possible solution to the turmoil of our football

would this scenario possibly work?end the season as null and void. restart the new season, whenever. each team carries forward its points ,goal differance . games in hand ect. i know there are issues with transfer,s ect , but fifa or uefa, could stop all transfer until 2021. just a thought. i await the usual responces .and any further thought,s will be welcome

Edited by angusog

Think the best solution is to just finish the season before the end of the year. Then have a shortened season next year maybe 22 games, playing each team once home and away? Ideally it wouldn’t come to that, but I just don’t see the season restarting anytime soon

as i said, next season , whenever , it might kick off in july ,if we are lucky and this virus is on the way out. or maybe 1 year from july 2023 ?  my thought s  2022 tbh

Edited by angusog

25 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Think the best solution is to just finish the season before the end of the year. Then have a shortened season next year maybe 22 games, playing each team once home and away? Ideally it wouldn’t come to that, but I just don’t see the season restarting anytime soon

then dundee utd , get no credit for their efforts ? hearts get a massive advantage , unless fifa or uefa so all contracts must be extended, with no transfers . that would make it a fair playing field surely ?

Edited by angusog

Unfortunately it's too early to guess when it will be deemed safe to resume "normal" life (including the football season), and I think finishing the season is the least of our worries right now.

However, purely from a sporting integrity point of view, I think the fairest solution is that the season should resume in full at an appropriate time.

It might f**k up the usual timeframe in which football normally occurs, but there's no point rigidly sticking to timeframes and deadlines for when the season must resume when it's uncertain how long the Coronavirus outbreak will last.

Lets have a look at other ideas that have been banded about:

Ending the season as is - would be unfair as it would rob sides at the bottom of the table the opportunity to escape relegation, and sides in and around play-off or continental competition places the chance to secure those places.

Ending the season as is but having no promotion or relegation - would be unfair as teams who have worked hard all season to be top of the league would be denied their reward, and teams at the bottom would be given a reprieve they don't deserve.

Playing out a truncated version of the season - why not just finish it properly?

Voiding the season completely - a non-starter IMO as there is no reason to completely abandon the current season. It also potentially opens a nice big can of legal complications. Clubs would have spent money for nothing, managers would have lost their jobs for nothing, fans would have spent their season ticket money on what basically amounts to an incomplete product etc.

No matter what happens, and whether you agree with me on other points or not, I'm sure we will all agree that it will be a glorious day when the football season resumes.

Unfortunately it's too early to guess when it will be deemed safe to resume "normal" life (including the football season), and I think finishing the season is the least of our worries right now.
However, purely from a sporting integrity point of view, I think the fairest solution is that the season should resume in full at an appropriate time.
It might f**k up the usual timeframe in which football normally occurs, but there's no point rigidly sticking to timeframes and deadlines for when the season must resume when it's uncertain how long the Coronavirus outbreak will last.
Ending the season as is - would be unfair as it would rob sides at the bottom of the table the opportunity to escape relegation, and sides in and around play-off or continental competition places the chance to secure those places.
Ending the season as is but having no promotion or relegation - would be unfair as teams who have worked hard all season to be top of the league would be denied their reward, and teams at the bottom would be given a reprieve they don't deserve.
Playing out a truncated version of the season - why not just finish it properly?
Voiding the season completely - a non-starter IMO as there is no reason to completely abandon the current season. It also potentially opens a nice big can of legal complications. Clubs would have spent money for nothing, managers would have lost their jobs for nothing, fans would have spent their season ticket money on what basically amounts to an incomplete product etc.
No matter what happens, and whether you agree with me on other points or not, I'm sure we will all agree that it will be a glorious day when the football season resumes.

Number one, regardless of what happens ray mckinnon did not get sacked for nothing so our season still meant to something to me,
For me the only solution is to play it to a conclusion whenever it is safe to do so, possibly the autumn. If need be have a short season next year. At least whatever truncated formula is needed for 20/21 season is the same for everyone and no one is shafted this year. Anything else is an no go for me

IF its still not safe by October to resume then i recon by then we’ll be heading into the next Great Depression and alot of clubs wont survive so youd have to look at a major revamp in that case

16 hours ago, The Gypsy King said:

its all about opinions ,yours makes sense

2 hours ago, angusog said:

its all about opinions ,yours makes sense

No matter what solution is decided, there is always going to be someone who is unhappy with the outcome.

18 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Number one, regardless of what happens ray mckinnon did not get sacked for nothing so our season still meant to something to me,

Oh, I'm not saying that managers who have lost their jobs magically no longer deserved it just because the season is voided, because often it's the correct decision. I was more driving at the general point that, if the season is voided, every result and all of the money spent was all for nothing and I think that would be the most unfair outcome possible.

Club Bruges declared Belgian champions current league table to stand no playoffs.

I would expect other national leagues to follow and decide their position.

So if the Scottish league sits on the fence they will get a heads up on what to do avoiding upsetting the old firm, Hearts, Partick and Falkirk.