Vote on Curtailment of the season

54 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Does anyone know how these club representatives are appointed to be on this group? Is it from volunteering clubs who wish to take part ? 

I suppose our own Jim Brown and Cove's John Sheran are on it because City and Cove are the two clubs who have come into the League via the play-offs and bring that experience to the table.

58 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Does anyone know how these club representatives are appointed to be on this group? Is it from volunteering clubs who wish to take part ? 

These are the ones who have just sat in the corner and nodded along . ..............Or woke up abruptly when the blackboard duster hit them . 

14 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I suppose our own Jim Brown and Cove's John Sheran are on it because City and Cove are the two clubs who have come into the League via the play-offs and bring that experience to the table.

And are supported by the lowland and highland league reps. Pretty clear what the outcome will be for league 2. So much for fairness to all clubs pish. When the clubs are financially on their knees they will introduce automatic relegation next season.

20 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

And are supported by the lowland and highland league reps. Pretty clear what the outcome will be for league 2. So much for fairness to all clubs pish. When the clubs are financially on their knees they will introduce automatic relegation next season.

I have no problem with that tbh, even if it was City to go down.

Brechin getting it tight on social media because we’ve been spared of relegation and think there is a conspiracy theory because Ken Ferguson is on the SPFL committee.

Presumably he recused himself from all discussions on ending the season?

Quite surprisingly, I’m also seeing a number of pundits who are supposed to know a lot about our game very confused as to why we haven’t been tarred with the same brush as Partick and Stranraer (and likely Hearts).

Are these people aware that there is a playoff system at the bottom of league 2 and not automatic relegation?

So when are these taking place?

Do lower league clubs have the final say in whether or not Colts get in?  If so I feel happier that it wont happen.

Technically they do, but when I’ve complained to our Chairman about colts in the Challenge Cup his reply was that while none of the lower league clubs wanted this they were told that that was the price of the group stage in the League Cup.

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

A group that big will struggle to decide what day it is never mind figure out a proposal that will get enough votes.

Good!

Hopefully a decision then in the best interests of Scottish football as a whole and not just to save Hearts and Thistle from relegation!

Edited by The man with no name

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Technically they do, but when I’ve complained to our Chairman about colts in the Challenge Cup his reply was that while none of the lower league clubs wanted this they were told that that was the price of the group stage in the League Cup.

Thanks.  Maybe its just the Cup that lower level teams cant control.  Lets hope

According to Anne Budge on the radio today, they are only looking at reconstruction for the short term so that the ending of the season is fair to all and in recognition that next season is likely to be different. If teams want to adopt what they come up with long term then that’s up to them. In otherwise save Hearts, Partick and Stranraer and promote Kelty and Brora. My problem if they vote to lose the extra teams the following season it could leave my own and other clubs vulnerable if they happen to have a bad year that particular season. 

25 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

According to Anne Budge on the radio today, they are only looking at reconstruction for the short term so that the ending of the season is fair to all and in recognition that next season is likely to be different. If teams want to adopt what they come up with long term then that’s up to them. In otherwise save Hearts, Partick and Stranraer and promote Kelty and Brora. My problem if they vote to lose the extra teams the following season it could leave my own and other clubs vulnerable if they happen to have a bad year that particular season. 

If they go for 14 teams in the premier for only a couple of seasons they can operate promotion and relegation within the SPFL until the split is 12, 10, 11 and 11. Then go back to the old promotions, relegations and playoffs .

36 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

If they go for 14 teams in the premier for only a couple of seasons they can operate promotion and relegation within the SPFL until the split is 12, 10, 11 and 11. Then go back to the old promotions, relegations and playoffs .

The Aberdeen chairman advocates change for one year only, then back to where we were. Save our Hearts!