Vote on Curtailment of the season

On 28/04/2020 at 17:00, MAC THE KNIFE said:

LOTS OF SPFL TEAMS MAYBE GETTING FINANCIAL POINTS DEDUCTIONS COME JAN 2021 FOR FINANCIAL PROBLEMS UNDER SPFL RULES

What an odd post.

Are you suggesting that multiple clubs will all go in to administration in January 2021? Why that month?

Lowland League man here coming in peace :P

Thought I’d share the interview I did with Stenny chairman Iain McMenemy yesterday should anyone fancy a listen. He’s got some interesting thoughts on SPFL league reconstruction as well as relegation to our level.

Just now, Jack Burton said:
9 minutes ago, cherrywhite said:
Only sensible decision in these times is a 14-14-14 and no promotion from the lowland or highland till scottish football gets on its feet again. 

Why is it sensible to go 14-14-14 and stop relegation to the LL?

Because of the situation the country and world is in. Would be especially harsh to relegate anyone only further causing harm especially from an incomplete season. That's just my opinion. 

Because of the situation the country and world is in. Would be especially harsh to relegate anyone only further causing harm especially from an incomplete season. That's just my opinion. 
4 teams are relegated if we go 14-14-14.

Not out the football league they are not. 
You just said it would be harsh to relegate anyone causing further harm. That's exactly what will happen if Clyde, Peterhead Forfar and Stranraer are all relegated. Cove are also denied promotion.

On 28/04/2020 at 20:51, foreverarover said:
On 28/04/2020 at 18:37, RandomGuy. said:
Rich club trying to buy their way into the league shocker.

Nothing wrong with that. I think it's absolutely disgusting that clubs are voting to keep thenselves safe knowing fine well that the club looking to get into the league will end up near the top of the table. I'm sorry but if I was the person putting money into Kelty I would be taking serious legal action if no opportunity was given to enter at least a play off. It stinks to the core. For Edinburgh City to vote for this is the ultimate f**k you to the lower leagues.

What about the other clubs in play off positions ? Should they also take serious legal action ?  Exactly the same scenario. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:
What about the other clubs in play off positions ? Should they also take serious legal action ?  Exactly the same scenario. 

The other teams in play-off positions are mainly being looked after by the League 2 clubs' carve up. The other SPFL clubs also wouldn't have any right to take legal action given that it is within the SPFL's power to do so. That is not the case for scrapping the Pyramid Playoff, since any change to the format requires the approval of the HL and LL. The SPFL are acting unilaterally, contrary to their own rules.

Edited by craigkillie

2 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
2 hours ago, cherrywhite said:

You just said it would be harsh to relegate anyone causing further harm. That's exactly what will happen if Clyde, Peterhead Forfar and Stranraer are all relegated. Cove are also denied promotion.

Nonsense!!!!

Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar and Stranraer stay in the third league. 

Cove and the other 9 teams in League 2 get promoted. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The other teams in play-off positions are mainly being looked after by the League 2 clubs' carve up. The other SPFL clubs also wouldn't have any right to take legal action given that it is within the SPFL's power to do so. That is not the case for scrapping the Pyramid Playoff, since any change to the format requires the approval of the HL and LL. The SPFL are acting unilaterally, contrary to their own rules.

You could say that , but on the other hand there was nothing in their rules defining procedures in  extraordinary circumstances such as we are experiencing now. 

The rule book has basically been twisted  as far as it could have been to accommodate the  decisions that have been  made so far .  I still  think the decision was based on the assumption that the adoption of the 14-10-10-10 set up  would sail through .  

I am in favour of automatic relegation for team 42 and am surprised that wasn't adopted right at the start of the pyramid system . The fact that it wasn't in place has obviously caused this whole sorry predicament that no one ever foresaw.   Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

2 hours ago, cherrywhite said:

What about the clubs trying to get in who had bought in to the pyramid project and are now having the rug pulled from under them?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What about the clubs trying to get in who had bought in to the pyramid project and are now having the rug pulled from under them?

Some things are more important for now than that i'm afraid. 

Nonsense!!!!
Those 4 teams aren't in the bottom tier currently but will be under this restructure.

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There was absolutely no guarantee that 1 club would be promoted into the leagues before the season started. Those were the rules set out with a clear playoff system just like other leagues so why is it now so wrong that nobody made it up to L2 due to this unprecented worldwide disaster? 
Take Cowden, sitting 4th in L2 and whoever was 3rd. Would they not have an equal grievance? Trying with everything they have got to be in a play off to go up to L1. What’s the difference? It’s been denied them.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, The man with no name said:
Nonsense!!!!

Those 4 teams aren't in the bottom tier currently but will be under this restructure.

The Third League isn't the bottom tier!