Home Haircuts

Venti

I’ve been doing mine for a while, no. 3 all over.

Recently (when I was in rehab I said no, no, no) I stopped shaving and after 4 weeks had a proper jakey wildness on my chin.
For the first time ever I didn’t shave it all off but went for a self trim and have kept the face fuzz ever since.

Finally getting used to it, not looking like a complete tramp either.

I've cut mine twice so far recently. If you watch some YouTube tutorials, take your time and be very patient you can give yourself a 1 or 2 at the sides and leave it whatever length you want at the top. The blending can be done with a bit of time.

You're never going to get it to barbershop level but it'll do meantime.

On 10/04/2020 at 17:50, aaa said:

Bare clipper for me, 0.5mm i think it is.

^^^ This for me.

On 10/04/2020 at 19:10, Blootoon87 said:

Shaved it off but toyed with the idea of leaving this Travis Bickle tribute.IMG_20200325_201106273.jpeg

Looks more like oor Lorraine’s bickle tribute.

2FA60125-93E5-47E9-8F76-0BED0C9BFA50.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs bought a set of clippers as my son ends up like a member of the Jackson 5 if he doesn't get a haircut every few weeks. To be fair she did a decent job so I let her do mine.  Think if you just stick to a 2 at back and sides and let the top get a bit longer, you can't do too much damage. 

Got a hair trimmer a few weeks ago.

I usually get my hair cut with a four so I tried the six guard first.

Cut very well, then I had another look in the mirror and seen a couple of hairs sticking out a bit.

So I ran the trimmer over that bit forgetting I had taken the guard off.

It looked like someone had ran a lawnmower over one strip of the grass! 

Without the guard it was cut at 1.9 mm.

Luckily the short bit was more on the side of my hair so I used the three guard, it disgused most of it.

Cracker Strimmer! 

Went and bought clippers two weeks ago. Didn't want to go right to the bone so shaved in a no.3 and then asked the girlfriend to mark it up at the back so it wasn't all fluff. I don't know what sort of shape she thought my hair usually was at the back, but this "line" resembled a wave drawn by a 3 year old and was half way up my head. Shaved to the bone it was, then. I did take a photo, but I immediately deleted it in a rage as I was removing the guard to go for a zero all over. I am sorry, P&B.

Doing it at home leaves you with only one foolproof option - no comb, whip it all off. Or so I thought until I had to get a new pair of clippers with combs that actually clip securely to the clipper! Yay Braun - fúck you, Wahl!

I shaved mine for a couple of decades until I was asked by Rosette 2 to have a "proper" hairstyle for her wedding, four years ago. Now I'm back to suede-look, I may just keep it this way for a while. When left untended (and I'd had it cut three days before lockdown), it grows like Kudzu on steroids.

I shaved mine for a couple of decades until I was asked by Rosette 2 to have a "proper" hairstyle for her wedding, four years ago.

Cheeky bitch. Hope you telt her to find herself a "proper" husband first.

I Alien 3'd myself a few weeks ago, but keep finding stragglers I've missed. Just noticed I've got a tiny Yordan Letchkov right on my hairline. It's nice not having to give a f**k.