Vote on Curtailment of the season

59 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The original 14-10-10-10 set up would have been the simplest short term  solution to ensure there were no "losers" in the SPFL set up   and the lowland / highland leagues would have the unexpected bonus of both their champion clubs being promoted instead of the chance of one of them through the play off system. 

I don't know why they had to complicate matters with this 14-14-14/16 nonsense as it has been stated that clubs will only vote for change on a short term basis anyway. 

I think you'd need to look quite close to home for where 3x14 came from.

The status quo will be voted for, Hearts will be relegated after all this hot air has been spent over absolutely nothing, and we'll all point and laugh as a torn faced Ann Budge bellows with rage from the bridge of the maroon sloop as it sinks into the championship. Then we'll all settle down for a long close season of trolling and multiple-identity aliases and weirdos.

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The original 14-10-10-10 set up would have been the simplest short term  solution to ensure there were no "losers" in the SPFL set up   and the lowland / highland leagues would have the unexpected bonus of both their champion clubs being promoted instead of the chance of one of them through the play off system. 

I don't know why they had to complicate matters with this 14-14-14/16 nonsense as it has been stated that clubs will only vote for change on a short term basis anyway. 

The League 2 clubs threw their toys out of the pram at any other idea.

14 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

The status quo will be voted for, Hearts will be relegated after all this hot air has been spent over absolutely nothing, and we'll all point and laugh as a torn faced Ann Budge bellows with rage from the bridge of the maroon sloop as it sinks into the championship. Then we'll all settle down for a long close season of trolling and multiple-identity aliases and weirdos.

Poor Ann...

tenor (1).gif

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Probably.

18 hours ago, an86 said:

I'm not going to argue with someone who is doing the equivalent of calling black 'white' and then expressing it as a "matter of opinion."

If the lockdown is lifted too soon, more people die than otherwise would. That's it. If we have to go into 2021 without football, we'll have to do that. We may well, tragically, end up losing football clubs. However, if it's a choice between football clubs and human lives then there's no debate to be had. 

That was my original point. Fans are discussing what format the leagues should or could be going forward, but as long as we have social distancing there won't be any football.

I don't think it's a matter of 'if' we go into 2021 without football. It looks like a definite based on current policy and it's more a matter of if we will have any clubs left, other than the very top leagues. They may be able to play in empty stadiums for TV money.

The powers that be are arguing over how to close off this season in order to be ready for next season, but what's going to change to allow next season to commence?

I don't disagree with you re football or people's lives, but the discussion was about football.

18 minutes ago, PELE said:

That was my original point. Fans are discussing what format the leagues should or could be going forward, but as long as we have social distancing there won't be any football.

I don't think it's a matter of 'if' we go into 2021 without football. It looks like a definite based on current policy and it's more a matter of if we will have any clubs left, other than the very top leagues. They may be able to play in empty stadiums for TV money.

The powers that be are arguing over how to close off this season in order to be ready for next season, but what's going to change to allow next season to commence?

I don't disagree with you re football or people's lives, but the discussion was about football.

Well the Bundesliga is supposed to be starting up in May!

10 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Big difference between Bundesliga and Scottish fitba🤔 Big difference between the virus spread in Germany than the UK.

The TV companies will be kicking their height at the return of the Bundesliga behind closed doors; it's the best possible solution for them as the German lads all sign up for satellite TV.

Division 2 should do the same and sell the rights to Sky for a squillion quid a week. Dortmund v Hertha followed by Queen's Park v Brechin "live and exclusive on Sky". Mouthwatering.

There is that weird wee strand of junior clubs fans who are 'big' in their own bubble, who are completely affronted when lower league clubs pay them no more attention than any other teams. It reminds me of the time Irvine Meadow were supposedly going to bring a thousand to Hampden and beat us. They brought a couple of hundred and we dispatched them without breaking sweat.  

The attendance was 1,147. Meadow took around 600-700 that day. A very good attendance for a Scottish Cup 2nd Round tie.

We didn't think we would defeat you as hadn't been doing well in our league and you were far better team on paper and had some very good mix of ex Juniors, experienced pros up and coming youngsters like Shankland and it showed.

A number of league two clubs not yourselves as you have improved with help from certain signings from Kilsyth Rangers and Largs Thistle from Juniors amongst others but Brechin, Stenhousemuir and Stirling Albion are certainly wanting to try everything for there to be no further relegation from league two for as long as possible. Kelty and Brora would finish above them three over a league season and they know it.

9 hours ago, Shannon said:

The attendance was 1,147. Meadow took around 600-700 that day. A very good attendance for a Scottish Cup 2nd Round tie.

We didn't think we would defeat you as hadn't been doing well in our league and you were far better team on paper and had some very good mix of ex Juniors, experienced pros up and coming youngsters like Shankland and it showed.

A number of league two clubs not yourselves as you have improved with help from certain signings from Kilsyth Rangers and Largs Thistle from Juniors amongst others but Brechin, Stenhousemuir and Stirling Albion are certainly wanting to try everything for there to be no further relegation from league two for as long as possible. Kelty and Brora would finish above them three over a league season and they know it.

As if to prove my point, along comes a junior fan to wildly overestimate their support. 

We've signed good players from the amateurs and Premiership clubs have signed good players from us. It doesn't say anything about the overall depth of quality in the leagues any more than signing a few decent juniors does. The fact is that we don't really know how good or bad Kelty and Brora are until they play in more competitive leagues. Stirling and Stenny would go out and rinse Berwick and Caley Braves as well. 

13 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The TV companies will be kicking their height at the return of the Bundesliga behind closed doors; it's the best possible solution for them as the German lads all sign up for satellite TV.

Division 2 should do the same and sell the rights to Sky for a squillion quid a week. Dortmund v Hertha followed by Queen's Park v Brechin "live and exclusive on Sky". Mouthwatering.

I agree but it should be on BT.

As if to prove my point, along comes a junior fan to wildly overestimate their support. 
We've signed good players from the amateurs and Premiership clubs have signed good players from us. It doesn't say anything about the overall depth of quality in the leagues any more than signing a few decent juniors does. The fact is that we don't really know how good or bad Kelty and Brora are until they play in more competitive leagues. Stirling and Stenny would go out and rinse Berwick and Caley Braves as well. 
Your next home game v Annan had 626, East Stirling 374 and Berwick Rangers 487 so yeah your home crowd around 500-600 mark and that being generous. The other 600 fans must have been neutrals...[emoji849]

8 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Your next home game v Annan had 626, East Stirling 374 and Berwick Rangers 487 so yeah your home crowd around 500-600 mark and that being generous. The other 600 fans must have been neutrals...emoji849.png

We always tend to have a healthier cup support. We had nearly 800 for a midweek cup tie against Peterhead a year or so before with very minimal away support. Stick another hundred or so on that if it's a Saturday. 

I don't understand why junior teams get so hung up on these things. Nobody is saying two or three hundred is a poor away support. Far from it. 

2 hours ago, an86 said:

We always tend to have a healthier cup support. We had nearly 800 for a midweek cup tie against Peterhead a year or so before with very minimal away support. Stick another hundred or so on that if it's a Saturday. 

I don't understand why junior teams get so hung up on these things. Nobody is saying two or three hundred is a poor away support. Far from it. 

Can’t beat a good crowd w**k tho 😂