Vote on Curtailment of the season

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The reason we know about these players is that they are very much the exception to the rule. The majority of footballers like football and watch it regularly.

I think it's a comparison between players and us. We expect the same level of enthusiasm from players but in reality they're often quite blasé about it.

37 minutes ago, Densky said:

Kelty now getting rather desperate. They know the games up and  this so called pyramid is done. 

image.thumb.jpeg.79f7bbe20008f1923e3919b35911a825.jpeg

A very well structured statement that we should all take a step back and think about.

Edited by Pyramidic

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

A very well structured statement that we should all take a step back and think about.

What? Regardless of anyone's views on the subject, that's just the equivalent of "please, please, gonnae, we'll be good, honest, please".

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

I have stepped back and thought ............ I never realised this is Kelty's one and only chance of a 50/50 chance  to play club 42 for a 50/50 chance of promotion.  Do they not fancy their chances of coming top of the LL  next season ? 

Bound to be a lot harder next season, they will have lost their advantage of getting in from the Juniors first. 

But on that basis why promote anyone over a season?  Make them prove it over several.  Like in the 1900s when the First Division was as much of a closed shop as the Second.

Bound to be a lot harder next season, they will have lost their advantage of getting in from the Juniors first. 
But on that basis why promote anyone over a season?  Make them prove it over several.  Like in the 1900s when the First Division was as much of a closed shop as the Second.

Lol. You’re for it now.

Just now, onecowden said:

Lol. You’re for it now.

Yeah, I wasn't exactly being 100% serious.  But the SPFL has made such a pig's breakfast of things because it is the clubs making the decisions and none of them wants to take a hit.  It's the anarchist-sewage problem.  Really the game needs independent regulation.  The EFL is just as bad.

2 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

How Kelty can say that it would rightly see Hearts, Partick and Stranraer saved from any more damage when they are practically begging for a playoff against Brechin who also weren't guaranteed to finish bottom.  Hypocritical rubbish.

10 minutes ago, gogsy said:

How would it be a lot harder next season? Are the new club to the Lowland league  Bo'ness going to storm to the top of the league, somehow I doubt it.

It was Bonnyrigg's first season at this level and they pushed Kelty hard.  They now have the experience of what it takes and may be able to add that bit extra.  And perhaps Bo'ness will storm the division the same way as Bonnyrigg did - or at least be good enough to take points from the top teams.

Plus there could always be something like Colne Dynamoes.  Get denied promotion and the moneymen give up, or the money runs out on an all-or-nothing gamble (seen enough of that in the EFL Championship).

6 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

How Kelty can say that it would rightly see Hearts, Partick and Stranraer saved from any more damage when they are practically begging for a playoff against Brechin who also weren't guaranteed to finish bottom.  Hypocritical rubbish.

Sorry but this is not hypocritical rubbish. I have followed Brechin as my favourite Scottish team from the 60's but at the moment Scotland has no pyramid system if the current plan to have no relegation from the SPFL  remains in place or two extra paces found for Brora and Kelty. Only the most blinkered Brechin fan would suggest they weren't going to finish bottom. Again this is something to saddens me but that is the reality of it.

5 minutes ago, Super Saddler said:

Sorry but this is not hypocritical rubbish. I have followed Brechin as my favourite Scottish team from the 60's but at the moment Scotland has no pyramid system if the current plan to have no relegation from the SPFL  remains in place or two extra paces found for Brora and Kelty. Only the most blinkered Brechin fan would suggest they weren't going to finish bottom. Again this is something to saddens me but that is the reality of it.

11 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Brechin were utter gubbins during the season and that wouldn't have changed in the final games. They were finishing bottom whether you like it or not.

I'm not saying it wasn't likely Brechin would finish bottom.  I'm saying that it wasn't mathematically impossible for them to finish above that, same as Hearts, Partick and Stranraer.  The difference with Brechin is they weren't even in an automatic relegation spot regardless of whether they finished bottom or not.  Bonnyrigg weren't even that far behind Kelty either so it makes all their complaining even worse.  

If the leagues can be reconstructed in a way that doesn't penalise any teams then go for it.  Unfortunately there's going to be some losers someplace and considering it was far from a foregone conclusion that Kelty would win the league, then win against whoever won the Highland League, then win against Club 42, I'd suggest that's the most sensible place to have a 'loser' in this situation. 

Kelly trying to portray themselves as plucky underdogs while throwing money at a bunch of mercenaries from the Championship level is hilarious. The rest of their statement is birthday caird pish. 

Stay doon. 

1 hour ago, Super Saddler said:

The pyramid system was in place with the winners of the HL and LL playing off against team 42 .  That is how Cove entered the league . 

It is virtually impossible to consider play offs in the current Covid climate.  It has been suggested to delay the play offs until it is safe to play again but that would be a non starter now with the clubs involved having limited squads due to expiring contracts.  

Edited by theoriginalhedge

11 hours ago, Kroll said:

Must be looking at a near whole season of no football for all clubs below tier 2 senior , great junior grade and amateur included obviously. 

Why? It's easy enough for many lower league clubs to manage spectators safely. The key is ensuring player safety but if that risk is brought to an acceptable level then it's feasible to get going once done. 

• 1 month later...

I have sympathy for them having been dragged into Hearts' machinations but having paid top dollar for a squad that walked the League millionaire backed Cove Rangers asking for help with their legal bill from the other L2 clubs is a bit like Elon Musk tapping you for a fiver