Vote on Curtailment of the season

43 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

Glad to see Leeann Dempster thinks the Premier League can complete the season. What do the 3 Divisions that her club voted to end do. You look after your own Leeann, we'll just fanny about for 6 weeks until you finish. Unbelievable!!!!

I sometimes think that the football authorities live in a different world and are oblivious to what is going on and said all around them. How can they possibly play it out when social distancing is here for the longer term?

10 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I sometimes think that the football authorities live in a different world and are oblivious to what is going on and said all around them. How can they possibly play it out when social distancing is here for the longer term?

The Scottish Government's Framework document states social distancing is here until we get a cure. Should make direct free kicks easier to get through the wall! 😂 

Elgin chairman Graham Tatters was on Sportsound yesterday.  Not cheery listening I'm afraid, but I'd think most clubs are in the same boat.   Elgin are a well run club who live within their means.. hard times ahead for all.

I'd imagine top league teams might get to play behind closed doors with TV coverage in the not too distant future - well, this year!   But that won't happen in the Championship, or L1 and 2.  With no income stream, wages to pay for however many players still on the books...  even cold wet days in Coatbridge bring misty-eyed reminiscences!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52427942

You can't finish a season when all of your players contracts have run out. Clubs need two things. As much certainty as is possible and as much money as possible. 

If the season was to be completed on the park, how could the likes of Stranraer ask guys to come and play for them for a year when they don't know what league they'd be playing in eight weeks later? It makes no sense. 

Finish it and discuss reconstruction, but do it quickly. We can't afford to waste time when we might not have forty-two clubs to come back to. 

Edited by an86

I thought the guys from Stenie and Elgin were a breath of fresh air, talking honestly and lucidly. It was interesting to hear their views on how the background to the vote was presented and how it has actually panned out. You'll not be surprised to hear that the two are different.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The self-preservation attitude of the League 2 clubs laid out in all its gory detail here. At least they're being up front about it I suppose.

http://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/club-statement-on-reconstruction/

Lowland league not relegating clubs = bad. Spfl not relegating clubs =good?

The self-preservation attitude of the League 2 clubs laid out in all its gory detail here. At least they're being up front about it I suppose.

Cove aren't the only losers with 14-14-14. Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar are all relegated to the bottom tier. Be a big hit financially for these clubs replacing games with Partick, Falkirk and Airdrie with Queens Park, Stenny and Albion Rovers.

No specifics on the number of promotion or relegation places either.

Whilst I agree with my fellow monument shaggers in the 3 14s being the best restructuring proposal, I can admit it is probably is from a selfish point of view from league 2 teams including ourselves.

We have clearly chosen this to keep both Kelty and Brora down and help preserve the status of the teams at the bottom of our league. Also teams will be happy not to have these 2 teams promoted as they will no doubt challenge for title next season which would limit our and others chances of promotion.  The 14 team league also gives the opportunity to teams like stirlinh to have one very good/lucky season and we would be playing some big teams and making some good cash. Compared to 14 10 10 10 where we would need 2 promotions to be playing against the ‘bigger boys’ of the lower leagues. Cove could no doubt see it this way as well as by winning a league of 14 where they only have to compete with the same teams from this year - which they have done easily, plus the bottom 4 of the league above to get big games the following season, which would be much easier than them playing in a league of 10 against other current league 1 clubs and fight it out for promotion with the likes or airdrie Falkirk east fife etc.

do I dare feel sorry for the 4 teams in league 1 who would basically be relegated due to this proposal? Probably yes. They will now receive less income from travelling supports and probably see home supports drop too by playing against lesser opposition, leading to staff/ player cuts and Ofcourse big budget cuts too. And 3 of those 4 have not finished bottom so it’s harsh punishing them 3 instead of punishing 2 teams- hearts and thistle who actually are bottom in their league. Where’s the sense in that I ask? 
But purely out of self interest though it’s a good decision for Stirling! 

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

A supporter of a founder member of the SPL lecturing others about self preservation?

Do as I say, not as I do.

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

A supporter of a founder member of the SPL lecturing others about self preservation?

Do as I say, not as I do.

I don't, and never have, run Kilmarnock Football Club, champ. It would be more relevant to say "Do as I say, not as other people completely unconnected to me do".

And of course, anyway, the SPL was never a closed shop the way the SFL was. Clearly some in the bottom two tiers still wish it was one.

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Will there be enough clubs left to have 14-14-14 or any other permutations  I fear not unless the government step in to assist which I doubt unless in the form of loans which will only create further issues down the line. 

Aye there will be enough clubs,we've got a pyramid system now and there's plenty of life below League 2.

The only way George Fraser and Rod Houston should be conforming to 14,14,14 is by getting automatic relegation for 20/21 for club 42.

3 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Aye there will be enough clubs,we've got a pyramid system now and there's plenty of life below League 2.

The only way George Fraser and Rod Houston should be conforming to 14,14,14 is by getting automatic relegation for 20/21 for club 42.

No issues with that  and a play off for second bottom place as well. 

I don't know why George Fraser and Rod Houston didn't negotiate this from the outset of the pyramid system.