Belarussian Premier League

....or, the last football league in Europe still standing. Mainly because mad old Sandy Lukashenko says he can’t see any virus, and is demanding life continues as normal.

Live streams are on the bet365 site. Energetik-BGU are top after 3 wins out of 3, following a hard fought 2-0 win today over FC Minsk. Last weekend’s Minsk derby between FC and Dinamo was a cracking game.

Serial champions BATE Borisov seem ti be having their version of Liverpool (the Souness years) and don’t look as strong this season.

League’s not bad to watch. Not sure how long they will be able to deny reality though. Stadia are largely empty as fans boycott games over government’s bizarre inactivity. COVID-19 spreading quickly in the country.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Some of the games have been okay right enough. Decent technical ability up front and most teams try to play on the deck. Some decent build up play in general but most teams lack a goalscorer from what I've seem.

Strange atmosphere with the boycott/ people staying at home. Also disconcerting as the camera guy always seems to have a cough...

Watched BATE yesterday and they probably deserved to win but the opposition could have nicked a point with better finishing.

Currently watching Smolevichi vs FC Vitebsk. Pretty meh.

Watched Dinamo play Torpedo Belaz Zhodino on Friday and thought it was a poor game. Interesting to see how long the league lasts considering it appeared to be played in an empty stadium.

Belarusian club create mannequins -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52243536

Was in Minsk in 2005 when Scotland drew nil nil with Belarus. Cleanest  place I have ever been too. No dogshit or rubbish on the roads. Railway station was immaculate. Doesn't surprise me that they are still playing football. Was in the Hotel Belarus in Minsk, was the best hotel I have ever been to. Contained 5 bars one of which was next to my hotel room. Also had a titty bar where all the women were all naked. As I said best hotel I have ever been to. :)

Nicaraguan Premier League is where it’s at these days. Just watched the big match between Juventus Managua and Real Madriz. Juventus score their second goal around 60 minutes to go 2-0 up, striker looks marginally offside but very tight call, Real Madriz players don’t agree with the decision and refuse to restart the match. Game abandoned after it looked like one of the Madriz players was about to take the referee a square go. 

Easy win for BATE. They controlled the game from the start and looked like they could score at will. Third goal straight from a corner.

Early pacesetters Energetik knocked off the top yesterday after not really turning up in a pisspoor 2-0 defeat at Torpedo-BELAZ. Torpedo now lead the table.

Games tend to be quite open and attacking and not bad to watch.

On 11/04/2020 at 21:44, IrishBhoy said:

Nicaraguan Premier League is where it’s at these days. Just watched the big match between Juventus Managua and Real Madriz. Juventus score their second goal around 60 minutes to go 2-0 up, striker looks marginally offside but very tight call, Real Madriz players don’t agree with the decision and refuse to restart the match. Game abandoned after it looked like one of the Madriz players was about to take the referee a square go. 

How did you watch the game? Kick off times suit me a lot before than Belarus

14 minutes ago, Torpar said:

How did you watch the game? Kick off times suit me a lot before than Belarus

Bet365 or You Tube m9.

Edited by jagfox99

On 12/04/2020 at 13:47, Todd_is_God said:

FC Minsk appear to be an absolute gang

8 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

For those looking to gamble on these games, there's one tip I can't recommend enough: checking the form!!! 

Some teams might seem like good odds because you've heard of them before, but in actual fact they could well be absolute mince! 

Absolute Minsk, you could say.

FC Minsk lost again earlier. A gang indeed.

Speaking of gangs, Vitebsk are currently holding champions Dinamo Brest at bay. It’s like watching Stranraer against Raith Rovers.

Best game of the day will be last, a local derby between BATE Borisov and leaders Torpedo BelAZ from Zhodzina.

Amongst the crowds this weekend have been a pished guy with an accordion and Dinamo’s young team in what appears to be full hazmat suits and masks.

For the first time in a month, I think, I saw some live football last night. Watched the first half of CD Walter Feretti v Real Madriz in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua U20s then the whole of Diriangen FC v Juventus Managua. Second game was decent enough, 1-0 Diriangen and one red card for Juve. Just discovered this morning that the second game was the quarter final of the 'Clausura' season, so Diriangen now play Real Esteli in a two leg semi, Walter Ferretti play Managua FC in the other semi. Since they play in a black and white Joma kit that the Pars could have picked from the catalogue themselves and I like their badge, Diriangen FC are now my team. 

Nica 1.jpg

Nica 2.jpg