Vote on Curtailment of the season

You lot in League 2 seem to be a worried bunch and rightly so..
Change is coming,the pyramid is taking shape and the structure is now just about in place in the Lowland area.
A new West of Scotland senior league is now set up to join the already and long established South and East of Scotland league's.
All that remains is to get the structure below the Highland league set up,talks are ongoing between the HL,North Caledonian league and the North/Tayside juniors.
Not long now till the likes of Talbot,Pollok and Kilwinning come knocking on your door......

It’s football m9. In the scheme of things nothing to worry about. Let’s not get too dramatic.

I'm not convinced that "the likes of Talbot, Pollok and Kilwinning" will thrive as well as you think. The pyramid has been thrust on the Juniors. A probable doubling of admission fees, and the increased travel for fans and players, plus playing Edinburgh City and Stenhousemuir instead of traditional local rivals will, I think, have an impact that might not be all positive. But who knows? As someone said, there will be winners and losers. The trick is not to be one of the latter.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

8 minutes ago, onecowden said:

It’s football m9. In the scheme of things nothing to worry about. Let’s not get too dramatic.

There does seem to be a running theme in some of the pyramid supporters' contributions along the lines of "ha ha, you're all fucked."

23 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Its only fitba  lots more to be really concerned about at the moment. If we get relegated in the future it will be because we were not good enough and thats something you just need to accept 

Yeah gutted,I'm not visiting Glebe park next season with the Valley ladz.

Was talk of a good support heading down to it for the novelty factor and a squad of us down here heading up to it,one day however.....😘

There is that weird wee strand of junior clubs fans who are 'big' in their own bubble, who are completely affronted when lower league clubs pay them no more attention than any other teams.

It reminds me of the time Irvine Meadow were supposedly going to bring a thousand to Hampden and beat us. They brought a couple of hundred and we dispatched them without breaking sweat. 

Not sure where this "league clubs are pure shitein it fae the Talbot" is coming from. The Talbot and clubs like them are a fact of life, like athlete's foot or the gas bill. Just something to be dealt with when necessary. Nothing to be feared of.

The vast majority of lower league fans support the pyramid. Relegation will be horrible for clubs that face it (my own club was 13 minutes away from falling through the trapdoor in 2015), but that's football. Had we gone down to the Highland League we'd likely still be there in a much reduced state.

That said only two clubs have actually dropped through the trapdoor since we were the first team to face the relegation play off. Maybe the "ambitious, progressive" non league clubs aren't all they trumpet themselves to be outside of their wee bubble.

In any case, coming through the current crisis healthy and with our clubs intact will do for me. Anything else is a bonus, and will have to wait for a time when football is an actual thing in our lives again.

The fear for me regarding the drop into the Lowland league is twofold. Firstly, how difficult it is to get back up. Teams in League 2 should actually be pushing for an automatic spot or two; it will benefit them in the long run but short-termism always wins in Scottish football. Secondly, the standard of teams, with a prevalence of sports clubs and teams who should be nowhere near the SPFL. That, hopefully, will improve now that the pyramid is fully in place. 

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Your team didn't make it into a playoff spot, they were awarded fourth place:).

That’s true and Kelty were awarded the lowland league title to get a play off against Brora then maybe a play off against Brechin so where is this sense of entitlement of access to the SPFL coming from.?

23 minutes ago, David W said:

The fear for me regarding the drop into the Lowland league is twofold. Firstly, how difficult it is to get back up. Teams in League 2 should actually be pushing for an automatic spot or two; it will benefit them in the long run but short-termism always wins in Scottish football. Secondly, the standard of teams, with a prevalence of sports clubs and teams who should be nowhere near the SPFL. That, hopefully, will improve now that the pyramid is fully in place. 

The truth of matter is the lower leagues inc the HL and LL are all fools. 
The top 12 clubs in the country take 83% of the money, more if they get a 14 team league so they throw crumbs and watch the fighting over them.

Bottom Club in the SPFL gets 0.18% of the pot, no wonder they sink into oblivion if relegated. Also if the SPFL are so keen on a pyramid system, why don’t they give money to HL and LL too and even up the whole structure into a proper progression.

i know, I’m dreaming so we will just continue to bicker for the big boys entertainment.

As I said there will be winners and losers. Absolutely top should go up bottom should go down but the powers that be have decided Hearts must have a chance of saving themselves so league reconstruction, which means some are going to get a boost and some are going to get a kick in the teeth.

3 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Yes, but the winners and losers should be, you know, the teams top and bottom of their league.

2 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

As I said there will be winners and losers. Absolutely top should go up bottom should go down but the powers that be have decided Hearts must have a chance of saving themselves so league reconstruction, which means some are going to get a boost and some are going to get a kick in the teeth.

Never mind. If Hearts finish bottom again next season, whenever that is, we’ll have another league reconstruction.

6 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

What it is coming down to is pure legality.

With 14-14-16 ,no one needs to go to the lawyers to pursue a case against the SPFL,for denial of promotion as regards Brora and Kelty and relegation as regards Hearts,Partick and Stranraer.

The season has been fucked up due to Covid,the above answer's the call and keeps the lawyers out of it.

The original 14-10-10-10 set up would have been the simplest short term  solution to ensure there were no "losers" in the SPFL set up   and the lowland / highland leagues would have the unexpected bonus of both their champion clubs being promoted instead of the chance of one of them through the play off system. 

I don't know why they had to complicate matters with this 14-14-14/16 nonsense as it has been stated that clubs will only vote for change on a short term basis anyway.