The SPFL recommendation?

Just now, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Was it not Falkirk who benefitted by refusing to bring their stadium up to the criteria required for promotion to the top league while a few others hit financial problems as a result of a bit of ambition? 

No.

2 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Was it not Falkirk who benefitted by refusing to bring their stadium up to the criteria required for promotion to the top league while a few others hit financial problems as a result of a bit of ambition? 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No.

Yes.

That's ancient history though.

Just now, Yoss said:

Yes.

Complete tosh. If we had spent the 10 or 12 million on players we needed to upgrade brockville to 10k seats we would have been challenging for the premier league title not stuck in the championship.😂😂

Falkirk were also spared relegation to the seaside leagues as a result of Airdrieonians going bust and the league deciding to keep the 9th placed team up rather than giving a team from the league below a chance to play at a higher level. A fact that they don't tend to mention when constructing their tragic, Liverpool-esque sense of injustice.

I know it’s only a football forum but some of the comments on here are unbelievable. Frankly at this point I don’t care what division we will be in next season. I’ll just be happy if we still have a club and all the supporters

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Falkirk were also spared relegation to the seaside leagues as a result of Airdrieonians going bust and the league deciding to keep the 9th placed team up rather than giving a team from the league below a chance to play at a higher level. A fact that they don't tend to mention when constructing their tragic, Liverpool-esque sense of injustice.

I bet they all felt terrible for the team that didn't come up and didn't gleefully accept the stroke of luck at another team's expense. 

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

Our one spot of luck.  We deserved to go down that season as we were awful although some how not as bad as raith rovers who kept us up by being  truly dreadful. To be honest I wouldnt want to see any team going bust and would quite willingly have seen us relegated and them continuing on as a club. Unfortunately their financial mismanagement meant that didn't happen.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Raith rovers voted for reconstruction the last time knowing it could relegate us Mr Ian Watt if memory serves me correct voted for it and what happens we get relegated. I agree it wont be fair so you have to have no relegation and promote the top 2 out of each league.
Most teams wont have a team to field after june 10th and our chairman states 3 clubs he knows of wont have a team .

16 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I know it’s only a football forum but some of the comments on here are unbelievable. Frankly at this point I don’t care what division we will be in next season. I’ll just be happy if we still have a club and all the supporters

BUT WHIT ABOUT 9IAR!!!!!?!?!?!?!!?!?

If this is what happens it happens. We only have ourselves to blame for where we are. We probably would have scraped over the line IMO but no joy in winning this league for me, certainly not the way we have played all season.

This is typical of Scottish football another half baked solution.

49 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Yes.

League reconstruction was one of the reason we didnt go up if i mind right they gave Motherwell a vote on whether they should be relegated or not, then there was the stadium criteria which at the time was 10 000 seats which then went down to 6000 (over time albeit) then there was the refusal to allow us to groundshare whilst the stadium was being built then the following season allowed ICT to play at Pittodrie

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So not only would Falkirk be denied a strong chance of promotion, but they'd also be joined in the 3rd tier by a big club coming down?

It's a Yes from me.

I thought partick were the ones getting relegated?

Sevco released a statement on it actually quite good considering:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11970634/rangers-criticise-spfl-proposal-to-end-leagues-below-premiership-early-as-abhorrent

We are also acutely aware of other issues which are less pressing but, are forming key parts of the football narrative in Scotland. Nothing is more important than protecting the future of every club in Scotland as we are cognisant that this has a direct impact upon people’s livelihoods. It is abhorrent that certain clubs could be unfairly relegated if the current SPFL proposals were implemented. We must future proof the Scottish game.

Any restructure of the SPFL or other solutions to the current impasse must be afforded time to scrutinise in detail and consider all options. The consequences of forcing through change without due care and attention will have severe consequences for the Scottish game.

Scottish football must work together for the common good of every club, their staff and supporters. Any attempts to railroad changes to existing rules or run roughshod over corporate governance will be opposed in the strongest possible terms. We must allow decisions to be made in a rational, fair and balanced manner.

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

League reconstruction was one of the reason we didnt go up if i mind right they gave Motherwell a vote on whether they should be relegated or not, then there was the stadium criteria which at the time was 10 000 seats which then went down to 6000 (over time albeit) then there was the refusal to allow us to groundshare whilst the stadium was being built then the following season allowed ICT to play at Pittodrie

The worst was the year we came second to dundee and had to give up our playoff spot for a poultry  250k when they changed the rules mid season.  Dundee went up and were given a year to sort out  their stadium something we were never given.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The worst was the year we came second to dundee and had to give up our playoff spot for a poultry  250k when they changed the rules mid season.  Dundee went up and were given a year to sort out  their stadium something we were never given.

Chicken feed I'd call it.

Partick have already stated they wont be voting in favour of calling an end to the season you have 3 clubs in play off spots so theres your 75 per cent of each league to vote in favour gone out the window then you have Stranraer to accept relegation and anyone of Montrose, Falkirk, East Fife and Airdrie to ignore any play off or indeed League Winners so thats league one voting against it

and with the reconstruction is it a precondition for accepting the league table as they stand.

Edited by AL-FFC