Summer Football

PRICEY

Yes I think u could be right and it's an excellent idea for the teams in the majors to be allowed to finish this season's cups. Even if it's the start of next season.

There are always teams that get bys in the 1st round of the scottish and west cups. Why cant the semi finalists from this season's cups get a by in the first round of next seasons and try play the semi finals on that date ( or friday /sunday either side of it) then just the finals to try fit it. If it's done in this calendar year then they are still the Scottish/West 19/20 winners.

On that note. If the season is null and void and the scottish cup cant be played at all or on time, who will be the Amateur representatives? The "new" Coville? For winning 18/19. Eastfield as beaten finalists from 18/19 Or just none ??

There is very little chance, in my opinion, of the leagues being finished this season. June 10th has been muted as a potential return date for training however let's be honest, that's likely to be pushed back again too. Teams struggle to finish every season and regularly run into late may, early june so how on earth are they supposed to finish? Maybe the SAFA will say they will play out the majors and everything else is null and void and will be up to individual leagues to decide on structures etc for next season. I did see a tweet today from the colleges league saying they will finish the season when allowed to do so (or at least until promotion/champions and relegation are decided) but i cant see this happening unless all leagues do the same. I have also seen other teams putting out that it looks like their seasons are finished so either lots of mixed messages or pure speculation. Teams at the top of leagues, later stages in cups etc would obviously vote to finish the league but others with nothing to play for probably dont care too much. Squeezing 3 games a week into a month or 2 isnt going to work at amateur level, I cant see any other option than to end the season.

Yes the leagues will be null and void as there is not enough time to complete them, surely they will Finnish the majors though, It would be soul destroying for the clubs involved if not, I am also hoping the domestic cups continue, In Ayrshire the cup is at the Quarter final stage and the James Scott and Thistle bar at semi final stage, I'm sure the clubs involved would rather Finnish those competions than play bloody pre-season friendlys

I honestly cant understand the delay with the amateur game. Just call it now and void the season. Sure some people wont be happy but its not as if theres financial implications like there is in the professional game. Let teams know now and be done with it and at least clubs no they will be starting afresh whenever this has ran its course. 

I honestly cant understand the delay with the amateur game. Just call it now and void the season. Sure some people wont be happy but its not as if theres financial implications like there is in the professional game. Let teams know now and be done with it and at least clubs no they will be starting afresh whenever this has ran its course. 

If you look at the various leagues SAFL, GGPL, Caledonian and Central some teams haven't even played 50% of games. IF they start back in August theg would need to play until about October without ant any games off to finish. Then how do you play the next season. Huryy up, make a decision that is blindingly obvious to everyone and announce new season will start WHENEVER games can be played. Turning into an absolute shambles of dithering

Won’t be great for some teams for obvious reasons but with today’s outcome at senior level a think it’s now time for the safa to call an end to this season at least then clubs no what’s happening rather than trying to drag something out for no reason.

With there being no guarantee of the season starting in aug either it’s certainly worrying for the future of ammie football esp wit the jnr game almost dead aswell with clubs joining east or west

Yeah it was struggling and has been for years but i think in times like these u have to be optimistic. 

My opinion for the rest of the season is why not wait until we know exactly when games will be safe to be played again?

Dont think theres any rush to jump into any final decisions the now tbh.

Have they not said June 10th for min redondo ? That being that am sure that’s end of season time for Ammies aswell with agm and also above players now being unregistered and uninsured a would imagine but we can all try and be optimistic but let’s also try and build for the future or we’re done imo

Yeah it was struggling and has been for years but i think in times like these u have to be optimistic. 
My opinion for the rest of the season is why not wait until we know exactly when games will be safe to be played again?
Dont think theres any rush to jump into any final decisions the now tbh.

I get what you're saying about no rush but common sense tells us that when the EARLIEST games can start is mid to end of July everyone knows theres no way you can feasibly finish this season (lot of parks wont even be open then) and have a full 2020/21 season. The alternative is to squeeze in 3 games a week to finish this season and then do the same to get in next season or cancel cups etc. Most ive spoken to just want to see the back of this season and try and have a full season whenever guys can get back playing.

2 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

I get what you're saying about no rush but common sense tells us that when the EARLIEST games can start is mid to end of July everyone knows theres no way you can feasibly finish this season (lot of parks wont even be open then) and have a full 2020/21 season. The alternative is to squeeze in 3 games a week to finish this season and then do the same to get in next season or cancel cups etc. Most ive spoken to just want to see the back of this season and try and have a full season whenever guys can get back playing.

There are no guarantees that ur even gonna get next season started on time or that it wont be affected further down the line, what hapens if we get a 2nd wave of infection and then next season gets suspended aswell then uv have 2 seasons voided, is that a good possible outcome? 

Its only my opinion that a bit more time before writing off the season wont do any harm. 

Season will be cancelled without a doubt. I think it will come down to what happens with the league placings.

My opinion is that i know some senior leagues are allowing placings to stand but for me needs to be null and void across the board at Amateur level. In ayrshire some teams have played less than half of the games of others and even a points per game ratio isnt fair as very unlikely at this level that its anywhere close to playing through the fixtures evenly.

It's a shame but bigger things going on. All the best to all teams and I hope all bounce back after this long Pre season break just as strong as before. Keep safe

Hopefully the leagues, Cups and Clubs sponsors dont have that same thought process mate.

That’s the worry. The safa will need to dive into some of that bank
Balance and soften the blow. Lots of sponsors might not be as forthcoming as before the virus which will leave clubs struggling.