage to get the Glasgow Colts in though, he can feck right off.

From a selfish point of view - Thistle down, Cove up, and Falkirk having to do the seaside again?  Yes please.

(I suspect there will be a lot of legal teams not agreeing, mind you)

Edited by Scorge

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Raith boy seems to think at least 3 in league one will vote no. Another 3 would be needed to knock it dead.

It only needs the teams in the playoff places of league one and two to vote no. Irrespective of any of the relegation threatened teams. 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's why they should be sticking together and along with the likes of rangers, partick and hearts saying give us prize money now and then let's talk. Better than risking a vote the now and no winning. Then still no prize money.

Holy shit, we get it that your thoughts are give out some of the prize money now. You’ve said this about 10 times in this thread.

im pretty sure I read if the league is null and void then sponsors etc would look to get money back because essentially no season took place. If that’s the case I’m sure that would also mean that no prize money can be given out as there’s no final table positions. Maybe split the whole lot between all clubs but given there’s technically no season been played I don’t know how they’d get round it. Either way how this season ends, there are going to be numerous clubs who will feel hard done by, no chance of the SPFL winning in any scenario that gets decided. Rushing in to a restructure of the leagues is a terrible idea in my opinion. 

Ok, leagues 1 & 2 are collectively required to give a 75%  vote for this proposal. So that requires 5 of clubs to say "no" to knock this proposal out.

Falkirk & Stranraer, for obvious reasons. Would imagine Edinburgh City would be against it. Airdrie & Montrose probably, realistically would have too much to do for promotion.

Finally, would East Fife be for these proposals, knowing our 2 home games with Raith are sell outs?

There is no easy or right answer to this unfortunately. Best solution in my view would be to finish the season whenever it is possible and then have a shorter season next time round. However, this brings in questions about what should be done about transfer windows, player contracts and the like which I suspect would be the big stumbling blocks to this.  You can’t have teams in better financial positions (if there will be any after this) throwing around money and buying their way to a better league position in the remaining 8 or 9 games, even taking for example, players from their closest league rivals just to weaken them. 
If the current proposal is voted out, I think   League reconstruction is inevitable. 

9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Most players contracts dont run out till the end of June.  Season normally doesnt finish till may.  Theres no need to decide on this for at least another month minimum.  Pay out the minimum prize money per league and then thrash out a more concrete plan over the next month and a half.  Probably more chance of the vote going through if clubs know what exactly is on the table instead of some mythical idea about reconstruction.

Most players’ contracts end at the end of May: this isn’t the English Premiership. There is no prospect of fulfilling all outstanding fixtures before then so the decision can and should be taken now to call the three lower leagues.

Just now, virginton said:

Most players’ contracts end at the end of May: this isn’t the English Premiership. There is no prospect of fulfilling all outstanding fixtures before then so the decision can and should be taken now to call the three lower leagues.

It was a lower league  player that told me most players contracts end at the end of june but what would he know?

4 hours ago, sydney said:

There is no easy or right answer to this unfortunately. Best solution in my view would be to finish the season whenever it is possible and then have a shorter season next time round. However, this brings in questions about what should be done about transfer windows, player contracts and the like which I suspect would be the big stumbling blocks to this.  You can’t have teams in better financial positions (if there will be any after this) throwing around money and buying their way to a better league position in the remaining 8 or 9 games, even taking for example, players from their closest league rivals just to weaken them. 
If the current proposal is voted out, I think   League reconstruction is inevitable. 

It’s bizarre that people get so hung up about the chance of a bigger club nicking their players rather than the existential financial threat that turning next season into a diddy format entails. If you wait most of the year to complete these fixtures and go for an 18 game campaign for 20/21, you are asking clubs to waive up front 50% of their income for next season, at a time when there will be no government support forthcoming either. That is suicide rather than a credible solution.

Thankfully there are at least some adults at the table who recognise that there is no point obsessing about playing a set of largely dead rubber fixtures, when they can instead draw a line under this mess without bankrupting half the league.

Edited by vikingTON

6 hours ago, Holy Marv said:

Holy shit, we get it that your thoughts are give out some of the prize money now. You’ve said this about 10 times in this thread.

im pretty sure I read if the league is null and void then sponsors etc would look to get money back because essentially no season took place. If that’s the case I’m sure that would also mean that no prize money can be given out as there’s no final table positions. Maybe split the whole lot between all clubs but given there’s technically no season been played I don’t know how they’d get round it. Either way how this season ends, there are going to be numerous clubs who will feel hard done by, no chance of the SPFL winning in any scenario that gets decided. Rushing in to a restructure of the leagues is a terrible idea in my opinion. 

I'm still saying it because I'm waiting for someone to give me a reason why it cant happen.I'm not saying null and void it I'm saying pay out prize money and then discuss things properly over a number of weeks before going back to the table with a proper proposal for clubs to vote on.  At the moment clubs are voting on a proposal put to them in a 2hr video conference under the pressure of being told vote yes and you'll get your prize money. The two dont have to be linked especially if  you give out the  minimum amount in every league.

9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly why clubs should hold out then.  If the spfl are bluffing about reconstruction then clubs should push for prize money just now but no vote till league reconstruction is confirmed. As hearts, rangers and partick have said there is no reason for prize money to be  dependant on a yes vote.  To me I would be very surprised if this vote goes through if league reconstruction is as u say not on the table at all.

Theres been multiple meetings between the 42 clubs over the past few weeks, and this is the proposal theyve put forward.

If there was a chance of "waiting" to play the fixtures, theyd have done it.

It was a lower league  player that told me most players contracts end at the end of june but what would he know?
Contracts run from 1st of july for 52 weeks to the 30th of June if signed for a season.

Clubs will have budgeted to pay players up till then, if not they have an idiot in charge of them. I know money coming in covers alot of that ongoing but they still know that they need to pay it off to then (maybe with furlough help)

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres been multiple meetings between the 42 clubs over the past few weeks, and this is the proposal theyve put forward.

If there was a chance of "waiting" to play the fixtures, theyd have done it.

The proposal was put forward by the spfl board for the clubs to vote on and not the clubs themselves.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The proposal was put forward by the spfl board for the clubs to vote on and not the clubs themselves.

After theyd already all held multiple meetings with the clubs, the first of which was on the 27th March.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

After theyd already all held multiple meetings with the clubs, the first of which was on the 27th March.

So what happens if this vote is knocked back? No prize money for a good while yet?  Does the vote include the top flight as a proposal just not set in stone like the other 3 leagues then?

11 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Contracts run from 1st of july for 52 weeks to the 30th of June if signed for a season.

Clubs will have budgeted to pay players up till then, if not they have an idiot in charge of them. I know money coming in covers alot of that ongoing but they still know that they need to pay it off to then (maybe with furlough help)

Very few, if any, contracts will run like that in the SPFL. No idea where you're getting that from. Plenty of lower league clubs have contracts that end shortly after the season does so that they don't need to keep paying players they no longer want for more than is necessary.

Dumbarton for example assembled a squad so late that they had to cancel some pre-season friendlies because they didn't have enough players.

Take a look at the link below showing when our squad was signed:

https://www.dafc.co.uk/people.php?SID=First+Team

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Very few, if any, contracts will run like that in the SPFL. No idea where you're getting that from. Plenty of lower league clubs have contracts that end shortly after the season does so that they don't need to keep paying players they no longer want for more than is necessary.

Dumbarton for example assembled a squad so late that they had to cancel some pre-season friendlies because they didn't have enough players.

Take a look at the link below showing when our squad was signed:

https://www.dafc.co.uk/people.php?SID=First+Team

Again I was going on what a lower league player told me in a discussion on this same topic.