Vote on Curtailment of the season

Talks have broken down - I am absolutely gutted

i was hoping that hearts would be declared premier league winners. 

Kelty,Brora, Bonnyrigg, east Stirlingshire, East Kilbride, BSC Glasgow and a pub team from the Galápagos Islands would be added to the premier league next year. Rangers would have sole control of Scottish football.

i wanted:

premier league - 18 and a half teams

Championship - 11 and a half teams

league 1 - 2 teams (play each other 36 times per season - top 2 promoted)

league 2 - 10 teams - all relegated at end of season

Randomly chosen Kelty supporter chooses which 10 teams join league 2 each year

the last few weeks have shown Scottish football be be absolutely Micky mouse. Shameful, pathetic

words fail me

13 minutes ago, true fan said:

Talks have broken down - I am absolutely gutted

i was hoping that hearts would be declared premier league winners. 

Kelty,Brora, Bonnyrigg, east Stirlingshire, East Kilbride, BSC Glasgow and a pub team from the Galápagos Islands would be added to the premier league next year. Rangers would have sole control of Scottish football.

i wanted:

premier league - 18 and a half teams

Championship - 11 and a half teams

league 1 - 2 teams (play each other 36 times per season - top 2 promoted)

league 2 - 10 teams - all relegated at end of season

Randomly chosen Kelty supporter chooses which 10 teams join league 2 each year

the last few weeks have shown Scottish football be be absolutely Micky mouse. Shameful, pathetic

words fail me

What a strange post.

4 hours ago, gogsy said:

Fine? Your scrabbling along with crowds  that barely reach 300 relying on money from SPFl at end of season and getting drawn against a big team in the Bet Fred cup. To quote the spiel on  club 135 "We have effectively been in a ‘Save Cowdenbeath FC mode’ for a number of years now" That's hardly doing fine"

Relying on money from the spfl.?

you mean a ridiculous share from a company of which we are a member. Does Richard Branson rely on a handout from Virgin, the parasite.

The top 12 have decided they don’t want to reduce the 82.5% they take from the company.  
The top 12 are a cartel and if any of them truly cared about Scottish Football, they would share the money better giving  more to lower leagues and  include Lowland and Highland league in that then we could have a proper pyramid.
Seems to work in England.

3 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

The top 12 are a cartel and if any of them truly cared about Scottish Football, they would share the money better giving  more to lower leagues and  include Lowland and Highland league in that then we could have a proper pyramid.

Very true.  The share of the money the 2nd division teams receive is disgustingly poor!   It's like we're an after thought, throw us some of their loose change.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

A short version update on all 42 clubs. Albion Rovers look good to get through, Elgin City not so.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52083179

Not entirely sure how you can draw that conclusion.

You would need to have some clue as to outgoings, and the state of the club's finances before lock-down started to even begin to be able to hypothesise at any club's survival.  I think Graham Tatters was being incredibly honest when he said the club would be "finished in three months" if furlough was ended.  I'd suspect many clubs in Scotland are in the same boat.

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Yes they are, not sure that has anything to do with SPFL2 teams getting bailed out with public money though.

Not entirely sure what your point is here?  Plenty of clubs have put staff, playing and non playing on the furlough scheme.  No different to a business putting their staff members on furlough because if they didn't the options would be sack them since they have no income or risk the business going under.  It's quite simple to comprehend.

25 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Yes they are, not sure that has anything to do with SPFL2 teams getting bailed out with public money though.

League Two clubs are businesses with employees. Are you suggesting that the government shouldn't be getting involved and that millions of people should be losing their jobs? I'm struggling to follow your point. 

2 hours ago, Am Muilleach said:

Not entirely sure how you can draw that conclusion.

You would need to have some clue as to outgoings, and the state of the club's finances before lock-down started to even begin to be able to hypothesise at any club's survival.  I think Graham Tatters was being incredibly honest when he said the club would be "finished in three months" if furlough was ended.  I'd suspect many clubs in Scotland are in the same boat.

I would suspect Elgin were in a better financial state than a lot of clubs before the shutdown. The furlough extension will help. They have 10 signed players and they extended the other players contracts by a month prior to the furlough extension. Should we go on longer than furlough finishing that might be a problem.

39 minutes ago, gogsy said:

What's the difference between an SPFL club and my employer (just like thousands of other companies) trying to stay afloat by using the furlough scheme?

Just now, gogsy said:

I have no idea who you are employed by.

That's not the point, SPFL2 clubs are just some of many thousands of businesses using the furlough scheme which is funded by public money to stay afloat. What's the difference between an SPFL2 club doing it and any other business?