Sunderland Til I Die

Can't believe this doesn't have a thread already. Finished the second series of fly on the wall documentary, after the first honestly thought they couldn't get a bigger bunch of idiots running the club the the second series starts well with one of the owners wanting to turn the stadium of light into a club and treating a member of his staff so poorly she leaves or he sacks her. One of the wee guys comes across well as does Jack Ross. They also pay 3 times what Jack Ross thinks Will Grigg was worth, unbelievable.

To be fair the girl that left/was sacked seemed to be (from the edited footage shown) pretty uninterested with lots of faces being pulled and the 'oh well if we make it we make it' when they were trying to beat the attendance record.

21 minutes ago, spud131 said:

To be fair the girl that left/was sacked seemed to be (from the edited footage shown) pretty uninterested with lots of faces being pulled and the 'oh well if we make it we make it' when they were trying to beat the attendance record.

She was fucking useless.

The management style wasn't great but whole corporate team were a waste of space. Waiting to be told what to do.

That Methven (?) is an absolute trumpet. He's your stereotypical gobshite fan facer. Thinks he talks the good game but you can see he hasn't a fucking clue and is just bluffing his way into thicko's heads. 

The sad thing is it's the thicko's that keep him in a job. 

45 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

She was fucking useless.

The management style wasn't great but whole corporate team were a waste of space. Waiting to be told what to do.

She was pretty useless but like the managing director said I don't think any of the team there were used to making decisions. The guy went totally the wrong way about doing things and at the end of the day their work must of have had some success as the smashed 40,000

That Methven (?) is an absolute trumpet. He's your stereotypical gobshite fan facer. Thinks he talks the good game but you can see he hasn't a fucking clue and is just bluffing his way into thicko's heads. 
The sad thing is it's the thicko's that keep him in a job. 
He must have read the entire business/corporate speak nonsense thread on here, then tried to fit every single phrase into the programme.

I do have a bit of sympathy for the new board, they have inherited an absolute financial and management shambles. It seems that nobody had to answer to anybody under the previous regime and a lot of the staff seem to just be going through the motions.

Given that Maja is reported to be on 50k per week plus in France, I don't think there was ever any chance he was signing a new deal with Sunderland, think his agent made sure of that.

Here's what i said on the Netflix thread about them expecting to turn up and ease past Celtic in the first episode of series 1 - 

The Celtic game pissed me off too. I actually remember seeing the result on livescore at the time and thinking it was impressive to beat a just relegated Barclays team 5-0.

But when you actually see it on the first episode of series 1, you kind of wonder how Celtic didn't score more. Sunderland were a team of complete jobbers.  Celtic had superior players in every position and 6 months earlier had drawn with Man City home and away in the CL. 

Celtic were always going to absolutely beast them. 

23 hours ago, 101 said:

She was pretty useless but like the managing director said I don't think any of the team there were used to making decisions. The guy went totally the wrong way about doing things and at the end of the day their work must of have had some success as the smashed 40,000

It wasnt really "their work", though was it? That was with him pushing them. We've no idea if they would have hit that number if they were just left to their own devices. Given the Irish women who left said they'd never get near 40,000, you'd have to suspect not.

5 hours ago, Mr X said:

It wasnt really "their work", though was it? That was with him pushing them. We've no idea if they would have hit that number if they were just left to their own devices. Given the Irish women who left said they'd never get near 40,000, you'd have to suspect not.

I'm not really sure he done anything either. With a few days to go he was going on about maybe reaching the 36,000(?) that was set by Leeds. Then all of a sudden they have another 10,000 people turn up? 

Think there's a wee bit jigger pokery - or at the very least thousands extra free tickets thrown out. 

It's an absolutely wild thing to try and boast about. It was all done purely for the programme. If he ever shows up at another club he should be chased out as quickly as possible. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

I'm not really sure he done anything either. With a few days to go he was going on about maybe reaching the 36,000(?) that was set by Leeds. Then all of a sudden they have another 10,000 people turn up? 

Think there's a wee bit jigger pokery - or at the very least thousands extra free tickets thrown out. 

It's an absolutely wild thing to try and boast about. It was all done purely for the programme. If he ever shows up at another club he should be chased out as quickly as possible. 

No, absolutely. Im not suggesting the success was all down to him, but its also just as clear that it definitely wasnt down to the existing marketing team either

3 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Crying auld boot outside Wembley..........   "I just love me bairns". Aye, she loves them that much it's the second time she's been in 21 years.

She's the cook is she not? 

The tory came across as a cu....well tory. He is getting a bit of a raw deal but someone has to be the bad guy in this because the owner definitely isn't. They went from losing 40,000,000 a season to breaking even. The guy did his job, even if he is a p***k and ultimately Sunderland didn't get promoted.

Jack Ross comes across well enough in it but he is a bit of a walking sound bite. Was a part of me delighted they lost the cup final and play off final? Yes. Mainly because I felt he could have achieved something special at Saints, and who we ended up replacing him with.

Just watched both series over the last few days or so and from a footballing perspective to lose your top scorer in January each season and then fail to replace them adequately is never good.

The way they were moaning about Ross towards the end I'm surprised he made it to the start of this season.