Vote on Curtailment of the season

29 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

We want 14-14-14, why would we take in 2 new clubs. 16 teams and Elgin, Peterhead, Cove and Brora in the same league. Who in their right mind would take that!

Are you arguing to regionalise?

6 hours ago, an86 said:

If the government does scrap their social distancing instruction, an awful lot will change. The health service will be swamped and many more people will die. You don't re-enter the building because the fire has been brought under control. 

Nobody is enjoying it, but if we have to sit on our arses a wee while longer to save lives, then that's what we've got to do. 

It's all a matter of opinion. I don't believe that keeping a few metres apart from others make any real difference. Who says most of us haven't already been infected? People most at risk need to isolate. It's not about not enjoying it and it's not going to be a wee while either. What is going to change? Coronaviruses don't just disappear. They are also far more prevalent in the UK in wintertime. The recent advances in medical science make it more likely that new treatments will be developed, but coronaviruses are very difficult to develop vaccines for. That is why there aren't any, despite almost 60 years trying.

I am not trying to come across as heartless. Losing someone close to you to any illness, health condition or accident is heartbreaking.

While we have social distancing nothing will return to how it was, or even close to how it was. Most companies (if they are still in business) cannot cope with social distancing. The idea that Schools and nurseries can have social distancing is ludicrous. Most sports cannot function with social distancing. If people truly believe that social distancing is vital and a necessary step to deal with a virus like this, then football is finished. Society cannot function with social distancing. The government cannot keep printing money to sustain the status quo either and I see they are already talking about reducing the furlough to 60% and it ends in 8 weeks.

15 minutes ago, an86 said:

Let me stop you there, after that first line. No, it isn't. 

Sorry, but it is. 

I see the failed scientific advisor to the government has just resigned as well. The whole lockdown policy was based on his mathematical modelling which has been wildly inaccurate on previous occasions as well.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Sorry, but it is. 

I'm not going to argue with someone who is doing the equivalent of calling black 'white' and then expressing it as a "matter of opinion."

If the lockdown is lifted too soon, more people die than otherwise would. That's it. If we have to go into 2021 without football, we'll have to do that. We may well, tragically, end up losing football clubs. However, if it's a choice between football clubs and human lives then there's no debate to be had. 

8 hours ago, PELE said:

It's all a matter of opinion. I don't believe that keeping a few metres apart from others make any real difference.

If we do get football back can you post the list of games you're going to on here so I can avoid them?

12 hours ago, The man with no name said:

We want 14-14-14, why would we take in 2 new clubs. 16 teams and Elgin, Peterhead, Cove and Brora in the same league. Who in their right mind would take that!

So you want a system where you promote yourselves a tier but the champions of the leagues below you can f**k off and no one in their right mind would let them up with you? Right.

What it is coming down to is pure legality.

With 14-14-16 ,no one needs to go to the lawyers to pursue a case against the SPFL,for denial of promotion as regards Brora and Kelty and relegation as regards Hearts,Partick and Stranraer.

The season has been fucked up due to Covid,the above answer's the call and keeps the lawyers out of it.

1 minute ago, Whitburn Vale said:

With 14-14-16 ,no one needs to go to the lawyers to pursue a case against the SPFL,for denial of promotion as regards Brora and Kelty and relegation as regards Hearts,Partick and Stranraer.

The season has been fucked up due to Covid,the above answer's the call and keeps the lawyers out of it.

But the above will result in Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar being rearranged into the bottom tier. That's a bigger travesty than teams who've been shite all season being relegated.

Ideas on reconstruction are fine but there's no pressing need to have it in place for season 20-21

3 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

My team made it into a play off spot and getting nothing.

so why should Kelty and Brora be promoted. ?

If this goes ahead, there needs to be compensation for the affected SPFL Clubs and it’s the top 12 that needs to pay as this reconstruction nonsense is all to help them and Hearts specifically. Otherwise the Div 2 Clubs should block the vote 

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

My team made it into a play off spot and getting nothing.

so why should Kelty and Brora be promoted. ?

If this goes ahead, there needs to be compensation for the affected SPFL Clubs and it’s the top 12 that needs to pay as this reconstruction nonsense is all to help them and Hearts specifically. Otherwise the Div 2 Clubs should block the vote 

Because I have heard from a reliable source that this is all about keeping the lawyers away from the SPFL door.

Feel for Clyde,Forfar and the Blue Toon though.

My personal option would be 4 leagues of 12 or 3 leagues of 16 and straight relegation for the bottom club in league 2,every league the same as the Premiership,crazy having different play off systems etc.

30 minutes ago, George Parr said:

But the above will result in Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar being rearranged into the bottom tier. That's a bigger travesty than teams who've been shite all season being relegated.

Ideas on reconstruction are fine but there's no pressing need to have it in place for season 20-21

There is a pressing need for Hearts and Partick Thistle.
You could argue that the said clubs have been shite all season just not as shite as Stranraer. As has been said these clubs are still only 2 promotions from the top league and will be big fish in Tier 3. No matter what they do there will be winners and losers. The biggest argument these clubs will have is the loss of away gate revenue.

Not saying I agree with 14,14,16 or 14, just an alternative argument. I think the biggest problem might be having enough teams to fill the leagues with the criteria demanded of them.

55 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Because I have heard from a reliable source that this is all about keeping the lawyers away from the SPFL door.

Feel for Clyde,Forfar and the Blue Toon though.

My personal option would be 4 leagues of 12 or 3 leagues of 16 and straight relegation for the bottom club in league 2,every league the same as the Premiership,crazy having different play off systems etc.

Well my reliable source says what you have said is not true 

You could argue that the said clubs have been shite all season just not as shite as Stranraer. As has been said these clubs are still only 2 promotions from the top league and will be big fish in Tier 3. No matter what they do there will be winners and losers. The biggest argument these clubs will have is the loss of away gate revenue.
Not saying I agree with 14,14,16 or 14, just an alternative argument. I think the biggest problem might be having enough teams to fill the leagues with the criteria demanded of them.
Clyde are closer to the promotion play off than relegation. We were also only 4 points behind Dumbarton when it was suddenly decided that the difference between promotion and relegation would be 6th and 7th in league 1.

We don't just lose out on away gates. Prize money will also be less and we are suddenly 1 relegation away from the LL again rather than 2.

How can you argue that these teams in league 1 deserve to go down yet Hearts and Thistle don't?

7 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Well my reliable source says what you have said is not true 

You lot in League 2 seem to be a worried bunch and rightly so..

Change is coming,the pyramid is taking shape and the structure is now just about in place in the Lowland area.

A new West of Scotland senior league is now set up to join the already and long established South and East of Scotland league's.

All that remains is to get the structure below the Highland league set up,talks are ongoing between the HL,North Caledonian league and the North/Tayside juniors.

Not long now till the likes of Talbot,Pollok and Kilwinning come knocking on your door......

42 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Yes, but the winners and losers should be, you know, the teams top and bottom of their leagues.

3 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

You lot in League 2 seem to be a worried bunch and rightly so..

Change is coming,the pyramid is taking shape and the structure is now just about in place in the Lowland area.

A new West of Scotland senior league is now set up to join the already and long established South and East of Scotland league's.

All that remains is to get the structure below the Highland league set up,talks are ongoing between the HL,North Caledonian league and the North/Tayside juniors.

Not long now till the likes of Talbot,Pollok and Kilwinning come knocking on your door......

What bit of my post would lead you to think I am worried 😂   yea I am really shitting it 😂