Belarussian Premier League

Good win for Energetik yesterday. Intrguing games today between Slavia and Torpedo, and Neman and Rukh. Neman already have a Glasgow supporters club according to twitter and have a remarkable shirt. Torpedo meanwhile looked great last weekend but their game in Mozyr is hard to call.

EWwaoP4WsAAKWdV.thumb.jpg.ef84554cd2248cad6109e069f9a35b7b.jpg

Watching Neman game
Neman 3-0 down but it’s been a decent game
The referee is incredibly biased against Neman - they are right on polish border right? Maybe some bad blood ? Maybe he’s just shit

What was the red card for in that game? Genuinely baffling. 
The English commentary (sic) is something else as well. 
I only saw the last five minutes, but it probably goes down as one of the most bizarre football experiences I've had. 

f**k knows second goal looked mile offside and pen decision was comical

The referee was absolutely rank

Refereeing standard in the league is very poor. There's no bad feeling towards Poland. The guy running Slavia v Torpedo today was one of the better ones I've seen but even he got a 50:50 penalty call in favour of Torpedo wrong.

I'm really enjoying the Belarussian league. All the teams seem quite attack-minded and there were some cracking goals today in the Neman game. The better games are equivalent to the bottom six of the Scot Prem / top of the Championship, whilst the poorer games seem about the standard of the Welsh Premier. Quite a wide range of ability.

15 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

What was the red card for in that game? Genuinely baffling. 

The English commentary (sic) is something else as well. 

I only saw the last five minutes, but it probably goes down as one of the most bizarre football experiences I've had. 

where were you watching to get commentary?

ive been watching these games on youtube,just crowd noises there

Last post hijacking this thread, second leg of the Liga Primera de Nicaragua Clasura season took place on Saturday night, first leg finished 1-1 thank to a 'mano de dios' goal from Managua FC. In the second leg, which was played at the National stadium rather than than MFC's usual stadium, Real Esteli got their revenge with a 3-1 win. Earlier in the day at the same ground, the same teams U20s played out the final and Real Esteli won that too. For a baseball country, the football was pretty decent and usually they seem to get good, loud, crowds so I will probably watch it next season. 

champ 1.jpg

Champ 3.jpg

Champ 2.jpg

BATE comfortably top now after seeing off a very poor Slutsk 3-0 in a first v second clash.
Energetik continue to catch the eye with a stylish win over an awful Dynamo Brest side. Last season’s champions in free fall.

Today’s three games were soporific viewing if I’m honest. Dinamo Minsk’s single goal victory over Isloch being the only minor note in 180 mins’ worth of dross.

BATE comfortably top now after seeing off a very poor Slutsk 3-0 in a first v second clash.
Energetik continue to catch the eye with a stylish win over an awful Dynamo Brest side. Last season’s champions in free fall.

Today’s three games were soporific viewing if I’m honest. Dinamo Minsk’s single goal victory over Isloch being the only minor note in 180 mins’ worth of dross.
I backed Dinamo Minsk on the first bet I've had on in a couple of months. Sadly Köln let me down in my acca.

If anyone is desperate for their football fix, there is more ex-Soviet stuff tonight as the Estonian Meistriliiga starts back at 5pm. Three separate games appear to be available to watch via the Premium Liiga facebook page or soccernet.ee

On 22/05/2020 at 19:33, highlandcowden said:

at half time in the shakhter soligorsk-belshina bobriusk game we were treated to Kiss's "love gun" over the tannoy

the Bundesliga will need to go some to even come close to topping that

in the Bundesliga thread Bayern munichs half time music was lewis Capaldi.i rest my case

Pish cup final unfortunately and Dynamo a bit hard done by. League game between these two last Wednesday was much more entertaining.

On yt games to watch are Shaktyor-Belshina and Isloch-Energetik from this weekend, best goals in there.

• 6 months later...