Vote on Curtailment of the season

Someone’s leaked a report that English league will have no fans until January 2021. If that happens here it’ll put all this petty play off/not play off/hard done by shite where it belongs. In the irrelevance bin. I say let’s see what happens and decide if anyone can actually carry on playing football in the future.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Brechin supporters are worse than the Mickey Flanagan story when he used 9/11 to get his girlfriend to overlook his bevvying the night before.

I think the post below sums up the situation perfectly.

If we do ever get back to some semblance of normality , I think we might just be in the position of actually looking to fill the positions of clubs who fall by the wayside. 

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

Someone’s leaked a report that English league will have no fans until January 2021. If that happens here it’ll put all this petty play off/not play off/hard done by shite where it belongs. In the irrelevance bin. I say let’s see what happens and decide if anyone can actually carry on playing football in the future.

1 hour ago, true fan said:

Everybody seems to be talking about what reconstruction  will happen. I don't think there should be any at all - why do we have to do it now? Why the rush? Does anybody agree with me?

If it were Hamilton or St Mirren in the relegation spot I don't think there would be the move to promote a 14 team Premiership. This seems to be the preferred way to preserve Hearts'  status, on the spurious grounds that it would be unfair to relegate a team after an incomplete season. 

Edited by AlbionMan

1 hour ago, true fan said:

Everybody seems to be talking about what reconstruction  will happen. I don't think there should be any at all - why do we have to do it now? Why the rush? Does anybody agree with me?

There are plenty folk who agree with you but this is only about one thing - saving Hearts.

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

There are plenty folk who agree with you but this is only about one thing - saving Hearts.

Correct. It's a load of nonsense especially as there is a move to have this as a one-off. Here's the script, Hearts; win more points and there's no problem.

It sums up Scottish football that that the owner at the helm of (arguably) Scotland's third club as they free fall to the bottom of the league is at the centre of managing a reconstruction of the game.

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

If the lower leagues had any brains, now is the time to screw the top tier to the wall.

if they want change, what’s the deal in cash for the lower league teams in return for the required votes.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

They'll do a 1998 and leave you in the shit all over again if you do; never mistake those clubs for charitable organisations.

The premiership teams have little interest in part time teams, and really why should they? It’s not even the players main job at a part time team, it’s a hobby as a semi pro. Completely different entities.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

They'll do a 1998 and leave you in the shit all over again if you do; never mistake those clubs for charitable organisations.

This. The only reason we have a united league structure again is because SPL clubs couldn't manage the drop in finances when they were relegated and wanted a bigger safety net until they could get promoted again.

Makes me wonder why they didn't just stop relegation altogether and invite clubs up from the SFL when it suited them. I guess maybe someone realised that would kill off interest in the top division altogether, outside of Celtgers.

16 hours ago, true fan said:

Plenty agree with you including myself.

17 hours ago, true fan said:

It may not happen. If clubs in our division stick to our guns then it's 14-14-14 or nothing.

Would prefer 14-14-14 but would take nothing over 14-10-10-10.

Edited by The man with no name

1 hour ago, The man with no name said:

It may not happen. If clubs in our division stick to our guns then it's 14-14-14 or nothing.

Would prefer 14-14-14 but would take nothing over 14-10-10-10.

Or we just enter another Brexit scenario and get vote after vote on everyone’s different ideas until eternity.

4 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

The decision has already been made. Hearts must not be relegated.

Exactly. We await the league format in anticipation . ..............and also the revision of format should there be any casualties ................then the revision for the following season.............. then.......

This. The only reason we have a united league structure again is because SPL clubs couldn't manage the drop in finances when they were relegated and wanted a bigger safety net until they could get promoted again.
Makes me wonder why they didn't just stop relegation altogether and invite clubs up from the SFL when it suited them. I guess maybe someone realised that would kill off interest in the top division altogether, outside of Celtgers.

The old SFL were so utterly incompetent at generating any sort of income that the SPL really had to bring everyone under one umbrella and let the professionals take charge. Now everyone in the lower leagues is better off, and as you say there's less of a financial gulf between the leagues and more opportunity for promotion.

The lower league clubs should perhaps take heed when it comes to their own intransigence with the league below. That safety net and increased chance of getting back up makes a big difference.