Vote on Curtailment of the season

Given the concerns about finances of the clubs being used by the League 2 blockers to try to railroad their preferred plan and also to stop any promotion to it, it is clear there is another solution.

Keep the 3 top divisions and make them 14-10-10.  The remaining 8 league 2 teams are placed in the Lowland/Highland League.  Going forward bottom club of the new 3rd league are demoted and replaced by the winners of the HL/LL playoff.   Everyone is a winner, bar the 8 in this league.

You remain just one league behind the new 3rd league, SPFL save sponsorship money going forward which can be put to better use to support the clubs at the top level.

23 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

Given the concerns about finances of the clubs being used by the League 2 blockers to try to railroad their preferred plan and also to stop any promotion to it, it is clear there is another solution.

Keep the 3 top divisions and make them 14-10-10.  The remaining 8 league 2 teams are placed in the Lowland/Highland League.  Going forward bottom club of the new 3rd league are demoted and replaced by the winners of the HL/LL playoff.   Everyone is a winner, bar the 8 in this league.

You remain just one league behind the new 3rd league, SPFL save sponsorship money going forward which can be put to better use to support the clubs at the top level.

Aye that makes sense. Not!

No reason why not?  What makes your little rabble more important than the LL or HL?  Most would accept 14-14-16 or 14-16-14 or 16-14-14, with automatic relegation from the bottom league.  Your rabble want to shut the door and block.  The sensible thing to do in such a case is to allow that by moving you to a more suitable level for your clubs.

3 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

No reason why not?  What makes your little rabble more important than the LL or HL?  Most would accept 14-14-16 or 14-16-14 or 16-14-14, with automatic relegation from the bottom league.  Your rabble want to shut the door and block.  The sensible thing to do in such a case is to allow that by moving you to a more suitable level for your clubs.

And if you lot had been bottom of the SPL  none of this would have been discussed   😂

Another brilliant idea. So many people on here have the answers. I’m astonished the powers that be can’t see how simple the fix is. Genius.

1 hour ago, Hammyton said:

Great idea. Could I just introduce myself. I’m a Nigerian businessman looking for a loan and wondered if your Club could maybe give me another 100k like last time. Thanks 😂

The worrying thing for Kelty and Brora must be that the only place where their possible promotions are mentioned are forums like these.

In all the media, reflecting on the conversations going on about reconstruction,  it's as though they don't exist and only the set up for existing SPFL members are being considered.

I have no axe to grind with Brechin and indeed I'm really pleased they will survive what looked to have been a fatal tailspin in the finished season. But I really feel that the HL / LL champions need to be accommodated as an exceptional case for whenever football starts again. Yes, the pyramid isn't perfect but to just shrug and smugly repeat the words "force majeure" at this point risks undermining all the build up of trust through hard won compromise that has been developing since 2014.

Everyone is a winner? [emoji23]

League 2 clubs won't vote in favour of them being relegated and league 1 clubs won't vote to be relegated into the LL/HL.

It's all becoming a bit disappointing  , this reconstruction talks! Self interest everywhere, is why we can never achieve good things.

I think this 3 leagues if 14 is a pile of shite and I actually don't believe this unanimous talk of all 10 teams in agreement. No way would Cove vote for this, and I'd be very disappointed if our chairman agrees to this, so that's two down for  a start. Seems the Elgin chairman has a lot to say though.

No promotion for Kelty is a disgrace as well!

It's likely the 42 teams won't agree on the same thing and so we'll be left with the same league set up next year, which may even be the best option.

20 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

No excuses not to offer a place next season for Kelty and Brora. 16 teams playing once home and away, then a split into two seven team groups giving six final games.

No point chirruping about self-interest in other leagues when the wagons are circled on our turf, too.

Decent post mate.

Kelty and Brora worked all season to win their leagues and deserve, at least a chance to win promotion.

This is a unique situation we're in, and so maybe different rules for one season is the fair way to do it.

For me, the 14-10-10-10 addresses everyone concerns AT THE MOMENT. 

20 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Decent post mate.

Kelty and Brora worked all season to win their leagues and deserve, at least a chance to win promotion.

This is a unique situation we're in, and so maybe different rules for one season is the fair way to do it.

For me, the 14-10-10-10 addresses everyone concerns AT THE MOMENT. 

Kelty didn't win the league. They were awarded it. Bonnyrigg had a decent chance of winning it. Brora were worthy champions though.

58 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

It's all becoming a bit disappointing  , this reconstruction talks! Self interest everywhere, is why we can never achieve good things.

I think this 3 leagues if 14 is a pile of shite and I actually don't believe this unanimous talk of all 10 teams in agreement. No way would Cove vote for this, and I'd be very disappointed if our chairman agrees to this, so that's two down for  a start. Seems the Elgin chairman has a lot to say though.

It's likely the 42 teams won't agree on the same thing and so we'll be left with the same league set up next year, which may even be the best option.

If I was Cove I would vote for it.

with their money, decent chance to win promotion to championship next season playing easier teams than if in 1st Division.

no brainer ?

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Cove didn’t vote for it, they are in League 1 just now. 
A lot of League 2 clubs don’t see 14,14,14 as the perfect solution and don’t see reconstruction as important just now. They took the stance because collectively they are stronger together and will have a say that way.

Their big concern is that an extra 2 teams in the league means less money for themselves from the pot, if this was addressed they would be more willing to change position.