Vote on Curtailment of the season

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The Aberdeen chairman advocates change for one year only, then back to where we were. Save our Hearts!

To be back to where we are would mean 3 relegations from the premier assuming there would be one promotion into it. There would then be 3 down and 1 up for the other leagues apart from 2 which would have 3 coming down from 1, with 2 out of the SPFL and perhaps a playoff for the third bottom. The effect on league 2 would be horrendous. Better to end up with 11 teams in leagues one and two 

Edited by spiders4ever

18 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

To be back to where we are would mean 3 relegations from the premier assuming there would be one promotion into it. There would then be 3 down and 1 up for the other leagues apart from 2 which would have 3 coming down from 1, with 2 out of the SPFL and perhaps a playoff for the third bottom. The effect on league 2 would be horrendous. Better to end up with 11 teams in leagues one and two 

That’s if you revert back in one year ? Could be 2

6 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

If any change takes place then it should be temporary to allow further talks to get it right so I’m with him.

The Council Tax was only meant to be a temporary measure to fix the f*ck up that was the Poll Tax.

Temporary measures have a habit of becoming permanent. 

Can't see any incentive for league 2 teams to vote in favour of promoting Kelty and Brora. Two teams that will splash the cash and will be aiming to win the league. Will reduce the chance of the rest of the teams winning promotion and move the ones near the bottom closer to the trap door and in a year or 2 they might change it back and relegate 2 back into the LL or HL.

Can't see any incentive for league 2 teams to vote in favour of promoting Kelty and Brora. Two teams that will splash the cash and will be aiming to win the league. Will reduce the chance of the rest of the teams winning promotion and move the ones near the bottom closer to the trap door and in a year or 2 they might change it back and relegate 2 back into the LL or HL.

Cove and Edinburgh will obviously back it, so if you have 11 Premiership, 10 Championship and at least 9 League 1 sides in support then it won't matter what the remaining League 2 sides vote for.

23 minutes ago, Super Saddler said:

For the sake of your emerging pyramid system there needs to be promotion this season.  I can however see this getting squashed by the Premier League which would just be for self-interest reasons. I hope that something gets sorted out to suit all parties.

No objection to Kelty or Brora coming in but Brechin have to go first. That's what would have happened if the season finished. If Brechin had won the play-off then no lower league club would have been promoted

Does fairness and sporting integrity only work one way?

Cove and Edinburgh will obviously back it, so if you have 11 Premiership, 10 Championship and at least 9 League 1 sides in support then it won't matter what the remaining League 2 sides vote for.
Think you'll be lucky to get 9 league 1 sides. Teams will be really struggling financially and will be a big difference crowd wise from having Falkirk and Thistle in the league compared to Edinburgh and Stranraer.

Airdrie and East Fife will probably vote in favour as gives them a great chance to win it.

4 hours ago, The man with no name said:

No objection to Kelty or Brora coming in but Brechin have to go first. That's what would have happened if the season finished. If Brechin had won the play-off then no lower league club would have been promoted

Does fairness and sporting integrity only work one way?

I didn't realise Brechin were mathematically guaranteed to finish bottom.  Can I get this weeken's lottery numbers while you're at it, Nostradamus?

23 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

If any change takes place then it should be temporary to allow further talks to get it right so I’m with him.

Ann Budge to propose three points for a defeat, backdated to 2019/20. Option B is to relegate alphabetically. 

Would reconstruction be on the table if Hamilton were bottom? I doubt it.

13 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Ann Budge to propose three points for a defeat, backdated to 2019/20. Option B is to relegate alphabetically. 

Would reconstruction be on the table if Hamilton were bottom? I doubt it.

Correct 

The Premier are acting like a 'closed shop'  where only the elite and 'invited clubs' can enter. Let's have no relegation ever, with the bottom side playing the championship winners over so many legs until they get what they want,priceless. Hearts may go down ? Boo Hoo just grow up and bounce back straight away,simples. Makes one lose interest  in the whole carry on.