Vote on Curtailment of the season

7 hours ago, Countryman said:

The only thing that is iteresting about league 2 (bottom spfl league) scottish football is who will be relegated from it, lose that, lose peoples interest. Lose peoples interest, lose finance. Lose finance........

Much the same as the SPL then.

The L2 teams spouting a 14-14-14 reconstruction are using the very convenient excuse of the potential loss of revenue by adding 2 new  clubs, in reality most are scared of the increased standard of teams entering the league therefore increasing the likelihood of relegation in future years and is absolutely nothing to do with diluted prize money.

To highlight how bad an excuse this is If you base the costs of having x2 additional teams using this years prize pool, you would need an additional *£80k  (circa £40k each to  Brora & Kelty, roughly what 10th in L2 received this year) each club would have earned around £2k less this season.

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Given the criticism and ridicule  of the SPFL  from fans of the non league clubs , it really surprises me their desperation to be part of  such a "shambolic" set up . 

What, should they set up a rival national league to feed into instead?

Even by the low bar for idiocy set by all your other posts on here this one is in a class of its own. You must feel so proud.

44 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

The L2 teams spouting a 14-14-14 reconstruction are using the very convenient excuse of the potential loss of revenue by adding 2 new  clubs, in reality most are scared of the increased standard of teams entering the league therefore increasing the likelihood of relegation in future years and is absolutely nothing to do with diluted prize money.

To highlight how bad an excuse this is If you base the costs of having x2 additional teams using this years prize pool, you would need an additional *£80k  (circa £40k each to  Brora & Kelty, roughly what 10th in L2 received this year) each club would have earned around £2k less this season.

BUT Les Gray is refusing to discuss funding as part of reconstruction so league 2 clubs are left thinking it will be left to them to pay for 2 more Clubs and they are probably right.

BUT Les Gray is refusing to discuss funding as part of reconstruction so league 2 clubs are left thinking it will be left to them to pay for 2 more Clubs and they are probably right.

Then they can just vote against it instead of proposing their own protectionist nonsense and claiming it's for the greater good.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

What, should they set up a rival national league to feed into instead?

Even by the low bar for idiocy set by all your other posts on here this one is in a class of its own. You must feel so proud.

Thanks .

Means a lot to me coming from one so righteous. ❤️

Simple question - why is it essential that we restructure the leagues now? We already have chaos in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, so is the only solution more chaos and acrimony?

options of ending premier league like the others or playing it out. without any playoffs it's one up, one down.

option of no promotion, no relegation exists - maybe not popular I guess

but why must we have reconstruction right now? If folk want to talk about it in next couple of years by all means do so. Personally I'd just leave it as it is but I can see arguments for and against - leagues of 10 mean playing same teams over and over, not much variety in fixtures but there isn't a massive spread of ability top to bottom - some spread obviously but not absolutely massive. Positives include playoff structure meaning very few dead rubbers late in the season.

am I missing something? Am the only one thinking this way? I don't understand the rush and as said above there is going to be tons of ill feeling that we could all do without at this difficult time

Edited by true fan

2 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

It's almost like he's not really trying.

1 hour ago, the tin man said:

What a statement kelty willing to give up any league money for the first year superbScreenshot_20200428_173220_com.facebook.katana.jpeg

Rich club trying to buy their way into the league shocker.

40 minutes ago, true fan said:

am I missing something? Am the only one thinking this way? I don't understand the rush and as said above there is going to be tons of ill feeling that we could all do without at this difficult time

The Premier League needs a strong Hearts and Mrs Budge has threatened a tantrum. Apparently we need a strong Hearts.

No lofty principles, just sheer self-intetest.

Nothing wrong with that. I think it's absolutely disgusting that clubs are voting to keep thenselves safe knowing fine well that the club looking to get into the league will end up near the top of the table. I'm sorry but if I was the person putting money into Kelty I would be taking serious legal action if no opportunity was given to enter at least a play off. It stinks to the core. For Edinburgh City to vote for this is the ultimate f**k you to the lower leagues.

30 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nothing wrong with that. I think it's absolutely disgusting that clubs are voting to keep thenselves safe knowing fine well that the club looking to get into the league will end up near the top of the table. I'm sorry but if I was the person putting money into Kelty I would be taking serious legal action if no opportunity was given to enter at least a play off. It stinks to the core. For Edinburgh City to vote for this is the ultimate f**k you to the lower leagues.

Legal action ?..?

That’s a bit disrespectful to Brora and Brechin, both of whom Kelty would have to beat to get into league 2. 
Does that also mean that Bonnyrigg can sue the Lowland League given they were only 6 points behind with a game in hand.

8 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Do Cove Rangers and Edinburgh City support suspension of promotion from the HL or the LL?

I don't know tbh 

City did vote against ending the season so they might favour letting kelty or brora in but I'm not party to the board's thoughts.

Would rather have kelty in- we've a decent record against them in friendlies!

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kelty weren't even guaranteed to finish top of their league, being only 6pts clear having played a game more.

Forgive me if I dont feel sympathy if they miss out an apparent guaranteed promotion.