Vote on Curtailment of the season

Oh wait, here come Rangers with a statement pretending to be acting for the good of the smaller clubs :lol:

OK guys, if you're acting for the good of us issue a follow up statement ruling out permanently the prospect of Colts teams entering the League. That would be nice. Ta.

29 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Oh wait, here come Rangers with a statement pretending to be acting for the good of the smaller clubs :lol:

OK guys, if you're acting for the good of us issue a follow up statement ruling out permanently the prospect of Colts teams entering the League. That would be nice. Ta.

They'll say that it'll be to the advantage of the smaller clubs via bigger crowds / development of young Scots for the greater good etc etc, so what's not to like?

Keep up, you ungrateful wretch!

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I'll bet Berwick fans are having an ironic chuckle over talk about "unfair relegations" considering what happened last year. I did think Rovers would have caught them up as Berwick were rank rotten but you could see the award of points to Albion Rovers as a turning point in their season.

Listening to the pundits at the moment they forget Scottish football is full of historical unfairness-;Cowden getting done by the League in WWI, Alloa not getting promotion thanks to Adolf, Leith Ath being stuck in the C Division with Colts teams, Motherwell and Aberdeen escaping relegations from the Premier Division, allowing the franchisement of Meadowbank and Clydebank etc 

FWIW my own view is that there is a rule that the result stands if a match is abandoned at 75 minutes. This can affect a club's season- City have chucked points away in windswept and drookit home games this season. If they'd been abandoned at half time (and sometimes it was touch and go) we might have won the replayed matches and been closer to Cove. All ifs, buts and maybes. In a similar vein we have abandoned the League in the metaphorical 75th minute. Therefore things should stand as they are and if I had been on Edinburgh City's board I would have voted to end the season despite this decision preventing us having a crack at promotion through the play-offs. I can't actually say how the club voted though.

No there isn't. If a game is abandoned at any point it will be rearranged.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

FWIW my own view is that there is a rule that the result stands if a match is abandoned at 75 minutes. This can affect a club's season- City have chucked points away in windswept and drookit home games this season. If they'd been abandoned at half time (and sometimes it was touch and go) we might have won the replayed matches and been closer to Cove. All ifs, buts and maybes. In a similar vein we have abandoned the League in the metaphorical 75th minute. Therefore things should stand as they are and if I had been on Edinburgh City's board I would have voted to end the season despite this decision preventing us having a crack at promotion through the play-offs. I can't actually say how the club voted though.

No there isn't. You just made that up in your head. Any match in the senior Scottish Leagues that is abandoned before the final whistle starts again from minute 1. Always has. There's never been any "result stands" rule.

EDIT - Posted before I saw Craig had already pointed that out.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Celtgers could send the boys round to rough up all of the other SPFL chairmen and the most they'd get would be a fine.

Also, please stop yelling, I find it quite intimidating.

42 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Celtgers could send the boys round to rough up all of the other SPFL chairmen and the most they'd get would be a fine.

Also, please stop yelling, I find it quite intimidating.

HE HAS A RARE EYE CONDITION YOU UTTER TRUMPET

© @Dryhorce circa 2013

21 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Thank Christ we have "the rangers" standing up for fairness & integrity in Scottish Fitba'

Thanks, mate.  Our season's thread title needed updating so I've used your words verbatim.

Pop in and have a scoop of gin from the loving cup.

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Maybe I'm missing something here but why are Rangers so bothered about this? If the season is played to a finish then Celtic are still going to win the league. It makes no difference to Rangers.

Probably because they don't want to be seen voting to hand the title to Celtic, even though Celtic would win the division anyway. A bit like Dundee/ Dundee United in the Championship.

On 11/04/2020 at 22:11, The_Kincardine said:

Thanks, mate.  Our season's thread title needed updating so I've used your words verbatim.

Pop in and have a scoop of gin from the loving cup.

I am sure Celtic will welcome you for a wee dram to celebrate their 9 in a row party.  It was in the bag and everyone knows it.  Love the loving cup offering. 

21 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I'm at a loss as to why Celtic backed this if they could be papped out of the Champions League by UEFA. 

The resolution was that the Premiership would attempt to continue playing if possible, and that the table would be declared complete only if they could not. This was specifically to satisfy UEFA's stance.

Edited by craigkillie

Disappointed with the statement from Edinburgh City. Obviously trying to exploit the situation to get themselves promotion by the back door! I have no problem with Cove going up as they were clearly the best team and would have gone up automatically as Champions. Edinburgh City would have finished 2nd but would have had to win the play-offs to go up. I believe Queen's Park would have made the play-offs and I would have fancied our chances. We had beaten Edinburgh City in our last 2 games and had strengthened our squad significantly since then. 

They talk about sporting integrity. Second place only gets you a play-off spot, not promotion. You do not deserve to exploit that for more!!!!

2 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Disappointed with the statement from Edinburgh City. Obviously trying to exploit the situation to get themselves promotion by the back door! I have no problem with Cove going up as they were clearly the best team and would have gone up automatically as Champions. Edinburgh City would have finished 2nd but would have had to win the play-offs to go up. I believe Queen's Park would have made the play-offs and I would have fancied our chances. We had beaten Edinburgh City in our last 2 games and had strengthened our squad significantly since then. 

They talk about sporting integrity. Second place only gets you a play-off spot, not promotion. You do not deserve to exploit that for more!!!!

I agree and as stated I would have voted to accept.

The Lowland League have taken the realistic view. I sometimes miss the LL where life was simpler i.e. stuffing the Spartans and Whitehill was your target for the season :lol: