Summer Football

PRICEY

Restructuring 100 years of football to ensure we have another 100 years. 
I would live to see it before my playing days come to an end, It’ll never happen tho, because the dinosaurs at the SAFA and attitudes like your own. 

Why dont you put yourself forward to replace the "dinosaurs" and make the changes?

44 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Why dont you put yourself forward to replace the "dinosaurs" and make the changes?

I’m pretty sure it’s not as simple as that, I think you’d probably need a track record of involvement at a club, committee experience and reputation to get a seat up there. 
Other than that, I work full time, have kids and have committed to training twice a week and playing on a Saturday. I simply don’t have enough time. 

A lot of rules changes required within the SAFA and Leagues but possible and that's the easy bit ......I would think Leagues that a struggling could be worth considering [ though after this we could find more are ]
Do something about it then......not just talk about it 

Zero rule changes are required, SAFA rules already allow for summer football and there are summer leagues already, so people will need to find someone else to blame than the dinosaurs.

There’s no need to move every league from winter to summer, SAFA already have a mixture of summer and winter leagues.

All it takes is for a league or association to start a summer division, or a new summer league to be created. IF there really is demand for it then I’m sure a division or league will be created, but if everyone sits back and blames everyone else for not doing it, then it won’t happen. Everyone coming up with excuses for it not happening, but there’s absolutely no reason why it can’t be done in the current SAFA set up.

58 minutes ago, Graham3179 said:

Zero rule changes are required, SAFA rules already allow for summer football and there are summer leagues already, so people will need to find someone else to blame than the dinosaurs.

There’s no need to move every league from winter to summer, SAFA already have a mixture of summer and winter leagues.

All it takes is for a league or association to start a summer division, or a new summer league to be created. IF there really is demand for it then I’m sure a division or league will be created, but if everyone sits back and blames everyone else for not doing it, then it won’t happen. Everyone coming up with excuses for it not happening, but there’s absolutely no reason why it can’t be done in the current SAFA set up.

Graham how are you?  hope your are keeping well.....the rule I refer to change is player registrations, and only allowed to play once on a Saturday, who is going to give up the chance to play [ if successful ] in the Scottish / West cup latter stages or chasing a League title to then registrar for a summer League assume start date is march, so that's why I mention if some current Leagues who are struggling moved it may be better than a new League starting thus keeping the players and clubs as not everyone could play in Winter Leagues.

And as a dinosaur and as you know I have always been very pro active on changes and made a good few happen

Attitudes like mine?? [emoji1787][emoji1787] what attitude is that? Someone having a different opinion from you ?? f**k me u sound like one of the pampered superstars I'm talking about. I dont believe it will make a difference to participating numbers. Maybe crowds. If that's an attitude issue then ur maybe better staying off forums

Restructuring 100 years of football to ensure we have another 100 years. 
I would live to see it before my playing days come to an end, It’ll never happen tho, because the dinosaurs at the SAFA and attitudes like your own. 

12 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Attitudes like mine?? emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png what attitude is that? Someone having a different opinion from you ?? f**k me u sound like one of the pampered superstars I'm talking about. I dont believe it will make a difference to participating numbers. Maybe crowds. If that's an attitude issue then ur maybe better staying off forums

Opinions vary. Everyone is allowed one and no one will know who is right or wrong until its experimented. I don't think it would ever have been so with what's going on in the world right it gives us that opportunity. If it fails, it won't be difficult to avert back 

When this lockdown is relaxed enough to allow football to restart, all those who want summer football should go for it. Create a new league or leagues ask clubs to join and see what response you get Graham3179 has already said the rules are all in place so go for it You could start now on this forum by asking clubs to state if they would definitely switch if it was started up.

When this lockdown is relaxed enough to allow football to restart, all those who want summer football should go for it. Create a new league or leagues ask clubs to join and see what response you get Graham3179 has already said the rules are all in place so go for it You could start now on this forum by asking clubs to state if they would definitely switch if it was started up.

All talk and no action im afraid. Guys like to moan about everything but when you ask them to get off their arse and do something about it themselves theyre too "busy" for that. Its always someone else who doesnt have a clue thats the problem.

6 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

All talk and no action im afraid. Guys like to moan about everything but when you ask them to get off their arse and do something about it themselves theyre too "busy" for that. Its always someone else who doesnt have a clue thats the problem.

Very well put.

On 06/04/2020 at 23:08, eyeswideopen15 said:

Attitudes like mine?? emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png what attitude is that? Someone having a different opinion from you ?? f**k me u sound like one of the pampered superstars I'm talking about. I dont believe it will make a difference to participating numbers. Maybe crowds. If that's an attitude issue then ur maybe better staying off forums

I’m no pampered n I’m certainly no superstar. Train twice a week every week n play on a Saturday.  
Don’t understand that last part of the comment.

Basically a forum is for discussing and given opinions. I only gave my opinion that moving to summer will maybe get more people watching but personally I cant see it attracting any extra players. That made u respond by questioning my attitude.

I’m no pampered n I’m certainly no superstar. Train twice a week every week n play on a Saturday.  
Don’t understand that last part of the comment.

I’d personally try keep it the way it is the now. I’d put the grassroots to summer if possible but leave the rest as is. We don’t know when this is 100% gonny end, so say we get to May/June and are still no allowed to train. Playing summers out the window

I think the SAFA will just do what the seniors do. Well maybe minus the corrupt part

I cant see the point in trying to squeeze the last 3 months of a season into the first bit of next season then squeeze next season into whatever is left. Surely if they're talking no football until mid July at earliest the common sense thing is to start 2020/21 then? Dissapointing for teams who were top of league or in promotion but its not exactly normal times.

There is very little chance, in my opinion, of the leagues being finished this season. June 10th has been muted as a potential return date for training however let's be honest, that's likely to be pushed back again too. Teams struggle to finish every season and regularly run into late may, early june so how on earth are they supposed to finish? Maybe the SAFA will say they will play out the majors and everything else is null and void and will be up to individual leagues to decide on structures etc for next season. I did see a tweet today from the colleges league saying they will finish the season when allowed to do so (or at least until promotion/champions and relegation are decided) but i cant see this happening unless all leagues do the same. I have also seen other teams putting out that it looks like their seasons are finished so either lots of mixed messages or pure speculation. Teams at the top of leagues, later stages in cups etc would obviously vote to finish the league but others with nothing to play for probably dont care too much. Squeezing 3 games a week into a month or 2 isnt going to work at amateur level, I cant see any other option than to end the season.