Vote on Curtailment of the season

On 21/04/2020 at 13:49, Thom & Gerry said:

You might not be old enough to remember the old first and second divisions, more teams and no end of meaningless games watched by poor crowds with no atmosphere. 

Started going to games in the late 50's. The wrong side of 70 now mate. I remember loads of great games, a lot of gifted players in the lower leagues particularly and the top league as well when I was old enough to travel around. A lot of the games did mean something even when there was nothing at stake. I remember four figure crowds in the old league two as well, nostalgia eh.

I was just using a bit of hindsight and foresight to Express an opinion, that's all we can do at present.

3 minutes ago, Lesser Is More said:

Started going to games in the late 50's. The wrong side of 70 now mate. I remember loads of great games, a lot of gifted players in the lower leagues particularly and the top league as well when I was old enough to travel around. A lot of the games did mean something even when there was nothing at stake. I remember four figure crowds in the old league two as well, nostalgia eh.

I was just using a bit of hindsight and foresight to Express an opinion, that's all we can do at present.

Did ye always get a ticket for Wembley?

Bottom line is, there is no ideal solution. Two massive teams compared to everyone else who hoover up any decent players from the rest, who have negligible budgets. Add in a poor standard of home player and you have the pishness of Scottish football summed up.

For me, the four league system works fine for us. Wee teams with a bit about them can go up a division and, if they're well run, up another division.

On 21/04/2020 at 08:44, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The breakaway was to form the SPL in 1998.

The SPL and SFL reunited to form the SPFL in 2013.

I'm sure you'd like to see Falkirk back in the top league, I've no affinity with your club or Dunfermline say and a few more clubs besides, but I reckon it would be good for the game here to have well supported sides up there. Also your travelling fans would probably prefer to have more venues to visit.

6 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

You should have kept that one for where it would be relevant.

Used to be a garage called Queen's Park Motors on Pollokshaws Road who used that as their advertising strapline.

I would never have noticed that from the top deck of a 47A heading for Nitshill.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Windows were always steamed up or too dirty to see through. I don't miss those days - "No spitting"

And on the rare occasions they weren't steamed up or dirty the smokers made sure you still couldn't see anything.