Vote on Curtailment of the season

I think you misunderstood my post.
my point is  there should be no automatic Promotion until the West is fully integrated and a National league is formed.
at the moment the lowland league has teams who are poor and inferior to teams who came over from the juniors and are in leagues below so until lowland highland west are combined into a National league, there is no case to support automatic promotion.
in addition, a decision will have to be had re Colts as Rangers and others want their teams in the new West league.

If the Lowland League is so weak how come East Stirling have yet to mount anything close to a title challenge & Berwick Rangers finished this season in 12th place failing to finish as even the 'best club in the Borders'? Also refer to how Edibburgh City have faired since promotion. The Lowland League shouldn't be punished for the juniors having in the past buried their collective heads in the sand until the past few years or so.

A 5th national tier is a non-starter for logistical & practical reasons. Besides we all saw the utter back of napkin 'SPFL3' idea doing the rounds a while back.

42 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

The lowland league have decided no relegation this season so don’t think they have anything to moan about.

It's possible for there to be no relegation in a normal season anyway, e.g. if Kelty beat Brechin in the play-off.

13 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I think you misunderstood my post.

my point is  there should be no automatic Promotion until the West is fully integrated and a National league is formed.

at the moment the lowland league has teams who are poor and inferior to teams who came over from the juniors and are in leagues below so until lowland highland west are combined into a National league, there is no case to support automatic promotion.

in addition, a decision will have to be had re Colts as Rangers and others want their teams in the new West league.

The SPFL is the national league already, why do we need a fifth national division?

League Two also has teams who are poor and possibly inferior to teams who came over from the juniors (see: Cowdenbeath and Stenhousemuir in the Scottish Cup).

13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It's possible for there to be no relegation in a normal season anyway, e.g. if Kelty beat Brechin in the play-off.

The SPFL is the national league already, why do we need a fifth national division?

League Two also has teams who are poor and possibly inferior to teams who came over from the juniors (see: Cowdenbeath and Stenhousemuir in the Scottish Cup).

Cowdenbeath beat Raith in last seasons Betfred so we should be getting promoted to the Championship now ?

I don't agree with the decision. I think it is still too early, but if it wasn't for the small band of mostly volunteers running Cowden, the club more than likely would not exist and if they think it is the right decision then I back them 100%.

As for Doncaster and co. They are an utter embarrassment. They should be punted, like some of these clueless sheep in the government. How can they mismanage such a small and simple ballot? Now we may have league reconstruction (not that I am against this). However, it is not for the right reason. The sole purpose of it being to suit the Premiership, namely Hearts and rush it in.

The lockdown was to stop the NHS from being overrun. This is working. A lengthy lockdown isn't realistic for all sorts of reasons.  Wintertime is when respiratory viruses are at their worst in the UK and it will spread more then than now. Are we going to shutdown again then? That's why I think this season should have been given more time to be finished. It has been cut short and, judging by the efforts of our government, next season will probably involve some form of shutdown as well. If it is even allowed to start.

Doncaster and co seem to think that as long as we are in place to start next season everything will be hunky-dory.

Edited by PELE

49 minutes ago, PELE said:

I don't agree with the decision. I think it is still too early, but if it wasn't for the small band of mostly volunteers running Cowden, the club more than likely would not exist and if they think it is the right decision then I back them 100%.

As for Doncaster and co. They are an utter embarrassment. They should be punted, like some of these clueless sheep in the government. How can they mismanage such a small and simple ballot? Now we may have league reconstruction (not that I am against this). However, it is not for the right reason. The sole purpose of it being to suit the Premiership, namely Hearts and rush it in.

The lockdown was to stop the NHS from being overrun. This is working. A lengthy lockdown isn't realistic for all sorts of reasons.  Wintertime is when respiratory viruses are at their worst in the UK and it will spread more then than now. Are we going to shutdown again then? That's why I think this season should have been given more time to be finished. It has been cut short and, judging by the efforts of our government, next season will probably involve some form of shutdown as well. If it is even allowed to start.

Doncaster and co seem to think that as long as we are in place to start next season everything will be hunky-dory.

The problem with finishing the season would have been the massive number of contracts expiring at this level. If clubs are left with hardly any players, had to complete the remaining games, and didn't know what league they'd be playing in beyond that, what are they supposed to do? Guys aren't going to want eight week contracts, but they're going to want to know what they're signing up for, for the the following full season. 

Two things are needed by clubs. Money and clarity about what league they'll be playing in. Only on that basis can they even begin to plan for next season, whenever that may be.  August seems wildly optimistic. 

8 minutes ago, gogsy said:

11-1 would be Premiership clubs? Have the lower league clubs shown any inclination that they would welcome colts teams into the SPFL?

Do lower league clubs have the final say in whether or not Colts get in?  If so I feel happier that it wont happen.

18 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

It’s a member organisation, or so they keep telling us, so each club will have a vote.

I think votes are heavily weighted in favour of the Premiership teams, think it is four votes each in the premiership, three for championship, two for League one and one in league two, something along those lines.

I think votes are heavily weighted in favour of the Premiership teams, think it is four votes each in the premiership, three for championship, two for League one and one in league two, something along those lines.

It is nothing along those lines

Restructuring the 42 same rules as per the recent Ordinary Resolution apply

Restructuring including increasing the number of teams in the League = 3 stage voting process. 1) Premier must have 90% in favour (11 clubs out of 12); 2) Premier and Championship must vote 75% in favour (17 out of 22); 3. All clubs must vote 75% in favour (32 out of 42)

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Restructuring including increasing the number of teams in the League = 3 stage voting process. 1) Premier must have 90% in favour (11 clubs out of 12); 2) Premier and Championship must vote 75% in favour (17 out of 22); 3. All clubs must vote 75% in favour (32 out of 42)

In the recent vote was the Premier League not 10-1 with one club not voting.

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Fair enough, I must be thinking of an old set up.

2 hours ago, The man with no name said:

In the recent vote was the Premier League not 10-1 with one club not voting.

So - it was an Ordinary Resolution thus 75% of premier, 75% of championship clubs and 75% of L1/2 combined had to vote in favour in 3 separate constituencies.  Premier voted 10-2 in favour thus passed the 75% threshold 

14 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Cowdenbeath beat Raith in last seasons Betfred so we should be getting promoted to the Championship now ?

No, I was just pointing out that League Two also has poor teams who are inferior to those who came over from the juniors.

But you didn't answer the question of why we need a fifth national division?

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

No, I was just pointing out that League Two also has poor teams who are inferior to those who came over from the juniors.

But you didn't answer the question of why we need a fifth national division?

It seems to work well in England but I think there is FA funding for those Clubs.

would it not make sense to have highland, lowland, west, south all feeding into a National League then automatic promotion to SPFL rather than a plethora of play offs to reach a play off. Would also provide a better landing spot for SPFL clubs. Brechin potentially going to the Highland League was nonsensical .