Vote on Curtailment of the season

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No, but I'd like to. Can you give links to the websites that are making these jokes...or even covering it in any detail.

Go to the sports pages of German,  French, Dutch, Scandinavian newspapers. I'm sure you'll find something interesting. You'll get the options to translate too.

7 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Go to the sports pages of German,  French, Dutch, Scandinavian newspapers. I'm sure you'll find something interesting. You'll get the options to translate too.

Tried a few, not getting anything. Can you give me the links?

17 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Ffs, this is Groundhog Day.

Cannae Budge will come up with a plan to save Hearts, no wait a minute, I meant she will come up with a plan for the good of Scottish Football.

feckin joke.

Fixed this for you 😉

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No, but I'd like to. Can you give links to the websites that are making these jokes...or even covering it in any detail.

To be honest , you must be either very staunch or very blinkered not to see how much of a farce Scottish football is at the moment. 

27 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

To be honest , you must be either very staunch or very blinkered not to see how much of a farce Scottish football is at the moment. 

We'll soon see when half of China is getting up in the middle of the night to pay to watch live streams of Livingston games.

Hearts, Rangers  Partick,  Stranraer and Kelty hearts know the games up. 

They won't win any challenges and will ultimately need to take what's coming to them. 

It's now a case of saving face so fans can't say they didn't take it further. 

On 13/05/2020 at 14:09, traffordab said:

Then Scottish football will run with less leagues less teams. 42 teams is not in the rule book it can be 40 or 35 and things will be rejigged accordingly. 

Scottish clubs are surprisingly resilient wouldn't be surprised if all do make it! 

The number of clubs IS in the SPFL Rules. That is why a vote on reconstruction requires more votes to pass if it alters the numbers than if it doesn't.

Word on the street is that lower league clubs have indicated they have put forward a suggestion that the coming season should be postponed if matches are to be played behind closed doors as it would be financially impossible for clubs to operate. 

A sensible suggestion which should be upheld IMO. 

Jim McInally speaks crap 90% of the time. I don’t get all this we can’t do this and that. What about how are we going to make this work, it will not be easy, it won’t be what is the norm but the same applies to most businesses and they will come up with new operating practices. The biggest disaster will be not having a season. A lot of clubs won’t come back from that and a lot of supporters, players etc will find a new way of life and possibly drift away.

10 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Jim McInally speaks crap 99% of the time. I don’t get all this we can’t do this and that. What about how are we going to make this work, it will not be easy, it won’t be what is the norm but the same applies to most businesses and they will come up with new operating practices. The biggest disaster will be not having a season. A lot of clubs won’t come back from that and a lot of supporters, players etc will find a new way of life and possibly drift away.

Fixed.

Jim McInally speaks crap 90% of the time. I don’t get all this we can’t do this and that. What about how are we going to make this work, it will not be easy, it won’t be what is the norm but the same applies to most businesses and they will come up with new operating practices. The biggest disaster will be not having a season. A lot of clubs won’t come back from that and a lot of supporters, players etc will find a new way of life and possibly drift away.

How will clubs even afford the cost of testing players and essential staff, before even considering how they would be paid?

You're right, some  clubs won't be back, or will come back prefixed by "The". That's how the cookie crumbles.

I think the most frustrating thing for supporters would be having their teams playing and not being able to go and watch. 

How would you propose stopping the majority drifting away to a new way of life ? 

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I think the most frustrating thing for supporters would be having their teams playing and not being able to go and watch. 

How would you propose stopping the majority drifting away to a new way of life ? 

I wouldn't. There might need to be a realignment of football rather than reconstruction. Clubs will restart if there's sufficient interest in a new set up. Maybe Elgin will need to be part of a new regional set up when it's considered safe to play. 

Change is usually gradual, but sometimes big stuff happens, war or pandemic and there's a more sudden change to how we live. 

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I wouldn't. There might need to be a realignment of football rather than reconstruction. Clubs will restart if there's sufficient interest in a new set up. Maybe Elgin will need to be part of a new regional set up when it's considered safe to play. 

Change is usually gradual, but sometimes big stuff happens, war or pandemic and there's a more sudden change to how we live. 

Aye , I agree. 

We are hearing about players in the EPL who have indicated that they are not happy to resume playing until they can be assured they will be safe.  That will most likely be the case up here as well , especially if clubs can't guarantee testing as you suggested.   ................Coupled with the fact that there are quite a few  players who don't actually like football and only play because they are good at it and it is a good earner.