Vote on Curtailment of the season

9 hours ago, gogsy said:

Working group wont decide anything, they can make a recommendation and the clubs will say yes or no.

I noticed a fans survey on facebook that the supporters trust have put out. I went through it but it is all a bit tame.  Questions like do you think it is important for the SPFL and SFA to listen to the fans ???? 

f**k me ! If they haven't even got past that stage of thinking then there is no fucking hope of anything positive happening in the near future. 

Bigger leagues throughout surely. The 10 clubl Premier league was a complete failure and it took them far too long to admit it. The present setup wasn't popular and hasn't worked. How many attempts do they need to get it right? Come on Task force or whatever, Its not difficult. 

Bigger leagues throughout and Summer football in 2021. Just get it f. . . . .g done.

5 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

The Premier are acting like a 'closed shop'  where only the elite and 'invited clubs' can enter. Let's have no relegation ever, with the bottom side playing the championship winners over so many legs until they get what they want,priceless. Hearts may go down ? Boo Hoo just grow up and bounce back straight away,simples. Makes one lose interest  in the whole carry on.

An interesting post on the League 2 forum, given that this division has exactly no automatic relegation spots.

On 19/04/2020 at 20:36, Lesser Is More said:

Bigger leagues throughout surely. The 10 clubl Premier league was a complete failure and it took them far too long to admit it. The present setup wasn't popular and hasn't worked. How many attempts do they need to get it right? Come on Task force or whatever, Its not difficult. 

Bigger leagues throughout and Summer football in 2021. Just get it f. . . . .g done.

The 10 team league was in no way a failure

2 European finals in the 80's (3 if you count the super cup) and all by non old firm team

12 team league has also had 2 European finalists, its ups and downs in European rankings and the split makes most games live until the last day of the season. 

The period 2010-2016 also had a good number of teams share in winning cups, yes the league has been with the old firm for far to long but moving to 14, 16 or 18 won't change that.

7 hours ago, realmadrid said:

The 10 team league was in no way a failure

2 European finals in the 80's (3 if you count the super cup) and all by non old firm team

12 team league has also had 2 European finalists, its ups and downs in European rankings and the split makes most games live until the last day of the season. 

The period 2010-2016 also had a good number of teams share in winning cups, yes the league has been with the old firm for far to long but moving to 14, 16 or 18 won't change that.

You're right there, it was the breakaway to form the SPFL not the 10/12 team top league which has been the failure. 

30 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

You're right there, it was the breakaway to form the SPFL not the 10/12 team top league which has been the failure. 

The breakaway was to form the SPL in 1998.

The SPL and SFL reunited to form the SPFL in 2013.

On 19/04/2020 at 20:36, Lesser Is More said:

You might not be old enough to remember the old first and second divisions, more teams and no end of meaningless games watched by poor crowds with no atmosphere. 

11 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

You might not be old enough to remember the old first and second divisions, more teams and no end of meaningless games watched by poor crowds with no atmosphere. 

I'm certainly old enough. My memory is of a never ending stream of talented footballers being produced.

6 hours ago, Nipper said:

I'm certainly old enough. My memory is of a never ending stream of talented footballers being produced.

Same here - meaningless games but the opportunity to blood young talent and also games where the fear of losing was not so great.  Is it not the case that Scottish transfers to England and the number of World Cups we qualified for were higher before the SPL was introduced?

18 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

What is a meaningless game? Every game I've been to I've wanted my team to win. I'm sure players and coaches are the same! Just because you can't win promotion or avoid relegation doesn't make a game meaningless! 

Games that involve teams not fighting for promotion or trying to avoid relegation tend to be more open with both teams going for it as there is less pressure on the team that loses!

You would think that🤔but.

As for endless stream of players going to England. It was a different era, there was not an endless stream of players from all parts of the world going to England and there was a hell of a lot more young players to pick from as that was still the era of kids playing fitba and not computer games etc.

41 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

As for endless stream of players going to England. It was a different era, there was not an endless stream of players from all parts of the world going to England and there was a hell of a lot more young players to pick from as that was still the era of kids playing fitba and not computer games etc.

Correct, nothing at all to do with the SPL.

2 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

This thread seems to have become home to some misty eyed nostalgics harking back to 19neverhappened.

59 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

This thread seems to have become home to some misty eyed nostalgics harking back to 19neverhappened.

I do remember the Cowdenbeath miners working 23 hours down the pit then running straight on to the pitch still wearing their pit boots and flat caps and beating Dunfermline 10-0 before returning to the mine for another 23 hour shift and all for tuppence hapenny 

they don’t make them like that anymore.

10 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I do remember the Cowdenbeath miners working 23 hours down the pit then running straight on to the pitch still wearing their pit boots and flat caps and beating Dunfermline 10-0 before returning to the mine for another 23 hour shift and all for tuppence hapenny 

they don’t make them like that anymore.

To be fair, with the state of the pitch at Central Park players should still be wearing pit boots😁