Vote on Curtailment of the season

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

No but players can’t go anywhere else till they open a transfer window. I agree that the best thing is to finish the season now but what happens if SPL restart their season and as a consequence are not ready to start the new season at the same time as other leagues. 

f**k them.

Rangers have no intention of finishing the league and they know it’s near impossible, it’s a theatre act for their support.

More worryingly is that they,  Hearts and Hibs want to restructure the leagues, no doubt with the Colts included or some other stitch up that gives them more money. 
I wouldn’t wish the virus on anyone but these b*****ds are getting close !

I think they need to wait a bit longer to see what happens with the lockdown. There is nothing to prevent the virus from spreading again and it will. As soon as the lockdown eases, the virus will spread again. Are the authorities going to enforce another lockdown in the winter and then the new season is goosed as well? As long as the NHS gets in a position to cope, I can't really see how the lockdown can continue for weeks and weeks.

7 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

UEFA have said if the season has to be extended they will allow for the extension of contracts for short term and adjust the transfer window accordingly.

UEFA can't supercede UK employment law!!!! Any contract extensions would have to be mutually agreed with the player.

Never going to happen!!!!

31 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

UEFA can't supercede UK employment law!!!! Any contract extensions would have to be mutually agreed with the player.

Never going to happen!!!!

Exactly 

Players could ask whatever they wanted as Clubs would need them to complete the season. These Premier League tossers haven’t a clue 

I'll be annoyed at Hearts not going down if there's no reconstruction. What makes them different from Stranraer who are in line to be relegated apart from they're a big club and Stranraer aren't.

Of course Stranraer don’t matter. Everyone knows we are a diddy club. [emoji6]

16 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Exactly 

Players could ask whatever they wanted as Clubs would need them to complete the season. These Premier League tossers haven’t a clue 

Heard that the PFA has tabled a proposal to it's members that it could propose to clubs on behalf of said members, that if the season is to continue through the summer / into early autumn, then clubs offer all players & staff that will be out of contract a 3-month (or however long required) extension on the basis of their current / existing terms. It will then be up to each player as to whether they choose to accept the extension. So seems that the PFA is taking the 'we're all in this together' approach, & looking to do right by both it's members & the clubs that employ them. Could all be academic of course if the vote goes the way of finishing the season now.

3 hours ago, Highland ITFC said:

Heard that the PFA has tabled a proposal to it's members that it could propose to clubs on behalf of said members, that if the season is to continue through the summer / into early autumn, then clubs offer all players & staff that will be out of contract a 3-month (or however long required) extension on the basis of their current / existing terms. It will then be up to each player as to whether they choose to accept the extension. So seems that the PFA is taking the 'we're all in this together' approach, & looking to do right by both it's members & the clubs that employ them. Could all be academic of course if the vote goes the way of finishing the season now.

the same PFA that told its members not to accept 80% wages ! Now looking to get some more money into their members pockets. 
that’s what they are they are there for but  the “ all together “ pish is not in their vocabulary.

If it had been Hamilton/Livi/StMirren or Ross County at the bottom of the league, it would have been a done and dusted decision.

As it's one of the "favoured few", who bring a decent travelling support, even 2,000 punters x £20 as an average = £40,000. The money men will stick together, just as they did with Sevco.

Money makes it's own rules, and the poorer clubs just don't count.

Yet it's us poorer clubs that put the "support" in supporters, without us there would be no others to play against.

Hearts have been the worst team in the SPL by a long way, they don't deserve a reprieve, relegate them and let the rest of Scottish Football collect their league payouts , and let us all move on.

2 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

If it had been Hamilton/Livi/StMirren or Ross County at the bottom of the league, it would have been a done and dusted decision.

As it's one of the "favoured few", who bring a decent travelling support, even 2,000 punters x £20 as an average = £40,000. The money men will stick together, just as they did with Sevco.

Money makes it's own rules, and the poorer clubs just don't count.

Yet it's us poorer clubs that put the "support" in supporters, without us there would be no others to play against.

Hearts have been the worst team in the SPL by a long way, they don't deserve a reprieve, relegate them and let the rest of Scottish Football collect their league payouts , and let us all move on.

Scottish football is rotten from the top down.  

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Dundee FC rep still trying to work out how to vote on his Tamagotchi.

Trying to explain all this to an American will take time. It will firstly have to be translated into words of one syllable and then ensure that his pointing finger can keep a straight line across the entire page. 28 days will be a tough task.

Edited by williebraveheart

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I'm too lazy to look but is there a breakdown of how clubs voted?

It seems Rangers, Hearts and Partick voted against but to paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies "They would, wouldn't they?"

Only one voted against in the Premier League. It must have been Hearts. I take it Rangers abstained.

I'll bet Berwick fans are having an ironic chuckle over talk about "unfair relegations" considering what happened last year. I did think Rovers would have caught them up as Berwick were rank rotten but you could see the award of points to Albion Rovers as a turning point in their season.

Listening to the pundits at the moment they forget Scottish football is full of historical unfairness-;Cowden getting done by the League in WWI, Alloa not getting promotion thanks to Adolf, Leith Ath being stuck in the C Division with Colts teams, Motherwell and Aberdeen escaping relegations from the Premier Division, allowing the franchisement of Meadowbank and Clydebank etc 

FWIW my own view is that there is a rule that the result stands if a match is abandoned at 75 minutes. This can affect a club's season- City have chucked points away in windswept and drookit home games this season. If they'd been abandoned at half time (and sometimes it was touch and go) we might have won the replayed matches and been closer to Cove. All ifs, buts and maybes. In a similar vein we have abandoned the League in the metaphorical 75th minute. Therefore things should stand as they are and if I had been on Edinburgh City's board I would have voted to end the season despite this decision preventing us having a crack at promotion through the play-offs. I can't actually say how the club voted though.