Vote on Curtailment of the season

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

As you would expect the vast majority of posters on here favour the option that most suits their club. That's Scottish Fitbaw for you and the reason that there will almost certainly be no change anytime soon.

Correct.

I am going to be like a broken record again and state the obvious and simplest solution for all which was a 14-10-10-10 set up with the top 2 automatically promoted from each league and the 2 from HL and LL promoted.    No relegations so no losers. 

Simplest and most logical of  solutions in the current environment .  ..............But when has Scottish football ever done logical and simple ? 

Can’t beat a good crowd w**k tho [emoji23]

I am not saying we have an amazing crowd or support especially now with 8 years without a trophy just that certainly wasn't just 100-200 Meadow fans v Queens Park in 2012. We brought 5 X 50 seater buses from Irvine plus plenty on cars and trains. Was a good crowd and better than if they played Elgin or Annan etc. That's all. Our crowds are only 200-300 at home now and travelling support these days perhaps 50-100 but if we get back into Scottish Cup game and start challenging for trophies will go up significantly as big town with a few hundred or even thousands of glory hunters [emoji23]

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Correct.

I am going to be like a broken record again and state the obvious and simplest solution for all which was a 14-10-10-10 set up with the top 2 automatically promoted from each league and the 2 from HL and LL promoted.    No relegations so no losers. 

Simplest and most logical of  solutions in the current environment .  ..............But when has Scottish football ever done logical and simple ? 

But it’s not simple cos Les Gray refuses to discuss funding so who pays for the two additional teams ?
the top 12 teams take 82.5% of all the money and they won’t give up a penny.

But it’s not simple cos Les Gray refuses to discuss funding so who pays for the two additional teams ?

the top 12 teams take 82.5% of all the money and they won’t give up a penny.

What do the League One and League Two teams do for their % though of TV money as they aren't on TV for league games?!! Not saying it's right but better than £0 that Lowland League teams and below get. Their argument is they should only get TV money for Scottish Cup and lucky to be getting anything. Not that I agree with that view.

I do agree that the lower league teams should get more money but Killie, St Johnstone, St Mirren will say we need every penny we can get and we are on TV 4-6 times a season and Stenhousemuir aren't so anything they get should be a bonus....

I think the taking £25k off the champions (1 players wages for 1 week) and around £2k-£500 each off rest of Premiership teams would pay for 2 extra teams.

What do the League One and League Two teams do for their % though of TV money as they aren't on TV for league games?!! Not saying it's right but better than £0 that Lowland League teams and below get. Their argument is they should only get TV money for Scottish Cup and lucky to be getting anything. Not that I agree with that view. 
I do agree that the lower league teams should get more money but Killie, St Johnstone, St Mirren will say we need every penny we can get and we are on TV 4-6 times a season and Stenhousemuir aren't so anything they get should be a bonus....

I think the taking £25k off the champions (1 players wages for 1 week) and around £2k-£500 each off rest of Premiership teams would pay for 2 extra teams.

The shoe was on the other foot when Rangers were in the lower leagues and games league 1 & 2 were on the telly. The premiership clubs were still getting millions from the TV deal while clubs in league 1 & 2 continued to get less than 1% each.

The shoe was on the other foot when Rangers were in the lower leagues and games league 1 & 2 were on the telly. The premiership clubs were still getting millions from the TV deal while clubs in league 1 & 2 continued to get less than 1% each.
Then surely in 2012 that was the time to create a complete overhaul of TV money and more fairly distribute it all over Scotland citing Rangers being in League Two to Championship for at least 3 seasons ending up 4 seasons. If only could redistribute 15% to lower leagues then should not have agreed to that and negotiated for more £ as then league two and league one had more power than they will ever have again?

There was negotiations then in 2012 for league restructure and 3 tier lesgues but was never voted through or even tried to. Any reason why? Why not ensure you got more £ in a once in a generation opportunity with one of the big clubs demoted to 4th tier. You may want more money now but it's done unfortunately and Premiership teams having Rangers back and they no longer care about league two and then again league two don't care and are genuinely running scared of teams at top of Lowland and Highland League plus new West and East of Scotland Lesgues too.

48 minutes ago, Shannon said:

There was negotiations then in 2012 for league restructure and 3 tier lesgues but was never voted through or even tried to. Any reason why? Why not ensure you got more £ in a once in a generation opportunity with one of the big clubs demoted to 4th tier. You may want more money now but it's done unfortunately and Premiership teams having Rangers back and they no longer care about league two and then again league two don't care and are genuinely running scared of teams at top of Lowland and Highland League plus new West and East of Scotland Lesgues too.

Where have you dreamed up this running scared nonsense. I've been watching my team getting beat for over 40 years. Now and again we've went on a good run and had some success. It's made all the sweeter when you're a small club. I never have been scared of any team coming into the league. I'm running the risk of repeating myself here but it's football. It's not important enough to be scared.

5 hours ago, Shannon said:
5 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Then surely in 2012 that was the time to create a complete overhaul of TV money and more fairly distribute it all over Scotland citing Rangers being in League Two to Championship for at least 3 seasons ending up 4 seasons. If only could redistribute 15% to lower leagues then should not have agreed to that and negotiated for more £ as then league two and league one had more power than they will ever have again?

When the leagues amalgamated there was a  new cash distribution model established. It was decided that was enough, along with the home gates to compensate lower league teams.  

6 hours ago, Shannon said:

Who was demoted? Rangers died and a new club joined the 3rd division.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

When the leagues amalgamated there was a  new cash distribution model established. It was decided that was enough, along with the home gates to compensate lower league teams.  

Decided by who tho ?

Les Gray formed the breakaway SPFL2 and threatened lower leagues if they didn’t accept the funding model then SPFL2 would go with SPL and cast lower leagues adrift. SPFL became the Championship and between them they formed the current cartel and voting structure which makes change impossible, until now maybe as they need the Div2 votes to keep Hearts up.

2 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Decided by who tho ?

Les Gray formed the breakaway SPFL2 and threatened lower leagues if they didn’t accept the funding model then SPFL2 would go with SPL and cast lower leagues adrift. SPFL became the Championship and between them they formed the current cartel and voting structure which makes change impossible, until now maybe as they need the Div2 votes to keep Hearts up.

I agree, it was presented as a fait accompli. I was just trying to explain to the poster there had been a redistribution at the time he mentioned. It probably wasn't capitalised on as much as it might've been, but as usual, it was done in a rush, in a climate of threats, misinformation and self interest agendas.

That's why I'm surprised that people are surprised this time.

10 hours ago, Shannon said:

I am not saying we have an amazing crowd or support especially now with 8 years without a trophy just that certainly wasn't just 100-200 Meadow fans v Queens Park in 2012. We brought 5 X 50 seater buses from Irvine plus plenty on cars and trains. Was a good crowd and better than if they played Elgin or Annan etc. That's all. Our crowds are only 200-300 at home now and travelling support these days perhaps 50-100 but if we get back into Scottish Cup game and start challenging for trophies will go up significantly as big town with a few hundred or even thousands of glory hunters emoji23.png

What is your knowledge of Elgin crowds? How many would Irvine Meadow take to Elgin? I doubt most would even know how to get there.

12 hours ago, Shannon said:

I am not saying we have an amazing crowd or support especially now with 8 years without a trophy just that certainly wasn't just 100-200 Meadow fans v Queens Park in 2012. We brought 5 X 50 seater buses from Irvine plus plenty on cars and trains. Was a good crowd and better than if they played Elgin or Annan etc. That's all. Our crowds are only 200-300 at home now and travelling support these days perhaps 50-100 but if we get back into Scottish Cup game and start challenging for trophies will go up significantly as big town with a few hundred or even thousands of glory hunters emoji23.png

As a QP fan you had about 400 at that game. My esteemed QP fan who said otherwise is talking through a hole in his head, as usual .

2 hours ago, gogsy said:

It was £1.9 million allocated to the other 30 clubs from the SPFL wasn't it? Factor 2 more clubs in and the reduction to each of the current thirty wouldn't be a great amount.:unsure2:

Why the f**k should we do that ?

The top 12 want to go to 14 to save Hearts. Pay up or f**k off should be the Div 2 position. We are fine with status quo.

The problem then as is now is any change to the redistribution of finances needs an 11 to 1 majority from the premiership. Once Rangers got back into the premiership, the lower league clubs were left with a take it or leave it deal which involved Colts in the Challenge cup and opening the bottom of league 2.

I don't think anyone is running scared of the teams in the LL but the overall setup of the Lowland league. You get relegated to the LL then there is no prize money, no place in the league or challenge cup and you have to significantly cut your admission prices.

8 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Fine? Your scrabbling along with crowds  that barely reach 300 relying on money from SPFl at end of season and getting drawn against a big team in the Bet Fred cup. To quote the spiel on  club 135 "We have effectively been in a ‘Save Cowdenbeath FC mode’ for a number of years now" That's hardly doing fine"

That though is mainly due to extraneous circumstances 

Edinburgh City joined the Lowland League and got promoted to the SPFL Irvine Meadow could have joined the LL at that time (some Junior clubs were interested) but didn't. Kelty took the gamble to join the EOSL and may end up in the SPFL. Meadow may make it yet with the new WOSL set up but it's a long journey.. (unless we all go bust in the meantime...)

I'll be nice and say it's worth a trip to Irvine for the August Fair game: Vics and Meadow play against each other, I think it's usually on a Friday, and there are good pies at both grounds!